PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions.

MorKazim
01-02-2017, 12:28 AM
Hello and happy New Year.
May the New Year find you all well, healthy and with as much money as you wish.
I would like to add some suggestions for this great game. Just some thoughts… some are very minor some are not… it is some ideas I have while playing the game.
For the note. I like the game, it is great. I have supported it and really hope that the developers will continue the good work.

1. When you saw logs. You have the correct animation. But. Remove the item saw. Add the item Axe. Use the axe to do the log.

2. Add pickaxes to do the digging of mining, treasure hunting and all digging activities.

3. All the players like to have titles. All the skills have levels (1-60) ad some titles that represent a level range. Lvl 1-10 sword : novice swords man, 11-20: apprentice …Make this title (if the player likes it) to be public.

4. All the crafting gathering skills are now almost instant. It takes almost no time for someone to pick something from the ground or make an item. This is not a good thing for the economy as there is no specialization. For instance (what I have thought) If the skill gathering* it took time (let’s say untrained, lvl 0,1 : 1min) very few players would do it, but those who did it would gain bonuses (let’s say at higher levels less time). Also this could make the resources that were gathered to have markup as less players would do it and the request would be higher.
Do this for the crafting too.
Also remove the cap level requirement to pick them up. If your skill is not sufficient you ruin the item.

5. Out there, in the net, exist a new type of literature, LitRPG. They have TONS of ideas. Read them.

6. You have now treasure hunting. It is not good. You just walk there and pick up the loot. Change this. You use the treasure hunting skill to find the target and there spawn an instance dungeon (small, mid, large… whatever).

7. Add durability to the items. Items could be repaired depending on the item level (color) from an appropriate level craftsman (a legendary item repaired from a master crafter for instance). This would give work to the crafters.

8. Add more special magical items. The current magic items are strong but they are not special. Add an invisibility ring. A flying carpet, items that go outside the normal +mod skills. The current items do not feel magic…

9. Add bags. Magic bags that have inventory space.

10. Pet Changes. Necromancer changes. Remove the 3 pets the necro has. Allow only 1 pet that you have to level up from the start. If it dies then you start up from the beginning. Graft organs in / on pet to make it more powerful. Change the necro pet something like what Dr Frankenstein would make. And if it dies all from the beginning.
(The same could be for the animals too. I mean the 1 pet that levels up and if it dies you have to start from the beginning.)

11. Secret unique quests. Quests that are generated when something unknown to players happens. For instance a necromancer casts (by mistake) a corpse talk to an attacking skeleton. The skeleton stops attacking and offering a unique quest. Quests that cannot be repeated. (this is coming from my experience with the LitRpg from above)

12. I have more but I don’t currently remember. Ill add more in the future.

Thank you for your time.

ShieldBreaker
01-02-2017, 02:03 AM
Be sure to also submit your ideas in the game using the suggestion form as well. Click the exclamation point on the right hand side of the screen and choose the suggestion radio button. This will get it added to the suggestion database.

On axes and pickaxes, I think these are things planned for dwarfs. Axes will be primarily a weapon, but a tool version or it acting as weapon and tool makes sense. The NPCs talk about enchanting tools, so who knows where that will lead. Think it is drastic to remove the saw or shovel, why not have both the current and new items.

On point 4, all crafting isn't instant. A good portion is, but not all. Cheesemaking has things that have to age a real world hour to harvest. Carding cotton can take a long time without a cotton gin, and still takes time with one. And Leatherworking, toolcrafting. tailoring, blacksmithing, don't complete instantly for most items. On gathering, everyone basically needs to forage, for supplies or quest items so don't think you want or can put people off doing it. I don't know how robust the economy has to be in game, the more active the better know doubt.

Treasure Hunting, I like the idea if it is added on top of the current system. I like just going and getting the loot, if every so often I had to go on a mini dungeon to get the loot that would be cool.

