PDA

View Full Version : Reward Tiers

Boolan
02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Hi!
Just donated to this game. I did the Patron Package in the Project Gorgon Shop.

This game is amazing and I firmly support what the developers are doing! Looking forward to getting the game via steam when it comes out!

A question and a sort of "poll"

Question:
When it comes out on Steam will we retain our "accounts" as in our characters?

Poll:
Did you contribute to the development of this game?

Happy hunting to all!

Greyfyn
02-25-2017, 09:51 AM
You can already connect your steam account to your Gorgon account here on the forum. When the early release to steam happens (most recently slated for March 2017), nothing about your character will change. When the full steam release occurs (now targeted for December 2017), there will be a partial wipe, which will clear everything but your character's skills. So we get to keep our skills--that's good.

As for the poll--there are lists of who contributed on both the kickstarter and the indiegogo. And the forum itself is tracking the most recent contributions.

Tsugumori
02-25-2017, 01:03 PM
On from what Greyfyn said:

Anyone who backs the game will receive a steam key when the steam release nears, which as Grey said will be roughly Dec. 2017.

As for the poll, I backed the game during the last kickstarter after playing PG for a week, definitely a wise move and I tip my hate to my past self.

Khaylara
02-26-2017, 03:20 AM
Aside from money contributions everyone can contribute to the development by helping detect bugs and offering feedback and suggestions.

Boolan
02-26-2017, 05:49 AM
Thank you all for the information. Steam already hooked in all regards. Whew...Boolan does not want to "die" again like on AC!

alleryn
02-26-2017, 09:21 AM
When the full steam release occurs (now targeted for December 2017), there will be a partial wipe, which will clear everything but your character's skills. So we get to keep our skills--that's good.

As far as i know, nothing is finalized regarding the wipe, though Greyfin's scenario is the most likely one.

http://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq.php?faq=gameplay#faq_characterwipe

Hood
02-26-2017, 01:17 PM
As far as i know, nothing is finalized regarding the wipe, though Greyfin's scenario is the most likely one.

You're right. but this official word is as close to a finalization as we'll probably get. Granted, anything can change at any time. so like I said, as close to a finalization as we'll probably get.

alleryn
02-26-2017, 02:52 PM
You're right. but this official word is as close to a finalization as we'll probably get. Granted, anything can change at any time. so like I said, as close to a finalization as we'll probably get.

Sure. I just think it's best to make sure people know that nothing is final. I simply want to avoid potential frustration if something changes (insofar as is possible).

I hear a lot of "coins and items and maybe favor will be wiped and nothing else will" being bandied about in global whenever the wipe topic comes up, and i'm concerned about false expectations should some skills/abilites be wiped or something. Probably not a major concern; i just hope people are prepared for possible contingencies.

Mitra
02-26-2017, 06:52 PM
My wife and I are ready to make donations. It'd be nice to have a rough idea what a house would be like, if it'll have storage (assume so, about how much), travel options to get there, etc. Also, regarding VIP access, would like to have some idea what we're getting 1 year vs 5 year in the two $100/$500 packages. I guess what I mean there is - about what might we expect VIP access to cost once the game goes live? I realize these details may be real murky yet, but we've been teetering on this decision for quite some time and a little more information would help.

alleryn
02-26-2017, 07:04 PM
My wife and I are ready to make donations. It'd be nice to have a rough idea what a house would be like, if it'll have storage (assume so, about how much), travel options to get there, etc. Also, regarding VIP access, would like to have some idea what we're getting 1 year vs 5 year in the two $100/$500 packages. I guess what I mean there is - about what might we expect VIP access to cost once the game goes live? I realize these details may be real murky yet, but we've been teetering on this decision for quite some time and a little more information would help.

For a bit more info on VIP, try looking here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projectgorgon/project-gorgon-pc-mmo (though note it does say it's subject to change).

Animal[801]
03-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Wiping councils/gear/favor/whatever else and leaving SKILLS unwiped is completey unnecessary IMO. Those who have skills maxed will already have a massive advantage and will easily gain councils/gear/favor/whatever else WAY faster than new players.. I just don't see the logic behind this, at all.

Spiritfingers
03-03-2017, 12:12 AM
;2288']Wiping councils/gear/favor/whatever else and leaving SKILLS unwiped is completey unnecessary IMO. Those who have skills maxed will already have a massive advantage and will easily gain councils/gear/favor/whatever else WAY faster than new players.. I just don't see the logic behind this, at all.

