PDA

View Full Version : The In Game Cursor

ANT3RA
04-17-2017, 01:19 AM
Citan,

I am unsure if this is possible with Unity or the tech being used to make PG. I am just curious if this is on the cards.

Are you going to put an inbuilt cursor in the game. Maybe replace the image of the default windows one to suit most if not all of the environments (maps) in the game. Maybe a gauntlet that grabs when hovering over an item or simply a bone hand etc. I am unsure what is and what isn't possible. You could even give us the option to change its size.

As an example...I keep losing my cursor in Kur (read: it blends into the environment). It takes a while to find it sometimes. I use shortcuts by way of gaming keypad and mouse for most things, but some things require the cursor, like inventory management.

Kur is a white wash during some times of the day and the blizzard doesn't help much. I love the area and frequent it a lot. I try and stay away during the brightest time of the day though as a result.

Windows only allows you to change size x3 and from black to white to inverted. This is not very helpful. I am currently using Extra Large Black (Giggity!) and it does the job for now.

I play on a 6x23" monitor stack. If I'm the only person with a cursor issue I apologise.

Thanks for your time mate. I know you have a lot on your plate.

Cheers.

Crissa
04-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Cursors are just going to get lost sometimes, especially custom ones. In a build like you describe, I'd definitely use the larger cursor - that's what I always did. Might even add trails to it. x-x

Citan
04-22-2017, 05:57 AM
An optional custom cursor is on the to-do list. It's pretty far down the list, but it will happen eventually!