PDA

View Full Version : Armor crafting, augmenting and legacy

Khaylara
03-16-2017, 04:15 PM
First I wanna say I'm very happy with so many options for crafting max level gear. However, I have few problems with the craft process and I'm sure it's a shared concern. I'll just make a list of things that need some tlc in my opinion at least:

-augmentation cap level atm is 50, the level we are and the armors/drops we craft/get are level 70. We fail like mad in extraction, could we please have the level cap for augmenting raised to at least 60

-rerolling mods into generic mods in order to isolate the one we're after. We haven't been able to do that in months, since last october iirc, we really need that feature back

-rerolling mods seems bugged atm. Maybe it's just my bad luck so any other feedback is welcome. I seem to circle between the same 2-3 mods more often than not. This part is particularly annoying because we have to wait a week for a repair. I heard few others saying the same thing, they get the same 2-3 mods over and over. As a result the pieces I really need are sitting nicely in storage because as soon as i repair and try again I end up with the same mods I don't want and with a few k phlogiston less. We need to be able to repair the 0 durability pieces more often, maybe at the cost of more prisms but more often than a week.

-crafting results. This happened before with staves and few other crafted pieces. Today I crafted very little, attempting to get my last yellow piece of max enchanted amazing winter gear. I crafted 4 helms using quartz+blue spinel (fire+staff gems). All 4 helms had the wrong skills on them, a green, a blue, a purple and a yellow. They all had fire but one had fire+necro, one fire+shield etc, no fire+staff at all. The purple and the yellow were also both legacied. So the normal move was to exchange them at the golem since they had 3 respectively 4 different skillsets on them. I got them back but not max enchanted (each of them lost a mod). I understand that's a known bug but it's disheartening, I've been trying for a while to get that last piece and when I finally do (after many vervadium and crystal runs) the result is no better than the max enchant purple i'm wearing now.
Not ranting but 2 bugs in a row for the same piece of gear, it needs fixing.

The random skillsets I got on some of my crafts seems to be a general thing. Not on crafts only but also on drops. After GK update we are getting way too many drops with random skillsets that we don't use. something is wrong with that part, the gems we use in crafting+our active skillsets should determine the majority of the crafts/drops (not all but the majority). That's not the case anymore. I don't know why but I'm sure there's a technical explanation somewhere:)

edit-i reported / suggested most of these things ingame too but I figured it's better to put them together here

poulter
03-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Augmentation cap:
I view this as a priority. I am still using level 60 gear on some skill builds because of this

Generic mods:
Much missed functionality, but lived without it for so long, that it is now a nice to have - apart from the generic to randomise skill function. I really miss that

Mod re-rolling:
Similar experience to Khaylara. I used 1200+ phlog recently and ended up leaving most of the items in the bank waiting for the cool down.

Crafting results:
Been putting my results down to RNG - used > 70 vervadium on making max. items, without 1 gold appearing, but that's life /randomness I suspect. Nothing to see, move on

Random skill sets on drops:
I have mentioned this before - it feels too prevalent and I often phlog 12+ gold items /week that are single skill (especially shields)

Obtaining prisms from level 70 items: Reported as a bug
I seem unable to generate prisms from level 70 gear, even on gold items.
From memory, I have seen prisms from a gold level 70 item only once and never from pinks, etc. Yet, I use a level 60 or less item and I have no issue

Khaylara
03-17-2017, 04:16 PM
"Crafting results:
Been putting my results down to RNG - used > 70 vervadium on making max. items, without 1 gold appearing, but that's life /randomness I suspect. Nothing to see, move on"

That too lol. Bad luck with procs in general but the crafts i mentioned were really unusual (not to mention two were straight legacy). That's the first bug. The second is handing these legacy max enchanted pieces to the golem and getting regular ones (1 less mod)

Yaksnot
03-17-2017, 08:23 PM
+1 to this whole topic

Khaylara
03-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Any official input on this please? I'm still crying over that helm. I know it's alpha but it's days and days of collecting vervadium that got wasted on a bug and it's sorta disheartening. The augmenting questions are sort of gamebreaking since it's a feature we can hardly use on level 70 gear.