I have been playing the game for a long time and backed the game on the Indiegogo kickstarter. I've thought about what you said a lot. I know Eric will do what's best for everyone when the game launches. The more I play the more I see him wiping things including skills, favor, etc.

Umber
03-03-2017, 06:50 AM
I have been playing the game for a long time and backed the game on the Indiegogo kickstarter. I've thought about what you said a lot. I know Eric will do what's best for everyone when the game launches. The more I play the more I see him wiping things including skills, favor, etc.

While it would make me really sad to have spent the time to start over, it really does make sense to wipe everything and make players start over. It has been stated that this is in Alpha, and therefore, testing phase. Everyone should be starting on a clean slate to be fair for all players or you'll discourage new players.

Only thing I'm afraid of is if the Steam launch is successful in bringing in a lot of new blood. I'm not sure the zones are big enough at this point to share spawns with everyone coming up through at the same time. Who knows; maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The beginning struggle sometimes while painful is something you look back on and say, "We worked hard for every scrap we got".

Excited either way. There is so much in this game to work on it's hard to think I'll be able to test everything before launch.

Easylivin
03-03-2017, 07:55 AM
;2288']Wiping councils/gear/favor/whatever else and leaving SKILLS unwiped is completey unnecessary IMO. Those who have skills maxed will already have a massive advantage and will easily gain councils/gear/favor/whatever else WAY faster than new players.. I just don't see the logic behind this, at all.

Sounds like you want your character wiped. Maybe for those that don't want to create a "massive advantage" for others could opt in to have their characters wiped.

Citan can this be an option for those that are interested, like Peasant?

Easylivin
03-03-2017, 07:56 AM
While it would make me really sad to have spent the time to start over, it really does make sense to wipe everything and make players start over. It has been stated that this is in Alpha, and therefore, testing phase. Everyone should be starting on a clean slate to be fair for all players or you'll discourage new players.

Only thing I'm afraid of is if the Steam launch is successful in bringing in a lot of new blood. I'm not sure the zones are big enough at this point to share spawns with everyone coming up through at the same time. Who knows; maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The beginning struggle sometimes while painful is something you look back on and say, "We worked hard for every scrap we got".

Excited either way. There is so much in this game to work on it's hard to think I'll be able to test everything before launch.

Umber also appears to be interested in having his character wiped. Lets make it happen for them Citan!

Hood
03-03-2017, 07:58 AM
;2288'] a massive advantage

...................its a cooperative game. Any competitive elements are a product of your imagination.

Easylivin
03-03-2017, 08:05 AM
btw if you two, Umber and Peasant, could bang your heads into a wall until you forget everything you know about the game, because your knowledge is a massive advantage, that would make everything fair.

Easylivin
03-03-2017, 08:17 AM

Here you go, looks finalized enough for me. Maybe we can stop talking about it and trying to make it happen. Unless you too are interested in have your character wiped along with Umber's and Peasant's?

There will not be a full player wipe at launch.

The characters you are building now in alpha will not be completely wiped out at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels.

Why not wipe everything? Because alpha testing is hard. Putting a lot of hours into an alpha game that can and does change all the time is stressful! You deserve some reward for dealing with all the bullshit involved in alpha development.

So why wipe items? After years of alpha, there will be some players with billions in cash and assets, some of which came from bugs that slipped past us. That makes it very hard for a fun player-to-player economy to develop. That’s always a tough challenge, in fact, but wiping items and money is a basic foundational step that will give the economy a fighting chance at launch.

And remember: this is at official launch, which is still a ways away. We aren't even in beta yet!

alleryn
03-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Here you go, looks finalized enough for me. Maybe we can stop talking about it and trying to make it happen. Unless you too are interested in have your character wiped along with Umbra's and Peasant's?

Pasting in some box with large font words isn't really sourcing anything. You can find the link to the quote at http://projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/developer-info-round-up

And all it says is "we won't be wiping most skill levels". That's far different then the "you'll get to keep all skills" that gets thrown around willy-nilly in global.

Also, for a person named "Easylivin" you sure do seem quick to take a hostile tone. If this really is a cooperative game, as Hood suggests, maybe you are in the wrong place.

