PDA

View Full Version : Next project

kabbutto
03-07-2017, 11:55 AM
So now that the new dungeon is out for gaz and fine tuning will be done. What is the next big project that is being worked on? What would people like to see as far as new zone effects or combat/support skills? I am interested to see what everyone would like to see with what is currently being worked on.

Hood
03-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Continued reworks of the remaining combat skills' treasure effects.

A finished tutorial dungeon which leads directly to serbule

Further optimization and adjusted difficulty, harder or easier, of the new Gazluk Keep (GK).

Some more NPC's in Gazluk zone.

Continued artistic touches on zones like Sun Vale and Serbule.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

kabbutto
03-07-2017, 12:37 PM
I would like to see a lot more to do in Sun Vale and south serb, both areas are very nice but a lot of the time aren't used as much as other zones.

For skills currently I believe Archery does much more damage than anything else, mainly due to the amount of bonus crit chance it gets through anatomy. I would like to see this more balanced through some of the other skills.

I've seen some mention on Bard which im excited to see how that works. Also I would love to see axe added eventually. Along with jewelry/weapon crafting.

Last thing I can think of I know needs work is pets, pet reaction times and pathing is horrid at the moment, I know a lot of fine tuning will be done so im looking forward to seeing how that develops.

Are there any thoughts on new zone effects currently? Some thoughts I have been throwing around is a swamp environment, with maybe movement speed reduced if you are in the swamp too long, or dangerous bugs that poison you till the poison is cured. Thoughts on this?

Yaksnot
03-07-2017, 01:57 PM
My wish list? ok in no particular order:

Fishing, so much can be added there.

Combat delay, I don't know if its just because I am knife or whatever but I timed it, up to 22 seconds after a mob dies I remain in combat

flushing out other zones, S Serb, Serb ect

plugging the leaks in gaz to stop all the constant crashing going in and out of dungeons

while we are on Gaz fixing the mobs in dungeons, they were going crazy today. non responsive or one hit and they would fly off, zone thru walls ect. def weird.

Soon a serious look will need to be done to rebalance combat skills imo

jewelry and weapon crafting more fully implemented

being able to craft items in stacks, currently the one at a time method is super time consuming

of course the new GUI and targeting

being able to zoom in and out on the map

being able to ping map for group members

combat text!!!

being able to customize my chat boxes

a way to filter recipes by a few different means: alphabetically, by level, comps available ect

A look and review of player vendors, the current system could use vast improvement, honestly needs either A: a way to search quickly at who is selling what or just forgo it and do it AH style.

that's all I got off the top of my head. I really love this game though ^^

Yak

Tagamogi
03-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Implementation of the new UI. I'm really looking forward to that one - I have a ton of things in my mind that I think it should be doing, and I look forward to submitting lots of suggestions if it won't. ;)

I'd like to see the remaining crafting skills go to 70. I like leveling stuff and since I've been using textile making a lot lately, I'm a bit sad it's stuck at 50.

Pets - that was a good suggestion by kabutto. I've pretty much given up on pet skills at the moment. The aggro just seems too wonky. I think pets could also use better behavior modes - I think it would be really helpful to have a "passive" pet mode where the pet really just follows you and does not attack or heal. It seems "Follow" might be intended for that, but doesn't really do it.

Sedgewick Forest. Ok, realistically, this doesn't need to be high on the priority list. However, I'd love a chance to listen to the old Sun Vale music again. The new music is good, but I liked the old music track, too.

Greyfyn
03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
While it's maybe a great conversation starter, most of that information is already available to read about. Asking Citan to once again trot out his plans subtracts from the time he spends implementing those plans. Player wants are not really what drives how things happen. For example, Gazluk and the dungeon may be out, but they have a lot of bugs and things to work out. And various external issues influence when things get worked on--like the graphics and the UI.

When players bring their imaginative ideas to the forums for discussion, that's great. What people want to see, wish lists, new ideas, personal interests.... It's all good conversation, as long as people know that's what it is. Looking back at forum history, when players make personal demands or expectations, it frequently becomes a distraction from the processes already occurring, especially when things get contentious.

Sure, great insights happen without knowing the history. Fresh eyes make fabulous observations. And even better conversation! Understanding the game a bit better deepens the impact those observations will have. Knowing more about the years of development and the decisions that have already been made, would be good background for playertesters. This game is about systems; understanding the systems before recommending big changes makes those recommendations stronger.

Khaylara
03-07-2017, 03:48 PM
"And what comes after this Gazluk update? More content! The next few updates after this one will have more low-level and high-level solo content, including improvements to outdoor areas, improvements to some solo dungeons, and adding some crafting skills. And we're very close to having all the assets in place for the Bard skill -- I can't tell exactly which snapshot will have bards, but it'll be pretty soon. Very excited about that one!" (Citan)

The underlined part is what I'm looking forward to. Also dwarves but I have a long wait ahead of me for poor dwarves.

Corakhan
03-08-2017, 03:45 AM
Also dwarves but I have a long wait ahead of me for poor dwarves.

I'm sure we'll get fairies way before dwarves. Probably even orcs.

Tsugumori
03-08-2017, 05:10 AM
I'm sure we'll get fairies way before dwarves. Probably even orcs.

The fae and orc models have a basis though already! There are no dwarf NPCs yet so its more than likely the formers will come first.

alleryn
03-08-2017, 05:23 AM
The fae and orc models have a basis though already! There are no dwarf NPCs yet so its more than likely the formers will come first.

Aren't Gisli, Mox, and Bellema dwarves?

Khaylara
03-08-2017, 06:34 AM
They are but in terms of playable race which is what I'm looking forward to, donno if that's how they're gonna look. From the sneak peek into fae they look different from the faerie NPCs, rather like mobs. No dwarf mobs yet so I can't tell

Tsugumori
03-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Aren't Gisli, Mox, and Bellema dwarves?

I hadn't actually noticed but yeah it would seem so.

That said - I do believe what I said stands, that Fae and Orc will arrive beforehand.

drivendawn
03-08-2017, 06:48 PM
I think after getting things finished in Gazluk they should definitely focus on some of the lower lvl less content filled areas such as south serbule and Ilmari. After that maybe graphics and model updates for what is in the game so far. Then get back to bringing out new content, lvl's and such.:)