PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Download!

fellentier
03-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Could not download WindowsPlayer_Data/sharedassets0.assists.resS; giving up after 5 attempts - Please try again in a few minutes.

:L/ help please.

ShieldBreaker
03-05-2017, 01:54 AM
have you followed the steps in the following thread link http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?136-Project-Gorgon-Support-Troubleshooting-Read-First!

Small staff run the whole game and website, and they are in the US so it really late for them, might take a little while to get a response.

fellentier
03-05-2017, 02:03 AM
have you followed the steps in the following thread link http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?136-Project-Gorgon-Support-Troubleshooting-Read-First!

Small staff run the whole game and website, and they are in the US so it really late for them, might take a little while to get a response.

Yup, i've tried just about everything. I've updated my drivers, tried restarts, redownloaded content, the game keeps failing to "update" that one specific file.

Silvonis
03-05-2017, 04:06 AM
Sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. We use a worldwide CDN to distribute Project: Gorgon and the culprit is likely the server closest to you in Japan. These issues, albeit rare, are usually resolved automatically within 24 hours after an update goes live. If you continue to experience the issue outside of that timeframe, please let us know. Conversely, if it resolves - also let us know. Thanks.

fellentier
03-05-2017, 04:37 AM
Sorry to see that you are experiencing this issue. We use a worldwide CDN to distribute Project: Gorgon and the culprit is likely the server closest to you in Japan. These issues, albeit rare, are usually resolved automatically within 24 hours after an update goes live. If you continue to experience the issue outside of that timeframe, please let us know. Conversely, if it resolves - also let us know. Thanks.

Is there any way that I can manually use a different server?

fellentier
03-05-2017, 09:28 AM

OKAY!

Because I wanted to play this game ---far --- too much, I just spent the last 10 hours testing out possibilities. I built my operating system, tried every possible thinkable solution and ultimately found ALAS! There is a way.

Because it is due to the proximity of the server I simple forced myself to use a different server. Through utilizing a free VPN I bounced my IP to a different region causing it to pick an area that wasn't effected, downloaded it through that server, disconnected the VPN, and then was able to log into the game as normal.

I believe this information could be useful to other people in the future, please add it to a sticky somewhere!

fellentier
03-25-2017, 07:51 AM

I wanted to let you know that the problem is back again with the most recent patch --- it seems that my solution works (albeit extremely slow to download through a proxy) --- and it seems to be the only way to fix this issue.

Small patches that are 300-400mg don't seem to cause the error, but any large patch that has hit always stonewalls me after I get to a certain percentage.

SleepyFox
04-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Hi I'm having the same problem, except with a different file. 'Retrying download of WindowsPlayer_Data/level12'
I'm in the UK and tried using a VPN to US Central but it didn't help :/ Is there any alternative to download the bulk of the game?

Honestly, I've had really slow internet today but that still shouldn't completely prevent me from downloading the game, right? I wish it would just work!

EDIT: Got it working today, not sure if it just fixed itself, or if my internet was the problem (as it's working a bit better today), leaning towards my internet.