Silvonis
03-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Let's keep the conversation civil and not direct attacks at your fellow players.

As for the question of whether there will be a wipe: it depends. We have said that we don’t plan on a full wipe, but we do plan to wipe certain elements. That statement also includes the caveat that our plans are subject to change. Ultimately, we will do what is best for the game and the community as a whole.

Umber
03-03-2017, 09:24 AM
alleryn

Amen, brother!

Tsugumori
03-03-2017, 09:27 AM
As for the question of whether there will be a wipe: it depends. We have said that we don’t plan on a full wipe, but we do plan to wipe certain elements. That statement also includes the caveat that our plans are subject to change. Ultimately, we will do what is best for the game and the community as a whole.

Thanks Silvonis, out of curiousity - I know you can't say for certain at the moment what will or won't be wiped or when, but if let's say steam launch is this December, would you be able to comment on when the information on that topic would be released? One month - two maybe beforehand?

I'm not going to chisel your response in stone, I was just wondering if it had been discussed at all.

Animal[801]
03-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Easylivin - fyi I have several skills at 70+ and will have several more there way before steam release. The last thing I want is a skill wipe - I will QUIT altogether if this happens and I did buy the $75 package. Again, I just don't see how wiping things other than skills is doing the community/new players good. Having people skilled/geared only helps the newer players - this isn't a PvP game so why not?

Spiritfingers
03-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Sounds like you want your character wiped. Maybe for those that don't want to create a "massive advantage" for others could opt in to have their characters wiped.

Citan can this be an option for those that are interested, like Peasant?

Trust me, I don't want my character wiped. Just thinking about all the work I'd have to do over makes me shudder. But a wipe would probably bring in more players and potentially more money to the game which could only help with future development.

alleryn
03-03-2017, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't mind a full wipe. Sure it would be a lot to do over again (well i've only been playing 2 months so far), but it was an enjoyable enough process that i think i would have fun streamlining it coming at it with additional knowledge.

As for "opting in", i guess that was a sarcastic response, i'm not sure. But the advantage of a wipe is that new players:

(A) would probably prefer to feel on a more-even footing (sure game knowledge is an advantage but not on the same scale),

and (B) would be challenged by the game. Without a wipe, many new players will be able to coast through on the assistance of others. Of course this would be optional; no one can force you to take help, but the temptation is strong. Players are probably more likely to stick with the game if they feel accomplishment at overcoming obstacles on their own.

Obviously the big downside to a wipe from a "top-down" perspective is that some players might leave, feeling that they're hard work was wasted. It's not as though this is a closed alpha. Sure, probably a lot of people will discover PG when it hits Steam, but nothing is preventing them from playing it now other than their own lack of plumbing the interwebz for a game like it. And typically, maintaining an existing customer is much easier than finding a new one. So there's defintely some advantages in rewarding players who "opted in" early.

Tsugumori
03-03-2017, 01:43 PM
I kind of think it's a little early to even have this out really. Not to mention that before commenting, a step back is needed instead of just throwing in your two cents unless you're made of two cents. And if you are, I think you have better things to be doing!

(A) would probably prefer to feel on a more-even footing (sure game knowledge is an advantage but not on the same scale),

I could have taken the whole thing - but this will suffice.

For someone who has only been playing two months you -sure- seem to 'know' a lot.
("PSA: Sarcasm" - little homage to my main man alleryn)

Disclaimer: I have no real strong opinions about the wipe. I reiterate the pointlessness of speculation. To my understanding, it wasn't going to be a full wipe - some skills kept, some not. Maybe, maybe not, which skills you ask? Who knows. For the time being it doesn't matter.

Now....

If a full wipe happened, time investment aside, it really is just a massive inconvenience. People complaining about it? Oh yeah, understandable. Player frustration? Yeah, totally expected. For those new to the game and seem to like showing off how much they know, (or how little *cough*), one of the biggest things about PG is: Knowledge. Take a good, long, hard think about it before typing a silly, little, petty reply.

Perhaps its your -inexperience- that highlights how unaware of this you are, but knowledge is a valuable commodity itself. In a game that requires grouping for dungeons (- knowing what bosses are where and the layout of a zone, not to mention the names of things and certain environmental mechanics), has puzzles obstructing progression or that require memorisation, that does not straight up TELL you things, knowledge is quite literally money, in the value sense. Time is money? Please. You can waste all the time you want, make all the money you want, won't amount to anything when stacked up against knowledge.

