PDA

View Full Version : Steam and the end of Wondows 7

Dumdidum
06-10-2023, 11:34 AM
Steam has announced that in roughly 200 days you wont be able to use their service with windows 7.

Since i am not planning on upgrading to windows 10 (various reasons, mostly because i dont want to use a keylogger disguised as operating system) will that be the end of PG for me?
Or will PG provide a workaround when the time comes ?

ShieldBreaker
06-15-2023, 05:56 AM
Steam has announced that in roughly 200 days you wont be able to use their service with windows 7.

Since i am not planning on upgrading to windows 10 (various reasons, mostly because i dont want to use a keylogger disguised as operating system) will that be the end of PG for me?
Or will PG provide a workaround when the time comes ?

There might be a workaround already. You could look into booting your computer on linux, the easiest way maybe with linux on a stick, ie (bootable linux on a USB drive). Then you get a linux version of Steam and then you can keep playing.

Vish
10-01-2023, 06:13 AM
For all that have issue with end of life of Win7 (or Steam no longer support Win7) and don't want go Win10/11
PG work great on Linux
you can dual boot (have windows7 and Linux on same machine) and use Linux for PG and Win7 for other stuff