Khaylara
03-31-2017, 09:59 AM
Update: after about 80-100 vervadium I manage to get another yellow max enchant lvl 70 winter helm. What happened after:

1. Rerolled the same mod over and over, circled between the same 3 mods again. Repaired, tried again, used up more phlogiston, same result I started with. I'm going to have to wait a week before further attempts.
2. Augmenting it- I decided to augment with a fire bolts mod. I attempted first to extract it out of my blue crafts. Without fail i ended up extracting another augment (fire % damage since I couldn't turn that one generic to isolate the fire bolts mod). I then proceeded to reroll some of the crafts to get that fire bolts mod on them. Also went to GK, got another helm with the wanted mod on it. Fail, fail, fail "The item is too complex for your skill level" (meaning the helms are 70 and my augmenting is capped at 50 still).

That's a lot of gems, quite a lot of helms decomposed for beads, a loooot of phlogiston, some cash and no result...well, a negative result because my item is now at 0% durability. Oh, I also got 3 augments that I did not want. I understand that the proc is governed by rng (yes, I'm not very lucky with proc-ing crafts but I accept that explanation)
. The rest is not supposed to be subject to rng though, why cap the augmenting skill level at 50 when everything else was raised at 60 or 70. And if I accept that's not happening yet, I'm stuck at 50 and because of that I fail in 90 % of the extractions, why not at least allow us to transmute skill mods into generic mods so at least we don't extract the wrong mod. As it is now it's a double chance to fail, pretty much a chance of about 5% of success based on my experience only. So I fail on a 70 item about 90 % of the time and when I don't fail there's a 50-50 chance to extract the wrong mod.
I mean it's too much fail for a crafter who is max level in both augmenting and transmuting.

cr00cy
03-31-2017, 12:01 PM
I do not craft too much recently (focusing more on leveling diffrent skills atm) but tbh i didnt noticed too many wrong skills on crafting.

Hoever i do noticed that quite often crafted item ended up legacy, because they had mods for more than 2 skills (tough it happened mostly when i used redwall as secondary gem).

About rerolling mods - yet again i didnt do it much recently, especialy after GK update, but i dont thnk i noticed it rolling the same mods too much. Not more than it used to anyway. Yeh it happened to me few times, but i would say its rather bad luck (as usual for me when RNG is involed) than some bug. Then again, i didnt transmute that much (only like 1-2 mods for 5 or so items).

About losing max-enchantign after exchanging gear - this is actualy not a bug. Im pretty sure golem says that you will get normal version of item. And beside one of devs ( i think srand) said its intended when golem was introduced.

And yes i think that agumentation shoudl get lv cap increase asap.

alleryn
03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
I don't see why an augmentation level cap increase should be a priority. Isn't it already a problem that people have loot that outscales content, making feedback less useful?

Khaylara
03-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Because at level 70 combat skills, level 70 crafting skills it would be very useful to actually be able to craft the highest, best gear in game and see how that actually looks like in terms of testing. Why would feedback be less valuable if I was able to make the best armor in the game according to my skills (which I wasn't just given btw I leveled those through hard work). In terms of effort versus reward I feel it's unrewarding to level transmutation and augmentation since the first doesn't seem to work as intended and augmentation is useless past level 60.
I wasn't talking about loot (except pointing out a bug) I am talking about crafting skills. I am aware that some people prefer not to touch crafts and just do combat but crafting is a major part of the game. Why is it a priority to raise all combat skills to 70 but not a craft skill that's directly involved in gear crafting?

alleryn
03-31-2017, 07:17 PM
Because at level 70 combat skills, level 70 crafting skills it would be very useful to actually be able to craft the highest, best gear in game and see how that actually looks like in terms of testing. Why would feedback be less valuable if I was able to make the best armor in the game according to my skills (which I wasn't just given btw I leveled those through hard work). In terms of effort versus reward I feel it's unrewarding to level transmutation and augmentation since the first doesn't seem to work as intended and augmentation is useless past level 60.
I wasn't talking about loot (except pointing out a bug) I am talking about crafting skills. I am aware that some people prefer not to touch crafts and just do combat but crafting is a major part of the game. Why is it a priority to raise all combat skills to 70 but not a craft skill that's directly involved in gear crafting?