Take away skills, money, items, everything. You think you're on equal footing with a lot of the community? No. An advantage? It is so much more than that.

Tut tut :)

Khaylara
03-03-2017, 02:13 PM
"Why not wipe everything? Because alpha testing is hard. Putting a lot of hours into an alpha game that can and does change all the time is stressful! You deserve some reward for dealing with all the bullshit involved in alpha development."

Okay, old debate. I underlined the essential (for this topic) part of Citan's statement, maybe if it's colorful it hits home.

He literally means A LOT of hours...some of us have been playing for years and he wants to reward THAT. Anyone who wants a wipe and has been around for few months would not understand that. It's YEARS not MONTHS we put into this game, many times w/o any reward, we saw our skills and gear nerfed, wiped, broken (and we stayed with this game) we helped with testing, bugs reporting, constant feedback, hundreds of game hours etc. If anyone thinks that's unfair too bad. As Easy said if someone feels that after 1-3 months they have an unfair advantage I'm sure that petitioning to support would solve that. This is not a personal attack but with every new wave of players we get this same ol' debate about wipe again.
I don't know if Citan needs to change his mind based on opinions from players that might not stick around anyway. Let's revisit the topic in a year, most will sing a different tune then.

Hood
03-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Deep knowledge of the game would allow the same players "at the top" of this completely non-competitive game to rise again to that same subjective, meaningless spot 2 weeks after a wipe. Thank you, Tsugu and Easy. I agree.

alleryn
03-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Not to mention that before commenting, a step back is needed instead of just throwing in your two cents unless you're made of two cents.
I couldn't disagree more. We need more opinions not fewer. There's nothing wrong with expressing uninformed opinions. In fact, that's one of the best ways to become informed.

Discouraging people from participating in discussion is the surest way to make sure that discussion is unproductive, or, at least, only reflects the opinions of some (possibly 'elite') subset of the population.

jaspen
03-03-2017, 03:23 PM
If there was going to be a major wipe I would want to know as soon as possible. I play and invest heavily into my character with the idea that most of the skills won't be wiped. This knowledge absolutely determines how I currently play this game. Being a completionist really adds to this issue. If there was to be a complete wipe, I would not have even started playing, or played extremely casual. At this point would quit if there was going to be a major skill wipe. This goes heavily against what I was lead to believe would happen. Yes, I know, everything ever stated is subject to change but any comment is going to act as some sort of reinsurance, for better or worse.

Simply put, not having the wipe was an incentive, at least for me, in the beginning. It gave me the freedom to completely invest, test, grind, report, make suggestion, etc. Like I said, without that, I would had done everything differently. I would be willing to bet I am not the only one that the idea of no wipe greatly affected their investment in the game, both monetarily and time.

I agree with Khaylara in that the majority, not all, of the people calling for a complete wipe are probably casual or new players. Which there is nothing wrong with any type of playstyle, but as Hood pointed out, I believe they are trying to view the game in the wrong way. This is not a competition. This was the first game in a long time that I haven't felt as if I was playing catch up with other people. That mindset is detrimental in many ways. I have met so many great people that quickly drop what they were doing to help others out. They have given away items and councils, ran quests for random people and generally offered up their time for strangers just to be helpful. That is not a sign of competition. As also stated, advantages come in many forms. Everything from the combat skillsets you pick, time availability, people you know and general game knowledge. If you want to talk about advantages, you can't remove them all and knowledge will trump everything.

Honestly speaking no one can say with any sort of accuracy what is best for the game. I would argue that wiping everyone would create competition as all the beginning areas will be cramped and frustrating. A lot of the same items, for favors, quests and crafting, will be highly contested, and there would be more people looking out for themselves as they are too busy working back to gain what they lost. Working to gain what you lost is far stronger than being a newbie to a new game. They will be too busy trying to control or dash for certain key and needed resources. Some of which will completely lock down some skills. Why help other level up so they can compete against you for the same needed resources? I believe you will see a major shift in general attitude for a long period of time due to these facts. You will see more guilds only helping themselves and less general cooperation and openness. As you see, this can be argued easily from any viewpoint.

