PDA

View Full Version : Gadgeteering

MorKazim
02-27-2017, 11:52 PM
Hello,

I would like to talk about the Skill “Gadgeteering”.
I spend the last weekend upping my alchemy to 25, upping my Like level with Kohan
and raising the skill level to 30, in order to get the skill “Simple Item Vendor”.
The skill really needs some changing. Please don’t misunderstand me. The skill may need to be that hard to get it but…
All the items you get from the earliest skills (Simple Item Dispenser, Fancy Item Dispenser) are vendor garbage that no one needs.
Also really “Rotten Strawberry”…
Some suggestions:
• Remove Rotten Strawberry and replace it with Gears.
• Make that the greatest level skills require a lesser item as component (a Simple Item Vendor recipe requires items + a Simple Item Dispenser)
• Also make that the free versions of the items when used give to the user some reword like “Gadgeteering” exp…
• Also the requirement of the skill. The skill goes better with “carpentry” and “Toolcrafting” than “alchemy”
That’s it… thank you

alleryn
02-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Fancy item dispenser seems very useful to me, and probably the best item in the whole skillset. I'm always wanting to give stuff away for free and hate leaving tons of litter all over. The only thing i'd like is some kind of limiter where no one can take more than one (or x) of an item. That way you could give away things like early quest items without someone coming in and swooping them all up.

Hood
02-28-2017, 05:37 AM
This is constructive feedback! Gadgeteering was added when Rahu was added and it hasn't been changed since, I believe.

Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

Khaylara
02-28-2017, 06:52 AM
I had few people mentioning this problem related to the rafflers (i'm very low in gadgeteering myself but I used the rafflers and dispensers few times). The problem is them despawning when the area they are placed in gets littered. So basically if you place rafflers at serbule well they're gonna be gone before the tickets sell which is not really encouraging people to place expensive prizes for the raffles. No idea what other mechanic should be applied to these boxes but the current one (which wipes them like the tombstones and dropped items) is not quite working, people tend to drop rafflers only in the death sewer for that reason. If too many get dropped there they might be wiping and leave the owners with half the tickets sold.