PDA

View Full Version : March 25th looting changes

xerandus
03-25-2017, 06:18 AM
How are the looting changes for Elite monsters, which are locked on the first group that attacks the mob, going to impact Druid events? Those events typically have a large number of people not in groups, and even if they were to group up that is now limited to 6 people in the group.

pete4613
03-25-2017, 07:00 AM
I really dislike this change. Not only in druid event, but when running lower level dungeons where highlevels just rush. Normally you would be glad because that means free loot, in which this game evolves about when talking combat n stuff, but now its just... Meh, group lets wait 10 minutes for boss to respawn - Something along those lines.

Tsugumori
03-25-2017, 07:01 AM
I believe it was said that it was aimed towards small groups of druids forming and spreading out, moving around the map where the event is taking place as opposed to swarming like ants to steam roll everything.

The last part being my words more or less...

shardelay
03-25-2017, 11:03 AM
This will make druid events more tiresome for sure - and that should probably be addressed (i'd guess by maybe reducing the quantity of mobs in the druid events?).

But, before this change (and even somewhat after) groups were mostly pointless. We all just cluster and sprint through a dungeon. It's lots of folks soloing at the same time against the same monster. Reduced group sizes and changed looting rules force us to actually actively group and work together a little bit more. The lack of distinct roles still means we all sort of DPS at the same time, but at least we are now obliged to do that in groups. And, with an MMO, interaction (This means groups) is a selling point no?

That said - I think first touch is a problem - better perhaps to be most damage? First touch can create griefing. Most damage can generate kill stealing, but 'd rather someone KS'd than hit a mob once and hid leaving it locked. How long does the lock last?