Either way, I hope a conclusion is made one way or the other, sooner rather than later, so I know how to invest my time.

Easylivin
03-03-2017, 03:29 PM
;2314']Easylivin - fyi I have several skills at 70+ and will have several more there way before steam release. The last thing I want is a skill wipe - I will QUIT altogether if this happens and I did buy the $75 package. Again, I just don't see how wiping things other than skills is doing the community/new players good. Having people skilled/geared only helps the newer players - this isn't a PvP game so why not?

Lets discuss!

BTW banging your head against the wall was a joke, but with all jokes there is some truth. The biggest advantage we all have is that we have played the game. We know how to get to Serbule from the island, newbies joining at release have no clue. We know that Kur exists, newbies have no clue. and on and on...

Getting a character back to where we are all now, if there was a wipe, would not take too long maybe 2 weeks to get the first combat skills to 70. Then a month to raise crafting and several other combat skills. So how would a skill wipe help the new players? It gives them nothing. The only thing they would get is a recent point in time that everyone would have nothing. If they log in 2 minutes later, they are already behind.

I would argue that the point in time when everyone had nothing has already passed. It is fairly easy to level once you know what you are doing. A full skill wipe would not help the community feel better about helping QA the alpha, and beta.

Item and money wipe will help. People have hoarded items for months/years. If all items/money are wiped it allows the devs to set new spawn, and drop rates. It helps the economy or "corrects" it more towards what the devs want.

alleryn
03-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Has there been any statement about whether abilities will be wiped? A number of times the devs have said that we'll keep most of our skill levels but does that include knowledge of any rare recipes we've acquired/purchased?

Tekrun
03-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Coming from a months worth of experience in PG. So expert opinion here HAHA!

When I first started this game I'm not going to lie I was unimpressed. The character runs at the speed of a snail, the inventory issues are heartbreaking having to drop stuff to later find out it is very useful, and the power/resource management was a headache.

As soon as I made it to serbule, I was able to witness some veterans running around at light speed, items in the used tabs with extra inventory, and modifiers for power/resource management that put my mind at ease. I know my opinion isn't much, but if I had started with all noobs trekking around at the same slow pace with the same outfit on I don't think I would have given this game a chance. It's nice to see what the future holds by witnessing veterans do what they do. It gave me relief that my frustrations could be hashed out by grinding more and earning it. Just a thought.

Like most are saying, the items will be gone regardless and that seems to be the biggest grind. As far as skills, after a month I don't see it making a difference wiping them or not. The grind is for gear, skill levels come too easily imo.

Khaylara
03-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Has there been any statement about whether abilities will be wiped? A number of times the devs have said that we'll keep most of our skill levels but does that include knowledge of any rare recipes we've acquired/purchased?

Yes, read EasyLivin's post including Citan's quote. Some skillsets might be entirely reworked (it happened with few already, augmentation for example, also many combat skills were revamped to the point where they look new) and everything is subject to change, but afaik he intends to keep our characters and the skill levels. I'd expect we get new abilities that we'd have to learn like it just happened when we got the level cap unlocked recently (abilities like restorative arrow, mangling shot, agonize, mock etc are new).

Tekrun-I had the same reaction, I saw actually a veteran player running me through crypt with a horde of pets and killing everything like a storm and I decided I wanna be like that when I grow up.

alleryn
03-04-2017, 12:40 AM
Yes, read EasyLivin's post including Citan's quote. Some skillsets might be entirely reworked (it happened with few already, augmentation for example, also many combat skills were revamped to the point where they look new) and everything is subject to change, but afaik he intends to keep our characters and the skill levels. I'd expect we get new abilities that we'd have to learn like it just happened when we got the level cap unlocked recently (abilities like restorative arrow, mangling shot, agonize, mock etc are new).

Sorry i'm still not seeing it. I read the quote a few times. It certainly refers to skill levels, but i don't see anything about abilities. Maybe i'm just blind -- if it's not too much trouble would you mind quoting the sentence/paragraph?

Also can you explain what you mean about getting new abilities with the level cap? Are you saying you got the next level of mangling shot for free if you had high enough Archery, when otherwise the player would have to pay for it?

Khaylara
03-04-2017, 04:35 AM
"The characters you are building now in alpha will not be completely wiped out at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels".

