PDA

View Full Version : Race affects?

KiTA
01-01-2017, 05:09 PM
So, here's a silly question that I haven't had an opportunity to ask anywhere, and strangely doesn't appear anywhere on the wiki, forums, etc.

Does race have any effects in game other than cosmetic? Or is it purely a lore choice?

ShieldBreaker
01-01-2017, 06:33 PM
The main things I have seen race change are the following:

1) What jewelry you can use. Humans can use earrings, Elves navel rings, Rakshasa Tail Rings.

2) Bonus Effect. Humans have a social bonus, loneliness gives negative bonus. Elves have clean bonus. Rakshasa have a moral bonus.

3) NPCs that are human will comfort lonely human players. Not sure what happens between other races.

Then there might be other less noticeable things like maybe a few hangouts or quest not available if not matching race. But these are all minor things and can't point to any proven examples. Also I wonder if Rakshasa need visitor pass in Rahu.

Future races will have different starting skills, and hopefully orcs have high cold tolerance.

For the most part haven't notice any big impact from your starting race yet.

KiTA
01-01-2017, 07:20 PM
What does this Bonus effect, er, affect? And, any idea what the Fae get for Jewelry slot et all?

ShieldBreaker
01-01-2017, 09:56 PM
The bonus is +1% experience gained when positive and -1% experience gained when negative. So it really doesn't have a big impact on game play any which way.

Winter Court and Summer Court Armour also sometimes have treasure effects that increase or decease the effects of loneliness and peacefulness in the races influenced by those items. Elves can also boost there cleanliness bonus with a set of special flower arrangements.

No idea what will be the racial slot (i.e. jewelry) item for any new race.

cr00cy
01-02-2017, 04:53 AM
Also there are plans to give optiosn to strenghten this effects. You will get options to ahve stronger(and possibly more) bonuses, but at the same time stronger penatlies.

"Advenced" races (fae, orcs, and dwarves) woudl have inherently strongerr effects on they racials - both positive and negative.

Crissa
01-03-2017, 12:29 AM
Humans using +hygiene items are more liked by elves, so race affects that, too. Otherwise they whine about you being dirty all the time.

And I don't think the racial items are finished right now. As far as I know, any race can other any other race's.