PDA

View Full Version : Expected large number of mobs in Gaz zone or is there an issue with the spawns?

Easylivin
03-11-2017, 09:26 AM
With the weekend buff I thought it would be a good time to collect spruce wood because I have been ignoring it for a long time and getting 100% of my spruce from mobs.

Along with the 10% weekend buff I got the FA lumberjack luck buff.
http://i.imgur.com/W2RRQZZ.png

After one hour I had collected 64 regular wood and 9 perfect. Nothing to brag about. Why so few? The density of the mobs is why!

http://i.imgur.com/xU0k02K.jpg

Is this a bug or expected?

Yaksnot
03-13-2017, 03:35 PM
LOl yea man seemed with the last snapshot they really upped the outdoor mobs in Gaz, I guess they felt not enough people were doing it? trying to push cold debuff armor? no idea.

Greyfyn
03-13-2017, 11:11 PM
I spend a lot of time in the area of the picture. Tonight it was even more crowded than that. Usually I pop over to Towerview with some work. Tonight even little face pulls were bringing mobs from a very long range. That was new.

I'm wondering if some variable has slipped, because the mobs in Rahu were situated strangely as well. On the plateau closest to the Illimari portal, there were 2 mobs. The mobs were normally populated on the plain below that. That was something I'd never observed before.

ShieldBreaker
03-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Yes there does seem to be a lot of mobs. Doesn't it make you go "wow, the server can handle this?"

Not sure if it is right or not, but it actually lead to corpses despawning before I got a chance to loot them. Don't think it took all that long to finish the other fights that the first kill should go before I can loot it. But I understand in a way the servers need to cleanup so quickly, but also like to get loot too.

srand
03-14-2017, 03:34 PM
You are correct - as are all the people who sent in reports about it. (Thank you!) The spawns in Gazluk are indeed doubled. (There's a bug in the build propagation script.)

We'll be fixing this with a server reboot later tonight. (Server reboots usually have a downtime of a minute or so.)

Good catch - thanks!