The abilities I mentioned as example are new, implemented iirc with the lvl 70 cap update. We had to go back to the lower level trainers and learn them starting with the lowest tier. Over time many skillsets were changed as in new abilities were added (lycanthropy is a good example), abilities effects changed and also the armor/weapon modifiers were severely changed. During alpha and beta that will still happen a lot. As an example say at launch you are archer level 92 (random example), you will most likely be level 92 but what he's saying is that many of the archery abilities might be changed and the players will have to adapt and relearn some things.

Citan phrased it the way he did imo to underline that boosts, nerfs and gear modifiers (or even the crafting system) might go through some changes. As a developer he reserves the right to do so and gives the players a fair warning. There were many cases when players complained a lot about "nerfs" to their skills.
I'm not sure if it's noticeable after a short period of time but there are balance issues between the combat skillsets. When I started lycans were quite OP, now it's archery and staff etc. He might change that and he doesn't want people to expect to have a certain build for ever and get upset when it changes. If some players are excessively attached to their gear and skillsets it's probably better to come back for the real launch when things would be if not definitive at least more settled.

So yeah, we keep the characters and the skill levels and get a money and gear wipe. Citan and other staff members said that quite a few times. Expect some abilities to change though even in the near future, way before launch. It's alpha still and nothing is set in stone.

PS I doubt that new abilities would be "for free", we had to pay for them every time it was a change in abilities. Afaik the rare crafting
recipes were kept but many of them require different ingredients now (i.e. different types of hammers or wood glue or vinegar, stuff that did not exist in game till recently).

Boolan
03-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Wow! Ummm I think this thread went WAY off topic.

Just a general comment here.

The game is in Alpha. You will be lucky if anything is saved. At least when it goes to steam you have the knowledge to play well. Those who would "quit" because they lose anything obviously are not using the alpha in the right frame of mind as you are simply a tester at this point.

Looks like if you support the game through the tiers you get rewards that give you advantages other new players will not ever get. That is only fair because we who are supporting this game financially are the ones who will be giving it life!

Bugs in the game did give some extra advantages which should be wiped.

This game is not a player versus player game so losing your alpha gained anything does not matter.

I tend to like the idea of keeping my char and some skills because higher level chars can help new players as it was in AC. Boolan helped many new players when he was there.

One point one person stated in here was that it may become difficult for leveling and hunting if a lot of new people come in when the game launches. I tend to agree as it is already difficult for instance to hunt the cows in Etibule when say 3 or 4 people are doing the same. Believe that expansion of the territory is in order.
Reason:
If we all lose our chars and levels....we all are going to be in Etibule tryin to kill cows and panthers! hehe.

Anyway it is nice to see the passion you as players have for this game. It once was that way with AC many years ago. This game has much potential for becoming bigger than any other. The only problem I see is with the land mass. It needs to expand greatly to provide for an army of new players!

alleryn
03-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Sorry for continuing this off-topic tangent, but i think it's almost concluded so making a new thread at this point seems a bit excessive. If you disagree or it goes on much longer, i'll start a new one.

"The characters you are building now in alpha will not be completely wiped out at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels". So yeah, we keep the characters and the skill levels and get a money and gear wipe. Citan and other staff members said that quite a few times.

None of that mentions abilities one way or the other, only skill levels, money and items. I don't see anything in that statement inconsisitent with the possibility that the skill levels could be preserved but the abilities would all have to be relearned (and scroll-drop recipes re-found). I appreciate what you are saying about abilities being re-worked, but i think that's a somewhat separate issue from the wipe.

Just getting to keep the unlocks to level 70 translates to a boatload of money (something like 70k+ per skill you've gotten to 70). As the cap rises this will only increase. If abilities are included, that's another heap of cash.

But perhaps more significant are the recipes received from drop scrolls. Even many of the low-level ones are quite difficult to acquire (or maybe i just lack the knowledge, but the ones i've asked about either no one knows or cares to share the information) and i have not been able to find in buy-used sections.

Not really trying to pass judgment on this, just pointing out that as far as i can see, there has been no developer comment on whether abilities and recipes will be preserved or only skill levels. Obviously favor is another big one. That one i've seen asked about multiple times with the response just being "it's still up in the air'.[/quote]

The abilities I mentioned as example are new, implemented iirc with the lvl 70 cap update.
For what it's worth, mangling shot and restorative arrow were added in the Oct 29 update http://projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/new-and-announcements/3329-october-29-update. Not sure about the others.

