PDA

View Full Version : Camera viewing angle resetting.

Arindor
03-27-2017, 08:41 AM
I've been having an issue since last update. It does not seem to be getting much attention, but is very annoying - to me at least.

You can use the click/drag the right-mouse button to change viewing angle (in third-person view). For example: if you're running down hill, you can "tilt" the view so that the camera is higher above your avatar. When doing this you will notice that the mouse pointer is centered on your avatar. The problem is that if you move the mouse pointer (say to click on a target) and then subsequently try to turn using the right-mouse button, the viewing angle suddenly jumps to a different viewing angle (and the mouse pointer is warped back to your avatar). This sudden/unexpected jump of the viewing angle has caused me to use only keyboard turning so that the view is suddenly not in the ground or in the ceiling unexpectedly in a dangerous situation. This is a passable workaround out in the open, but borderline unplayable in certain tough dungeons - like Kur Tower.

Hopefully this issue will get some attention soon. I would also appreciate hearing about any alternative workarounds others have found.

Khaylara
03-27-2017, 09:54 AM
I have the same problem, I reported it ingame as a bug, as you said it only started happening since the last update. It is quite disruptive, hope it can be fixed w/o much trouble.

Arindor
03-27-2017, 10:06 AM
I have the same problem, I reported it ingame as a bug, as you said it only started happening since the last update. It is quite disruptive, hope it can be fixed w/o much trouble.

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I also reported it in-game. However, I think my description above may be a bit more detailed than I provided in-game. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one hoping this one gets fixed soon!

Khaylara
03-27-2017, 10:10 AM
No, everyone is experiencing this afaik. When the angle isn't resetting, turning the camera causes fps drops and choppy movement. True, I didn't report it that detailed ingame either so your post here is more helpful 4 the devs I think.