PDA

View Full Version : Installation errors

chill
04-27-2017, 05:58 AM
I'm trying to re-install the game but keep getting the following error after I see the launcher and press "Play Project Gorgon":

"Could not find a part of the path "C\Users\........ProjectGorgonLauncerWin_Data\Proje ct Gorgon\WindowsPlayer.exe" (#1 - System.IO.IsolatedStorageExeception)

I see this error as soon as I click "Play Project Gorgon" so basically nothing is downloaded/installed. Any ideas?

Thanks

Silvonis
04-27-2017, 06:26 AM
Have you downloaded the launcher fresh from the website?

chill
04-27-2017, 06:38 AM
Yep, downloaded it from the shiny new projectgorgon.com website.

** I should say I "uninstalled" the game, then deleted all remaining files. Then tried to re-install.

Silvonis
04-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Try uninstalling and deleting all Project: Gorgon files then restart your computer and open the launcher and try again.

chill
04-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks Silvonis, but unfortunately that didn't work either. Maybe i'll look into reinstalling my OS+everything from scratch.

Citan
04-27-2017, 11:36 AM
There's something wrong with the directory it's trying to download files to -- it doesn't exist or it's not allowed to create the directory. I'm not sure how that would happen, but the first thing to try is to give it a different directory to download to. Unfortunately the alpha launcher app doesn't have an easy way to change the download directory yet! Instead, you can use a command-line parameter to reset it, so it asks you again where to save the downloaded files:

In the file explorer, find the ProjectGorgonLauncherWin program, RIGHT-click it, and choose "Create shortcut" from the menu that appears.
Now you will see a new icon called "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut". RIGHT-click that icon, and choose "Properties"
Now you're looking at the options for this shortcut. The line "Target:" is the important one. Click at the end of that line, add a space, and then add "-reset" (without quotes). As an example, I have the launcher in a directory called C:\gorgon-live, so my Target line looks like this:
C:\gorgon-live\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe -reset
Press OK
Now double-click the "ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut" icon to run it. It should ask you again where you want to download the files to. Let it use the default directory it lists there.

Hopefully that will resolve things, but if not, please let me know what error it shows next!

Once it works, you can just delete that shortcut icon ("ProjectGorgonLauncherWin - Shortcut") and use the regular icon to start the program in the future. Using the shortcut icon again will make it re-ask you where to save things each time.

chill
04-27-2017, 01:45 PM
That worked perfectly. Thanks!!