ShieldBreaker
03-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Sorry for continuing this off-topic tangent, but i think it's almost concluded so making a new thread at this point seems a bit excessive. If you disagree or it goes on much longer, i'll start a new one.

alleryn can't you just work with the information that is given. Just assume that everything but a few skills will be wiped. Use your time and in-game resource to max out your favorite skills. Near wipe, dump all your stored goods into maxing your favorite skills. Anything left over dump into filling out your other skills, abilities and then into favor. Otherwise just play the game like you normally would play. If favor or abilities are not wiped consider it a joyous occasion, if they are you are expecting it and haven't lost anything that you wouldn't have lost anyway. Make it a game in itself, guess what will get wiped and what won't if you guess right and get something that is maxed, that you get to keep, you win.

alleryn
03-04-2017, 11:37 AM
alleryn can't you just work with the information that is given. Just assume that everything but a few skills will be wiped. Use your time and in-game resource to max out your favorite skills. Near wipe, dump all your stored goods into maxing your favorite skills. Anything left over dump into filling out your other skills, abilities and then into favor. Otherwise just play the game like you normally would play. If favor or abilities are not wiped consider it a joyous occasion, if they are you are expecting it and haven't lost anything that you wouldn't have lost anyway. Make it a game in itself, guess what will get wiped and what won't if you guess right and get something that is maxed, that you get to keep, you win.

Sure, i just was wondering if other people were working with information i hadn't seen.

Khaylara
03-05-2017, 02:11 AM
The point of me quoting Citan over and over was to underline that he kept the vagueness on purpose most likely. There's no point picking apart my posts, it's really unimportant when mangling shot was added, the point is we get to keep more than other games allow. No, there's no guarantee that the abilities will all be kept unchanged.

On topic-tbh I don't really wanna post how much i donated or when. I don't even like the idea of being mentioned anywhere (forum or credits). It creates unnecessary friction/animosity/bragging imho and I'd rather not. I think that many players that i know contributed only with the basic package actually contributed way more to the development by playing for a long time and offering invaluable data for years. I think that's a more important contribution than $$.

Tsugumori
03-05-2017, 07:49 AM
I think that many players that i know contributed only with the basic package actually contributed way more to the development by playing for a long time and offering invaluable data for years. I think that's a more important contribution than $$.

"Time is money" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

rastaah
03-05-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm ok with whatever they do but I am new and so for me it is not as big of a loss. I really feel if they fully wipe and someone worked hard for a long time.

I am trying to not overdo it so I don't feel too much pain if they go the wipe route. I feel like they won't though by reading what they say but you never know in games as they say they have to do what is best for the success and longevity of the game.

Khaylara
03-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Speaking of rewards I thought it would be nice if very old players like ErDrick, Awatu, Lyra, Cowinator, maybe even Mortitia :rolleyes: would receive some sort of cool ingame title (even if it's an honorific one) since they contributed quite a lot during the years (not only to development but helped creating the community too).

edit - I forgot BetaNotus, apologies (probably few others for which I apologize in advance)

cratoh
03-06-2017, 02:22 AM
I'm going to just say here that I find it hard to understand why people feel they somehow need to be rewarded. We've had a fun game, and and a fun experience testing. That should be reward in itself. The fact that we've been involved in the game, for free, for months and years. We've made friends, built a community warts and all. I've by turn been happy, frustrated, excited and annoyed. But it's been all the reward I would have expected.

I personally would prefer a full wipe. I've chipped in my thoughts many times in global on the subject and on these forums. My reasoning is simple and I won't go into it.

However, I realise a handful of people who like me have loads of stuff maxed, and millions of councils invested in training don't want to lose it, and therefore I would love it if at launch this server was made a legacy server, and kept running. Maybe as the test server. Just stop new players from rolling characters on it and allow people from alpha to roll on the new servers as well. This would put the discussion to bed once and for all. In fact, then there might not need to be any sort of wipe of anything at all on the legacy server, because it just wouldn't matter.

With a partial wipe, and all skills intact we can land on Anagoge, put the wrong coordinates in and set primary bind in Rahu, level to 10 dying to get to serbule, then run to Eltibule and farm cotton. Then do some surveys and make some level 70 gear. In a day.

