PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk - Autodidacticism *Equips Flame Shield*

Ransel
06-21-2021, 07:57 PM
Autodidacticism is a fairly new skill that has some members of the community unhappy.

I recognize this, but I hope to ask questions about the autodidacticism skill here and save the passionate debate about whether this skill is a good thing for a dev feedback thread.

One question I had about this skill is how to level up autodidacticism. I tried to buy some skill books for this in Rahu, but all of my skills are greater than 10 (for the ones sold on the merchant), so I can't use the skill books to train my characters autodidacticism skill.

There are a couple of player craftable books I could purchase, and I'm going to keep an eye out for them, but my question is about leveling autodidacticism when you already have most/all the skills past the first 10 levels.

Are there decoctions for autodidacticism? Is there a reason you can't level this skill using lower level skill books and just not receive as much xp?

Niph
06-22-2021, 12:32 AM
You probably just missed it in the patch notes:

But what if you are a long-time player and have already leveled every skill? You can't use the "Sword Levels 0-10" book if your Sword skill is higher than 10. How do you earn Autodidacticism XP? Hirochi comes to the rescue! Hirochi has a sequence of hangouts which will give you Autodidacticism XP. You can repeat these hangouts as often as necessary.