PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Guild Progression.

cratoh
04-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Hi there,

I just thought I would open the topic of guild progression and the problems that lie within the current system.

1. All members get credits, and guild credits if they log on within the life of the quest. Why? Make 50 alts, log them in, collect guild credits, buy loot bags, get rich.

2. There is a total imbalance between guild size, and amount of reward gained for doing quests. In the long run this will discourage small guilds as why be in a small slowly progressing guild when you can join a large guild and get all the benefits associated with a high level guild so much faster?

Do something to ameliorate the situation for example - make the reward for completing a quest scale per how many people were involved in doing the event. Something like - guild quest 1 reward 500 exp with 10 people and takes 1 week, or 250 exp with 25 peopel and takes 3 days. Currently people are encouraged, and rewarded for joining mega guilds to get the largest amount of guild credits possible.

This is bad for the genre as one of the things that makes MMOs fun is variance, and choice. For a competitive player the current system makes choice irrelevant as bigger equals more cash, more credits and more guild rewards.

3. Add more ways of building guild levels. shamelessly cope other games, as it works by awarding guld level exp for killing bosses, or for collecting specific items etc

I'm sure there are more thoughts on the matter.

Niph
04-01-2017, 03:44 PM
1. Right now, it's free because we're in alpha, but after release you'd have to pay for these alts.

2. Guilds are limited in size, so in practice people won't be able to join a large guild as they wish, they'll have to start new small guilds, and grow them.