I think Citan has said more than once that dungeons are intended to be balanced around pink gear (or maybe blue?). Since the highest level dungeon is level 70, top quality level 70 gear already outpaces that, so the content isn't in place where that gear is the most useful for testing purposes. I'm going on memory though; i might be wrong.

I suppose testing T&A themselves is not entirely un-useful, but i'd imagine balancing combat content needs a lot more data, relatively speaking.

Khaylara
03-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Right now I am wearing the top tier 70 gear and I don't feel it outpaces GK. Due to the augmenting problem the gear is missing a couple of mods still so I can't call it top quality just yet I suppose. But I don't think it's effectively above GK atm.

alleryn
03-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Right now I am wearing the top tier 70 gear and I don't feel it outpaces GK. Due to the augmenting problem the gear is missing a couple of mods still so I can't call it top quality just yet I suppose. But I don't think it's effectively above GK atm.

By my understanding that means that GK is currently too hard.

Khaylara
04-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Nah it means i'm not OP while wearing the top tier gear so I don't think i'm effectively 20 levels above the dungeon, i certainly can't duo/trio Gaz Keep. Six people in similar gear (crafted or orc yellow sets) seems just right to me at least, elites feel a bit too easy and bosses a bit too hard. If it's meant for a group of 6 in average blues or pinks yes, it might be too hard. I don't really understand why we'd wear blues when we can craft/drop better items though.

Which brings me back to my point *cough cough* augmentation skills and generic mods transmutation

Eachna
04-07-2017, 10:52 PM
If it's meant for a group of 6 in average blues or pinks yes, it might be too hard. I don't really understand why we'd wear blues when we can craft/drop better items though.

Because in theory yellows will be so rare we'll settle for lesser gear. I don't see that happening with the way gear works right now but who knows what Citan has up his sleeve.

Dragone
04-08-2017, 09:00 AM
If augmentation is lv 50 and you're using a lv 70 item you know the risk involved in it maybe this is one aspect of the game they haven't got around to update yet, or maybe it is supposed to be this way. Wishing you all the best in achieving something good out of your hard work!

Khaylara
04-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Thank you:) I'm okay with my gear (It's going to be legacied or wiped or outleveled anyway) I'm just a bit taken back when it comes to the part where yellows are supposed to be uber rare. The crafted ones are sooooo rare and the dropped ones are mostly unusable (either single skill+generic mods either with odd skills on them).

It's not really about my issues crafting, I man up and do more vervadium runs etc but I'm not sure if any of these problems I pointed out are intentional and here to stay or they are bugs or omissions. I reported them but no idea if they're even meant to be reported.

Eachna
04-08-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm just a bit taken back when it comes to the part where yellows are supposed to be uber rare. The crafted ones are sooooo rare and the dropped ones are mostly unusable (either single skill+generic mods either with odd skills on them).

I could be wrong or it could have changed. I know I read at least two dev posts that said this, but they were on the old forums.

Khaylara
04-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I recall that too. I'm not sure if they want that for data collection on the average gear or for some other reason. Maybe you're right and the higher rarity items will become extremely rare. I'm okay with that as long as what I get as drops is usable.

Tagamogi
04-18-2017, 02:56 PM
I noticed a weird bug this weekend where some items I'd crafted had the wrong color for their number of modifiers. I had two items with 3 mods that were blue instead of orange, and one item with 5 mods that was purple instead of yellow. So, if you are crafting and having problems getting the gear you want right now, you may want to count the actual number of mods on an item instead of just checking its color... I have no idea whether this bug could affect dropped items too, or crafted items beyond the lvl 70 leatherworking winter hood for bc/knife.

I've filed a bug report, but I just wanted to post this on the forum in case it helps anyone else looking for new gear.

