PDA

View Full Version : Need advice!

Itsmesophia__
04-17-2023, 10:24 AM
Greetings everyone, I'm a new member here and I'm seeking some advice. I own an Asus laptop that isn't performing well whenever I try to play games, including Project Gorgon. The laptop was purchased in 2018 and frequently lags, making it unsuitable for personal use. Could you suggest a good laptop under $1000 that can handle gaming and personal tasks efficiently? Can i switch to a monitor? TIA

ShieldBreaker
04-18-2023, 04:52 PM
For reference here are the system requirements for Project: Gorgon from the store page on Steam.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz or faster
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

If you like Asus from your experience with you current computer, getting another newer model would probably work. You can hook up most laptops to an external monitor if you have a HDMI cable to connect them. Without know what else you want to run and other factors it is difficult to make a good recommendation. My hp laptop is out of date, but that is what I use to play PG.

Itsmesophia__
06-02-2023, 03:56 AM
For reference here are the system requirements for Project: Gorgon from the store page on Steam.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz or faster
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

If you like Asus from your experience with you current computer, getting another newer model would probably work. You can hook up most laptops to an external monitor if you have a HDMI cable to connect them. Without know what else you want to run and other factors it is difficult to make a good recommendation. My hp laptop is out of date, but that is what I use to play PG.

Thankyou, it was helpful