PDA

View Full Version : Update Discussion: March 25, 2017

srand
03-25-2017, 08:35 AM
The notes for this update are available in the game launcher or here on the forums: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?357-Update-Notes-March-25-2017

Remember to submit bugs through the in-game bug report - yes, even if you post 'em here, we still need an in-game bug report. :) And you might want to note the TESTING NOTES section at the end of the update notes for some things we'd especially like you to watch out for this update.

Crissa
03-25-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm eager to try the new loot methods. I hope the spawning alteration works, so you can add it to other dungeons. Being squashed in spawns is probably the most boring thing about combat. Oh, hey! New to kill! ...I'd like to find a corner to go peeeeee...

SassySusie
03-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Here is a bit of feedback from me on a couple of things.

First of all Bard. I had it instantly when the game came back up, power leveled it up a bit and do love it, but I cant use it as lycan so therefore I will not be using it. A drawback I see from it is that you cant move while playing the music, for the health buffs etc. But I cant wait to run with someone who does use it and knows what they are doing.

Second I would like to address the new loot system:

I am one that personally makes a daily run through the crypts amongst other places looking for poetry books and gathering items to make prisms with. Today on my run I was at Khyrulek, doing my normal routine, go in and mez Khyrulek and kill everything else and then kill Khyrulek when someone leveling up something comes in and hits the boss while I am clearing out the room. Due to the new loot system you can only guess what happened, yep a yellow lock appeared over its head. The player who hit it once ran back outside the door and was waiting for me to kill it. Well I had everything else dead and wished him luck and left. But it was classified as his kill already and he did no damage.

2nd instance was the druid event in south serbule right after the update. I happened to see a couple of players jumping on top of the water doing AOE spells and hitting everything locking everyone else out, hardly scratching the health. It looked to be on purpose, so I had done my part and left the area. This may have worked in other games but this is day one and I am already seeing problems with it.

Just some of my thoughts and what I have seen thus far. Before I start turning players in though for abusing the loot system I like to talk to them and inform them this is what they are doing. If I get a smart ass reply or a basic kiss my ass response then I will bother the Devs with it. But they really do have enough to deal with.

Respect is all it takes sometimes. I think this loot system can work well if people would show a bit of respect and courtesy.

Khaylara
03-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Khyrulek doesn't curse. And sorry but imho you did the wrong thing, the person was probably lower level, newbie and unaware of the new mechanic. I would've killed the boss even w/o loot but that's just me. Imho offer help then educate them on what they did wrong, they probably only wanted to help.

On the update-I'm mad leveling bard atm, I love it for now but I'll get it to max level before I offer more feedback. Something I've noticed though-I get pieces of gear drops that have bard level requirements. All the specific weapons I get as drops though have only "Bard level 1" req, no matter the stats. The lutes and the horns that is.

Nyrul
03-25-2017, 02:51 PM
So, no serbule graphics update? I thought it was mentioned that it was going to happen in the next update

SassySusie
03-25-2017, 02:55 PM
I would of offered the help if it were not for the running in and hitting once and then running out and hiding around the corner without saying anything at all to me

drivendawn
03-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Bard is very fun so far and I like it's set up as it has buffs, debuffs, and CC moves. I will comment more on the gear skill augments as I have not delved into that enough to give good feed back. As for the loot rules and party size part of the update: I think they are both great moves and will make grouping more common and provide more challenge so things aren't just steamrolled (Not to mention IMO a much needed time sink). Even if some party beats you to a claim it's what a 15 min. respawn and there are tons of mobs in the druid events so join a group and its no problem. :) Although, if someone gets the claim on a boss and dies it should no longer be locked so others can get the claim.

Khaylara
03-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Few more things related rather to the Unity update included in this patch

-Serbule has massive fps drops, turning the camera is very difficult
-some portals/exits are very hard to target
-sound glitches (mobs dying noises well after they died)
-the movement is generally more jerky, less smooth

Lendari
03-26-2017, 12:14 AM
I see the hook shot's "ninja pull" mechanics were changed. As a level 60 archer I can say that I approve of this. That skill felt pretty overpowered the way it allowed people to safely solo content designed for groups.