Crissa
04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
I think some items are coded to have one better or one worse than their color would normally indicate...? Did you note which items and levels you had this happen to? (curious)

cr00cy
04-19-2017, 03:05 AM
I noticed a weird bug this weekend where some items I'd crafted had the wrong color for their number of modifiers. I had two items with 3 mods that were blue instead of orange, and one item with 5 mods that was purple instead of yellow. So, if you are crafting and having problems getting the gear you want right now, you may want to count the actual number of mods on an item instead of just checking its color... I have no idea whether this bug could affect dropped items too, or crafted items beyond the lvl 70 leatherworking winter hood for bc/knife.

I've filed a bug report, but I just wanted to post this on the forum in case it helps anyone else looking for new gear.

Hmm... Just to make sure - you wasnt crafting max-enchanted items. right?

I never noticed bug like that (but i dont play a lot lately, not to mention crafting).

Tagamogi
04-19-2017, 10:08 AM
I was crafting level 70 amazing winter hoods. I did 3 max-enchanted and several more plain enchanted. The wrong color showed up for 2 of the regularly enchanted hoods, and 1 hood that was probably, but not definitely, crafted from the max-enchanted recipe. It didn't seem to be tied to any particular mod - all the mods that were on the wrong-colored items also appeared on hoods that had the correct color. I still feel like I must have been miscounting something, but I think I added up all the mods on my fingers about 50 times by now...

I counted the mods on some gear drops I'd gotten Monday, and those looked correct. I also did some decent leatherworking recipes yesterday with a single fluorite used twice, and those all had the correct colors for their mods.

So, it's still a mystery to me. I have some nice leather work orders stacked up - I'll see if I can get the mod behavior to replicate with those tonight.

Crissa - I thought the better or worse effect was for transmutation effects but I could be wrong. I haven't really been paying attention to gear - this weekend was my first stab at making level 70 gear and also my first transmute ever.

Edit: I just did 20 quality leather helm combines for bc/knife and all gear had the correct colors. So, it seems that weird bug only occurs on certain items. I don't have enough spare high level mats right now to test high level gear other than the winter hood, though.

Khaylara
04-20-2017, 05:32 AM
I'm curious about something too-did the items that you crafted have 2 skills on them or were one gem type of items?

Also I now confirmed something I've been unsure of-remember I posted that when you try to transmute a mod it circles between the SAME 2-3 mods? I believe it's coded that way, put in a simplistic way the game sees some mods as being "crap mods" and rerolls only between the "crap mods" (my guess is that's where the difference in face value comes from aswell, can't confirm that though).

So not generic mods but less desirable ones. Say I have a crap mod I don't want, I try to transmute it and I get another mod I don't want. I proceed to rerolling the second one and I get the first one again (and that process is repeated few times so I exclude rng) I hope my description makes sense cause there's no better way to describe it.

What I would like to know though (and probably only Citan can answer that) is if this is intentional or a bug that's eventually going to be fixed? I went through about 1 k of phlogs yesterday just to confirm my initial suspicion, I'd like to know if I'm wasting it on a bugged craft.

Tagamogi
04-20-2017, 08:34 AM
The crafted items with the color bug were 2 skill - knife/battle chemistry. I've not seen the bug when crafting armor of a lower level with the same 2 skills though, just on the amazing winter hood.

The transmute I tried this weekend seemed like it might be cyclical but I didn't try for long enough to confirm. I started out with a head battle chem mod that gave a bonus to knee spikes, transmuted into a lower-level mod that caused one of my bc abilities to reduce the cooldown on a mentalism skill, transmuted back to the original knee spikes, then transmuted into a power restore for healing mist, and decided to leave well enough alone.

It's possible that my second knee spike roll was just the RNG, but since it matches Khaylara's more extensive experiment, it probably wasn't.

Crissa
04-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Mods are designed with some of them not being allowed to exist at the same time on an object.

So yes, you eventually get down to a list of 2-3 'crap' mods which are left to select out of.

