PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the PC launcher

Aruz
04-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Hi there,

Old AC1 player just who just found Project Gorgon so just played a little and this is my first bug posting, so apologies for any mistakes :confused:

I'm having a problem with the PC launcher. I was having problems with the game freezing and crashing so following the post with trouble shootings tips decided to uninstall the game and re download. However I ran into problems.

Problems no.1
Clicking the Uninstall button in options in the launcher didn't delete the ProjectGorgon folder in AppData/Local.
I deleted it manually and also deleted the launcher (didn't know if that was neccesary but anyway).
Then re downloaded the launcher and ran it, which leads to next problem.

Problem no.2
Running the launcher doesn't download the game files, it seemed to think that the folder was still there and showed the play button almost directly.
Clicking Play, gave an error which I unfortunately didn't think to write down (silly I know, will do better next time) but it was something about the path and isolated storage.
Tried restarting the machine a couple times and re-downloading the launcher but didn't make any difference.
I have now managed to trigger the download though through clicking "validate install"...

Hope this helps.
Cheers