Hood
03-06-2017, 03:37 AM
That could work. From what I remember, there will be Shards instead of Servers though. Like Runescape. But labeling one as Legacy would work just fine.

Tsugumori
03-06-2017, 03:56 AM
I could see a legacy server working, not necessarily as -the- test server, but the let's say 'live test server'. However, I see it as kind of pointless for such a server to exist as why would players have any incentive to move to the actual proper servers if they have stuff on the aforementioned legacy one. So in that sense it would matter.

The thing that doesn't matter is the wipe. If a char is multi-capped in trade/combat/misc. your reward is getting to keep some, if not all, of those skills. Also locking off the server to new players? Segregation and special treatment will go down well with future players lol...

That doesn't put the discussion to bed whatsoever though, what should be said is this:
"There is a wipe coming. It's months on top of months away. No one knows for sure what will be wiped for certain, the wipe itself is iffy at best."
"Don't complain about it, what will that honestly accomplish. Don't spend your time on the forums if you're so concerned with it, play the game, level, don't put too much stock in in game items - use what you have to level skills."
" ^ From what has been said in the past money and items has been somewhat set in stone that they'll be wiped, its maybe not a given, but appears more than likely. Anything you have is better off invested in skills as a result."
" . . . 'But what skills do I invest in? I don't want to waste my time!!!!!!' etc etc etc... Seriously? Project Gorgon is a black hole when it comes to time, there is so much to do it's a miracle being able to focus on specific things to level. You're only wasting your own time when you ask a question like that. Level whatever you want, if a partial skill wipe happens and you happen to be one of the unlucky few caught in that, so what? Again, seriously, so what? You'll have the knowledge of where to get things and how to do things so it's not like your time has just been erased."

Khaylara
03-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Time invested in game means you also had fun doing those things. Admittedly I hate redoing some of the skills (like phrenology) but meh, it will go faster next time.

As for rewards, nobody is "expecting" any rewards, the OP referred to the rewards/packages that were/are available to buy. Aka preordering/prebuying the game client. My title reward suggestion referred to only a handful of players and would have no impact on the gameplay, more like a recognition (Citan already named some gear pieces and books after some of these players anyway).

I had no idea Citan was planning on shards/servers, I thought that was only a possibility if the game gets way more players than expected and in that case-providing there's demand for it-he said he'd consider a PvP server (which to me sounded like a very distant future or maybe never).

If anyone would like to post a link to where shards were mentioned?

Silvonis
03-06-2017, 08:14 AM
We don't plan on having additional servers outside the possibility of having a test server unless server population dictates otherwise - which we hope it does!

Khaylara
03-06-2017, 12:39 PM
We don't plan on having additional servers outside the possibility of having a test server unless server population dictates otherwise - which we hope it does!

Thanks, I thought I missed some blog post or interview

rastaah
03-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Well, either way I am loving the game and wipe or not I will continue to love and support it. I am committed now lol. Hardcore.

Mitra
03-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Meanwhile, back on the "Reward Tiers" topic, it would appear that the only way you accept $ is via PayPal? We have one PP account. I have a game account, as does my wife, and two of our foster kids. We would like to make reward-tier donations for each of these accounts. I'd really prefer to use a Visa. Maybe I've just missed it, but is PayPal the only way to make a reward-tier donation? I do see it's possible to make a plain, non-reward-tier donation with a Visa.

Khaylara
03-07-2017, 04:05 AM
Meanwhile, back on the "Reward Tiers" topic, it would appear that the only way you accept $ is via PayPal? We have one PP account. I have a game account, as does my wife, and two of our foster kids. We would like to make reward-tier donations for each of these accounts. I'd really prefer to use a Visa. Maybe I've just missed it, but is PayPal the only way to make a reward-tier donation? I do see it's possible to make a plain, non-reward-tier donation with a Visa.

It's not possible to make all purchases using one Paypal account? If you're worried about the game key and rewards being linked to that email, I believe you just receive the game keys via email and then you can apply them to whichever account(s) you choose to. In case I'm wrong I hope you get a more precise answer from Silvonis

Silvonis
03-07-2017, 05:47 AM

You can purchase multiple packages with a single PayPal account. Just to clear it up, the Visa option for non-reward tier donations is processed through PayPal. You can still pay with your Visa as PayPal allows you to choose your payment option.