I'm not sure which is worse, getting stuck with 2-3 'crap' or 7-8 of which one you want never rolls. The apparent affect is the same x-x

Tagamogi
04-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Mods are designed with some of them not being allowed to exist at the same time on an object.

So yes, you eventually get down to a list of 2-3 'crap' mods which are left to select out of.

Not really. It looks like there are usually 7-9 possible mods per slot per skill, and the most mods for a single skill that you'd ever have on an unaugmented item is 3, so rerolling one of those mods should always give you at least 4 different mods to choose from, usually more.

So, let's say you have a lovely yellow item with 2 mods for skill 1 and 3 mods for skill 2. You decide to reroll mod A for skill 1, while leaving mod B alone. There are 8 total possible mods for skill 1 in this slot: A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H. B should never show up, since it's already on the item.

So, if you kept rerolling the first mod, a random mod sequence might look like: A > C > E > G > A > E > D > F > C > G > H ...

If I follow Khaylara's decription correctly, she is instead seeing: A > C > A > D > A > D > A > C > A > C > A > C > A > D...

That could of course be random, but it seems a bit unlikely. Hm, come to think of, it seems this could be a really nice transmute test for a green item too, since that would have the most mod options available that could pop into the mix if it's really just random assignment.

Khaylara
04-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Yup you got what i'm saying, there are enough mods available. I ve tried with few greens and blues too (intending to extract the mods i was aiming for) it seems to follow the same pattern but I don't think I tried enough to be 100 % sure. I usually reroll till 0 durability then use another item.
Most of my conclusions come from rerolling mods on yellow max enchant and yellow drop type gear from GK.

Crissa
04-20-2017, 10:31 PM
I was under the impression there were mods where you could have A - F, but if you had A, you couldn't have B or C; which means as you get to the third or fifth mod on an item, your pool gets much smaller.

At least that's my experience with kick-related modifiers using transmutation.

Khaylara
04-21-2017, 07:16 AM
Crissa, on dual skill items (i.e. Fire+BC) you don't get the theoretical A-F, you get a max of 4 mods of the same skillset. Even on single skill items the mods are half skill half generic so rerolling 3-4 mods should offer enough pool to choose from. In theory the same mod could be rerolled into -say- 5 different mods excluding the existing ones. But it doesn't, when the pool becomes smaller it keeps rerolling only between A and B (instead of say A and F mods still available). Although I can clearly see there's more mods available for that particular item I get stuck between A n B.

Crissa
04-21-2017, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry, Khay, I don't know what you're talking about. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter how many skills or slots an item has; it just rolls from the set of ability text for that armor slot and skill level. And if an ability exists - it can't be repeated.

What I was also saying is that I've seen some abilities which aren't the 'same' but seem immiscible: For instance, AoE bonuses on unarmed gloves. I can only get one at a time, even though there were more than one available.

Crissa, on dual skill items (i.e. Fire+BC) you don't get the theoretical A-F, you get a max of 4 mods of the same skillset. Even on single skill items the mods are half skill half generic so rerolling 3-4 mods should offer enough pool to choose from. In theory the same mod could be rerolled into -say- 5 different mods excluding the existing ones. But it doesn't, when the pool becomes smaller it keeps rerolling only between A and B (instead of say A and F mods still available). Although I can clearly see there's more mods available for that particular item I get stuck between A n B.

Khaylara
04-21-2017, 04:39 PM
"So, if you kept rerolling the first mod, a random mod sequence might look like: A > C > E > G > A > E > D > F > C > G > H ...

If I follow Khaylara's decription correctly, she is instead seeing: A > C > A > D > A > D > A > C > A > C > A > C > A > D..."

That's the most accurate description. I underlined part of Tagamogi's post because it is not a matter of narrowing pool and not having mods available. If I get only mods I want on an item with 1 exception and I try to reroll that exception, what happens is what the quote says. Still plenty mods to roll from but the rerolling keeps bouncing between the same 2-3 useless ones.

I just want it to be understood-I am rerolling a chestpiece mods while having other few chestpieces in my backpack so I can clearly see what mods are available. I repeat, it's not a matter of mods not being available it's the fact that some mods seems stuck in a loop. Crap mods only get rerolled into other 1-2 crap mods and nice mods follow the same pattern.

