PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Levels for Battle Chemistry?

Tagamogi
04-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Since the highest level battle chemistry ability is level 74, I assume there are 4 total bonus levels available for battle chemistry. Which skills give those bonuses? I currently have 3 bonus levels from somewhere, probably mostly alchemy, but I can't figure out which skill might have that fourth bonus level.

alleryn
04-18-2017, 01:04 PM
The wiki (http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Synergy_Levels) lists just 3 bonus levels (2 from alchemy and 1 from pathology). I believe this info updates 'automatically' (via Extractum11's script from the info in http://cdn.projectgorgon.com/v278/data/skills.json), so most likely this is an oversight and that last ability should be level 73 or else that fourth bonus level is missing.

ShieldBreaker
04-18-2017, 01:07 PM
I think 73 is the limit.

Bonus Levels
Pathology: 30
Alchemy: 25 , 45

that is all of the bonus levels.

Tagamogi
04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Thanks! I'd just assumed the Wiki is out of date. Good to know that isn't the case. And also good to know that I don't need to level fire magic which is where I was guessing my missing level might be hiding. :)

Extractum11
04-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Usually abilities that are above the level cap are marked as "Lint_NotLearnable" in the json, so the bot knows to ignore those. Looks like that last BC ability (Healing Mist 8) doesn't have that, probably an oversight.

If a dev's reading this, here are the other abilities that seem unlearnable but aren't flagged:
Animal Handling - That'll Do 8
Archery - Heavy Multishot 5
Bard - Disharmony 8, Blast of Defiance 7
Druid - Cloud Sight 6, Brambleskin 8, Pulse of Life 5
Giant Bat - Sonic Burst 7
Necromancy - Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 6

FURY
04-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Thanks! I'd just assumed the Wiki is out of date.

A note about this, the tables that are really large(like the Synergy Levels) coincidentally are the most likely things on the Wiki to be updated as a bot is, usually, run after each patch that pulls json game data and updates the table data. (hi Extractum11 :))

Sasho
04-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Usually abilities that are above the level cap are marked as "Lint_NotLearnable" in the json, so the bot knows to ignore those. Looks like that last BC ability (Healing Mist 8) doesn't have that, probably an oversight.

If a dev's reading this, here are the other abilities that seem unlearnable but aren't flagged:
Animal Handling - That'll Do 8
Archery - Heavy Multishot 5
Bard - Disharmony 8, Blast of Defiance 7
Druid - Cloud Sight 6, Brambleskin 8, Pulse of Life 5
Giant Bat - Sonic Burst 7
Necromancy - Raise Skeletal Battle Mage 6

I don't know all of them, but Cheesemaking is another that's missing. Right now it caps at 62 with 2 levels coming from Cow bonuses (I think level 19 and 41). But there are cheese recipes up to level 74 or something like that.

Citan
04-22-2017, 05:52 AM
Thanks! I'll fix these for the next update and I've improved my tools to detect this scenario in the future, so that if an ability is available from a trainer in the game, it will always be possible to obtain the level requirement for it.