PDA

View Full Version : Camera/Movement. Please help.

rvf
03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
I want to move forward in the direction my camera is pointing and not the direction my character is facing.

How can I do this?

If there currently isn't a way I suggest adding this option.
Thank you,
-R

EDIT: I basically want WoW movement controls.

Tsugumori
03-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Holding right click takes control of direction, so whatever way you point the camera the character is locked and faces whichever way you point it. I think you'll have to provide an example. (Holding left click will only rotate the camera, right click takes control of both camera and character.)

alleryn
03-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Is there an option to snap facing to match camera? Sometimes i like to keep moving while i spin the camera to see if mobs are chasing me. For this the current system is great.

But if i'm foraging, sometimes i like to spin the camera as i'm cutting a log to look around for more stuff to forage. In this case, it's easy to get disoriented when i'm ready to proceed to my next target. If i could snap either the camera or my facing so that they match, that would be helpful.

Crissa
03-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Actually, yeah, if you hold the right-mouse, forward is mouse direction (usually).

That's what I do, anyhow.

alleryn
03-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Actually, yeah, if you hold the right-mouse, forward is mouse direction (usually).

That's what I do, anyhow.

Doesn't really work while foraging though, because the right mouse button will start the wood chopping over from the start.

Greyfyn
03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm confused by the question. If you hold down the left mouse button, you can rotate around yourself, even while chopping wood. There is a check box to auto move to click on the ground. Between the two, you should be able to do what you are asking. (If the auto click is working.)

And no, I personally don't need movement like WoW or other games. O.o

alleryn
03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm confused by the question. If you hold down the left mouse button, you can rotate around yourself, even while chopping wood. There is a check box to auto move to click on the ground. Between the two, you should be able to do what you are asking. (If the auto click is working.)

Yeah i'm not sure i'm explaining it well at all. In any case it works good enough as it is for my needs. Maybe i'll try turning on click to move.

Corakhan
03-09-2017, 01:32 AM

Maybe my memories are foggy, but the movement in Gorgon is the same is in WoW and most other 3rd person MMOs.

Crissa
03-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Doesn't really work while foraging though, because the right mouse button will start the wood chopping over from the start.
Only if you let go of the mouse while it's still on the wood. Otherwise it'll turn you.

Maybe my memories are foggy, but the movement in Gorgon is the same is in WoW and most other 3rd person MMOs.
No, all of them move slightly differently. The right-to-turn left-to-camera is kinda default, but the options available in WoW exceed those available in Gorgon.

And I think there's a click to move option in Gorgon, because I use it, it's just likely to grab objects you didn't intend.