I'd really like Citan's input on this.

Crissa
04-21-2017, 08:54 PM
So it always goes back to the first one when you reroll, then away to others?

That looks like a simple rand() scope fail.

I was wondering if it was an exclusion fail, but if it's constantly picking A then only not picking A when it's being excluded then there's a random scope failure (it means the odds aren't working right).

Citan
04-22-2017, 04:36 AM
Hey guys, when it comes to the treasure system, I usually need VERY specific info, right down to the exact mods, monsters, items, and skills in question.

I'll use the discussion about transmutation as an example. You say there aren't enough mods showing up when Transmuting? There's at least three possible causes for that:

It could be because the item is designed for lower-level monsters but is being dropped by a high-level monster by mistake. In that case, the item's internal "points" won't be enough to afford good high-level mods, so all it can afford is a few crappy ones. If that's the case, the problem is that the monster shouldn't drop that item! I'd need to know what exact item it is, what level mods of it has, the item's skills, and what monster you got it from.

But that's only one possibility. Mods can have rarity restrictions -- a few mods can only show up on Epic and Legendary items. If the item's rarity isn't good enough, Transmuting will never give those mods. But that's rare, since only a few mods are set up that way.

Much more common is that its dice-roll weight is too low or too high. Each mod has its own chance of showing up, and some mods are intentionally MUCH more common than others. For instance, the mods that boost base-damage multiplier are 5x to 10x more common than other mods. So sometimes, what you're seeing is intentional. But sometimes I just didn't set a number right somewhere. To find that, I'd again need to know everything about what you're doing, and which mods you're seeing in Transmute, and which ones you think you should be able to, but are never showing up.

There's lots of other possible causes, too. Without a really thorough report, I can't do much. I know it's tough to get all the info, but it's necessary because the treasure system is SUPER complicated. It's a huge part of the game, and it does a LOT of things! There's literally 100,000+ numbers involved in there, so finding a bad number is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Other things mentioned:

- a higher cap for transmutation: it's on the todo list, and will be coming soon!

- turning mods into generics: not coming back. It turned out that nobody actually wanted generics, they ONLY used it to simplify mod extraction. But mod-extraction is supposed to be risky.

- seeing too many random skillsets on items : I need specifics here. The exact item, where you got it, what skills or gems, what skill-sets you're seeing show up. There's a ton of possible causes. I looked for a general problem for this back when I first saw it reported by Khaylara, but there's nothing obvious from the info I've seen reported. So if you have more info, that'd be great.

Khaylara
04-22-2017, 11:58 AM
"It could be because the item is designed for lower-level monsters but is being dropped by a high-level monster by mistake. In that case, the item's internal "points" won't be enough to afford good high-level mods, so all it can afford is a few crappy ones." --- It feels like this but applied to crafted items too. I asked in game aswell people on about the same level, one of them posted in this thread too, they reached about the same conclusion. Most of my "experiments" were done on amazing winter gear crafts and on Gazluk Keep drops. I will make notes next time I try but generally speaking it's what you said. Like 1 or 2 mods decide "we're not rerolling into better mods and that's that".

"- a higher cap for transmutation: it's on the todo list, and will be coming soon!" ---great news! I can deal with the risk of extracting the wrong mod if it doesn't fully fail.

"- seeing too many random skillsets on items : I need specifics here. The exact item, where you got it, what skills or gems, what skill-sets you're seeing show up. There's a ton of possible causes. I looked for a general problem for this back when I first saw it reported by Khaylara, but there's nothing obvious from the info I've seen reported. So if you have more info, that'd be great."--Kinda hard here because most of my drops come from GK and i distill them in there. What I mean is I use fire+staff and I get yellow drops with bat+necromancy on them. Or sword+BC etc. Overall they seem to be way too many and most of those come from corpses not chests. Like the loot generator gets confused somehow. There's also a lot of drops with 1 skill and most of these issues seem to occur exactly on the highest tier yellow gear to the point where I get 6 yellow drops from a GK run and only one has fire+staff on it. The rest of 5 are either 1 skill or with skills that I don't have or don't use. I'll try to keep few next time and post them or sent in a bug report. It's not character specific though, others experience the same thing.

edit-a quote from Aws in this thread, he used to run GK a lot so a decent source when it comes to rerolling mods on orc gear
" Mod re-rolling:
Similar experience to Khaylara. I used 1200+ phlog recently and ended up leaving most of the items in the bank waiting for the cool down."

