PDA

View Full Version : Animal Husbandry

Krakatau
01-06-2022, 03:42 PM
So I'm just now getting back into the game and unlocked Animal Husbandry. Can someone give me the rundown on how best to approach leveling it and securing the best breeds? I /redeemed the male/female freeze wasp. Should I level them through Animal Handling before I start breeding or does pet level not matter? Should I charm bees found in the wild to use instead of the free ones? Do I need to use any of the various IG items while the breeding/pregnancy is happening? Thanks for any help!

Niph
01-07-2022, 06:45 AM
Can someone give me the rundown on how best to approach leveling it and securing the best breeds?

For just leveling it, breed pets with the lowest fertility/virility together. Mating will fail more often, and give only half the XP, but it's much faster.

To obtain the best breed depends on what want (look, stats?) and is still being investigated.

Should I level them through Animal Handling before I start breeding or does pet level not matter?

It doesn't matter.

Should I charm bees found in the wild to use instead of the free ones?

Not instead, but in addition to. You might need more stable slots for that. Also learn Arthropod Genetics, it's the key to understanding breeding.

Do I need to use any of the various IG items while the breeding/pregnancy is happening?

Use enticing wax once you no longer care about XP. Use incubators until you no longer care about more pets (won't happen any time soon!)