PDA

View Full Version : Fire Magic Fix

Badnesso
03-14-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm rather new but I found the random non fire damaging type spells in the fire magic that do ice, crushing damage etc completely worthless. All your gear abilities are filled trying to one way or another maximize fire damage/power regen and whatever 2nd skill ability you have. In order for this skills at be of any use say against highly fire resistant targets they would have to receive ability buffs from the same abilities the fire spells do. There are one or 2 spells that do but not enough to make these attacks worthwhile to take up an ability slot. Maybe someone has figured this out?

Crissa
03-14-2017, 07:33 PM
That is a good point.

Eachna
03-21-2017, 07:00 AM
I'm rather new but I found the random non fire damaging type spells in the fire magic that do ice, crushing damage etc completely worthless. All your gear abilities are filled trying to one way or another maximize fire damage/power regen and whatever 2nd skill ability you have. In order for this skills at be of any use say against highly fire resistant targets they would have to receive ability buffs from the same abilities the fire spells do. There are one or 2 spells that do but not enough to make these attacks worthwhile to take up an ability slot. Maybe someone has figured this out?

I use them in the following situation: when I'm dealing with a fire-resistant mobs, my other weapon is melee, and the mob is standing at a distance.

Other than that they seem pretty useless to me. I figured it was left over from before ice magic was added in game.