Khaylara
04-22-2017, 05:13 PM
I sent an ingame report with some of the drops that had random skills on them, overall about 1/3rd seems to fall into that category.

Crissa
04-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Citan... I never know who dropped what. Even if I looted it! I have a pack of crap and I might remember where a yellow came from (tho most of mine came from the store) but... I doubt I'll recall that by the time I'm augmenting it.

...It might be pretty cool if items remembered where they came from. Heck, identifying that could be another skill like augmentation! Then I could say, 'oh, hey, that's neat' while at the store then go hunting the critter that dropped it ^-^

Could the description include that information?

Khaylara
04-24-2017, 08:06 AM
Update - I ran GK last night again, out of 4 bosses 3 dropped items with unsuitable skillsets on them, for example for my char with UA+mentalism golem dropped a katar with UA+ment+psychology requirement (my psych is very low if i even have it on that char). I got various other skillsets on the other boss drops (Beakhorse and Zavamux or whatever the name is lol) so items I'm unable to use. My theory is the loot generator reads the highest damage dealing skill and it wasn't a skill I used(ie I got psychology requirement on the katar because 2 group members have psychology and at least one is modded for psychology damage).

Mbaums
04-24-2017, 11:00 AM
What I've done to correct any loot issues is set the loot option to turns verses all. Because the bosses let anyone look it, it won't matter except for trash.

Khaylara
04-24-2017, 05:05 PM
What I've done to correct any loot issues is set the loot option to turns verses all. Because the bosses let anyone look it, it won't matter except for trash.

That's an odd fix but thank you, we'll try it next time. I got a lot of unusable items again today, wish I read this earlier:)

Crissa
04-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Yeah, that you can get your group-partners' loot is just weird. Perhaps it shouldn't generate the actual stats until a player touches it?

Khaylara
04-25-2017, 06:14 AM
It's not technically their loot but my guess is that atm the type of damage influences the loot (it's a bit of a stretch and I might be completely wrong, we did get a lot of animal and druid loot w/o any of us actually playing an animal except lycan). I have the same problem transmuting mods on GK loot but Citan already explained why that happens. Some mods actually point to that, requiring decent phlogiston for a lvl 70 item mod isn't the norm.

edit-I forgot to make notes again mainly because there's not enough time to select what you distill, I'll grab an actual notepad next run, sorry.

Tagamogi
04-25-2017, 12:01 PM
- seeing too many random skillsets on items : I need specifics here. The exact item, where you got it, what skills or gems, what skill-sets you're seeing show up. There's a ton of possible causes. I looked for a general problem for this back when I first saw it reported by Khaylara, but there's nothing obvious from the info I've seen reported. So if you have more info, that'd be great.
This is probably still too needle-haystacky but just in case: A couple months ago, I solo'd Anagoge and its dungeon as spider/mentalism until I had a full inventory, and about two thirds of the items I'd collected had generic mods only. Naturally, I didn't pay attention to which items had which mods because that would be too helpful... I haven't been playing too much but it seemed that once I got out of Anagoge, the loot distribution was more normal. I spent a fair amount of time in the goblin dungeon as spider/druid later and the loot I've gotten there was primarily spider/druid, just as I'd expect.

Khaylara
04-25-2017, 02:05 PM
http://imgur.com/a/k41Nx

The Fire Wall attacks taunt 160 is only rerolling with "regain 27 health when using ring of fire, defensive burst/chill". I went back and forth between those 2 and rerolled some of the others getting only crappy mods. I repaired and kept going, same result.