Khaylara
03-29-2017, 01:38 PM
I leveled bard as fast as I was able to so I can give some feedback. I don't rage very often if not at all but yesterday when i logged off I was 58 and a half and the bard unlock skill to 70 was 18 k. Today I pushed to finish it and BAM it's 90 k!! I'm sorry to say but pretty disappointing that the camera rotates with 360 no matter what you do, there are very annoying bugs in place, mobs wake up after they die, but we hotfix...the price for the newest skill?! Since it was probably a mistake to start with (I actually thought it was intentional to encourage us to test it) it should've been left as it was non ninja changed with the hotfix, it's simply creating an unfair disadvantage/advantage. Quite annoyed i wasted days to level bard and can't afford to max it now. I could make 90 k fairly fast but I won't bother simply because I was leveling it as a test in order to offer my feedback on it, not sure I'd play it for my own enjoyment.

PS- the range of the horn blasts is way too high, mobs aggro from a mile away due to me using the basic attack even. That's all I can offer since I won't be going to GK as bard capped at 60. I intended to max it and test with lute+horn as psychology/bard but I can't be stuffed farming for a week to unlock both, then buy skills at 15 k a pop just to test, since I'm very sure I wouldn't have much fun playing full support:)

takatoka
03-29-2017, 01:55 PM
the hookshot change and the loot changes amount to making the higher level game forced group only.. i prefer choice,, i group extensively with guildies, but i still want a choice,, forcing it gets my downvote

Aedorn
03-29-2017, 03:39 PM
the hookshot change and the loot changes amount to making the higher level game forced group only.. i prefer choice,, i group extensively with guildies, but i still want a choice,, forcing it gets my downvote

That's false. You are still not forced to group, even at a higher level. Hook shot/grappling web were not and the only way to pull a single target from a pack, and that still remains true.

Yaksnot
03-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I like to talk to them and inform them this is what they are doing. If I get a smart ass reply or a basic kiss my ass response then I will bother the Devs with it. But they really do have enough to deal with.

Respect is all it takes sometimes. I think this loot system can work well if people would show a bit of respect and courtesy.

Its been my experience when players are doing what you described they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Yaksnot
03-29-2017, 04:14 PM
That's false. You are still not forced to group, even at a higher level. Hook shot/grappling web were not and the only way to pull a single target from a pack, and that still remains true.

I solo all the time in Gaz....

Crissa
03-29-2017, 05:12 PM
I would of offered the help if it were not for the running in and hitting once and then running out and hiding around the corner without saying anything at all to meI was wondering... Maybe they were expecting to pull him out of the other mobs?

alleryn
03-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Today on my run I was at Khyrulek, doing my normal routine, go in and mez Khyrulek and kill everything else and then kill Khyrulek when someone leveling up something comes in and hits the boss while I am clearing out the room. Due to the new loot system you can only guess what happened, yep a yellow lock appeared over its head. The player who hit it once ran back outside the door and was waiting for me to kill it. Well I had everything else dead and wished him luck and left. But it was classified as his kill already and he did no damage.
In this case, it would seem a simple fix would be to make mesmerize loot lock the target. I find it a bit strange that it doesn't -- perhaps this was an oversight?

BobLocke
03-30-2017, 11:52 AM

As someone who doesn't "do" guilds, these changes are making me less inclined to play. I don't think I've seen any public dungeon groups forming in chat since the update due to the reduced group size, and solo is a slog for anyone who isn't rolling with min-maxed gear/skills.

There's no incentive to form small casual groups outside of group dungeons. If you are successfully soloing, the only thing you get out of forming a group is less EXP and loot.

So all this did was make both situations worse for casual/new players.

Tagamogi
03-30-2017, 01:25 PM
... and solo is a slog for anyone who isn't rolling with min-maxed gear/skills.

I'd disagree with that part. I've never bothered much with my gear ( don't think I've done a single transmute yet, or applied an aug), and I'm having great fun soloing.

Hm, I might as well use this opportunity to give some feedback on a months-old patch: The Gazluk caves are fuuuun. I spent a few hours recently trying to get the No-Name cave mapped out and had a great time. I like that the caves in Gazluk seem to have different difficulty levels and that the No-Name cave was quite a step up from the wolf/barghest cave. The main reason I haven't been spending more time in those caves is that they are pretty out of the way and that I don't always feel like dealing with my inventory afterwards, but actually running them is a very fun experience.

Ok, you can go back to talking about the March 25 update and grouping now. :)

takatoka
03-31-2017, 05:58 PM
what are the other ways to pull a single target from a pack?

ShieldBreaker
03-31-2017, 07:09 PM
what are the other ways to pull a single target from a pack?

My guess is they were referring to just getting into detection range of 1 mob and then luring it further away by running once they are chasing you. A risky and sometime nearly impossible to execute method.