Durability exists in a kind of form already in game and in the case of transmutation durability damage can be repaired as well. Armor Smithing is planned for the game and currently Armor Smithing items are lumped under blacksmithing for alpha purposes. Need to see Armor Smithing first before you introduce that kind of repair system if it isn't already planned in Armor Smithing. Almost think maybe that is something that should be split between Hardcore and Regular Mode. If you play Hardcore you end up needing repair on armor, maybe if you can't get back to grave, maybe all the time. That way people can opt out of everything wearing out all the time but a class of players would need the repair services.

Bags are planned http://www.projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/developer-info-round-up
"There will be more inventory pack space.

... and more convenient ways to organize your items into bags."

cr00cy
01-02-2017, 04:49 AM
1)Like Shield Breaker said, axes are planne das weapons, so we might get them as tools too.

3)Agree about titles - thwy would be nice, but maybe later on - there are mor eimportant things to do right now.

4)I disagree. Big point of this gaem is taht you can do (almost) eevrythign on oen character. Restrcitign gathering and/or crafting would be abd idea, since tehre are people who like to do it as side-activity. And tehre are planned specilizations for many proffesions (combta ones too iirc), plus leveling all gathering/craftign prosfesions to max lv will take a lot of time (remeber, current lv 60 is half of what is planned)

6)I like current treasure hunting. Your idea coudl be added on top of it. Bu then it would be very hard to do - i mena spawning dungeons for every player who happens to do it? I dont see it in this game. But maye something like finding key to open existign dungeon(or parts of it that are normaly locked) would be better.

7)I disagree. Well mayeb as option for hardcore game mode, but not for everyone. I personaly really dislike durability system - i dont think it brings anything worthwile to game.

8) Woudl be nice to ahve stuff liek thta - uniqe items that do not have mods, but rather special effects that enable/enchance some specyfic builds. Example - amulet taht prevents you form wearign chest and head slot items, but woudl grant + 300 hp and armor and boost your direct damge they lower your hp is.

9)BAgs are planned too. Maybe not literaly as bags, but i recall citan sayign soemthigna bout ahvign several tabs in invetory (like separate for mats, equipent, etc)

10) And yet again i disagree. Its too easy to die in this game, so having to train your pet for begging if it dies would be too punishign - especialy for skills taht revolves around pets. Unless leveling/strenghtenign process woudl be realy fast - but then tehre woudl be no point in implementignthis anyway.

Also i disgagree with removing muliplr pets form necromancy. makign one big, strong monster sound like nice idea, but as alternative for current system, not replacment. Animal handlign alredy focuses on havign one, strong pet, and as building one - well BC will lose its golem that will be added to soem other skill - pheraps implementign this idea there would be better.

Now that i think about it it woudl be REALLY cool. Liek give us option to find/craft specyfic parts of golem and then build one from them.

MorKazim
01-02-2017, 11:23 PM
thank you for the replies...

New Suggestion.
17. In history the bartering was the most basic & lowest form of trading. As it is now in PG, I find it strange and unnecessary. One of the best bartering system that I have played was Fallouts. Exchange wanted items and then if any, money… (just a thought)

MorKazim
01-02-2017, 11:39 PM
New Suggestion.
18. the food system is good but very confusing. what food combines with what. there should be some sort of Tag on the food description that can help as to know what foods you can use together ...

Crissa
01-03-2017, 12:37 AM
I do like the idea of greater skill making the time to finish a gathering action faster.

That way I could gather oak without having to be stunned by the mantises, which are just annoyances now, not actual threats at my level.

At the same time, gathering high-level items could have their start level lowered - but it'd be more dangerous to pick them if you were out of your level area. Which would be kinda awesome, if awkward ^-^

ShieldBreaker
01-03-2017, 01:31 AM
On #17 (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17)
Like the idea of a barter system, maybe as some new form of gadget vendor or part of the existing shop system. The ground work for the system are already in the game. I'd put all the gem types I don't use up for the ones that I do use.