PDA

View Full Version : Is Hymn of Resurrection in game?

Niph
04-02-2017, 03:56 PM
The bard skill has a level 50 ability, called "Hymn of Resurrection", that can bring back to life everyone around the bard if he/she was singing something the instant of their death. This ability is not trained like others. Instead there seem to be a loot mod found on main hand items with the following label: "Your Bard Songs cost -20% Power. In addition, you can use the ability Hymn of Resurrection. (Equipping this item will teach you the ability if needed.)"
So, the idea seems to be that you must have a lute with this mod equipped, and play a song, for the ability to work.

Since we got Azurite (the gem associated to bard skill) in game, I've crafted several combat staves with Azurite and Bloodstone:
. 6 quality
. 7 great
. 18 amazing

The total of bard mods obtained was above 50. Yet, none of them are the one I'm looking for. I've also looted two level 50 lutes and transmuted mods on them, again I could not obtain this mod. Finally, I've repeatedly asked people if they got the ability, so far nobody has confirmed. So, I'm starting to think that it is in fact currently unobtainable.

Perhaps it can only appear on some specific item, like a special lute from a boss. But it occured to me that this mod also has "Your Bard Songs cost -20% Power" in it. So it *should* be available on combat staves, for people playing staff/bard (for instance) and just wanting the power mod and not the resurrection feature. This more and more looks like a bug, or something is not implemented yet.

If anyone managed to get Hymn of Resurrection, it would be nice if you could post how you got it.

Niph
04-25-2017, 01:46 AM
Quick update on this: someone looted a Doomlute on second floor of Gazluk Keep, and after transmutation obtained the mod (and the ability).

Citan
04-25-2017, 03:49 AM
Yeah, it's in. But it's only useful for bards using a lute, so it only shows up on lutes. I mean, why would a non-lute bard want a mod that makes their lute songs cheaper? That's all it does, besides the Hymn.