PDA

View Full Version : A mute button / checkbox

Neferent
02-25-2017, 08:42 AM
Hi,

This may or may not be a simple suggestion, but a mute option in the sound options window would be nice.

Sometimes I play a movie or show for the little ones through the computer and it would be nice to login to do a few things without druid spells or ocarina music blaring through the surround sound. The sliders as they are now do the job, but requires me to memorize the perfect sound settings for when I turn the sound back on, a quick checkbox or something (that remembers slider settings) would make this much less of a hassle.

Again, a mute option would be nice, but its really not important at all.

Thanks for the consideration :D

Greyfyn
02-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Hi Neferent,

I've had to do a lot of adjusting with the Gorgon Sounds. Player music is shut off unless I'm actively involved with the musicians, for example. I wonder if the new UI will include new functions. It will be fun to see.

The best way to get suggestions and bug reports to the developers and make sure that they have your comments in the database is to use the ! button in game. Discussions and suggestions here are read, but the in-game reporting method receives more focus. You won't necessarily get a response, but the devs say the reports are easier to address when they are in the database.

Neferent
02-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the tip Greyfyn,

Its not really a bug so I didn't really think to report it that way. Later today I'll put it through that way.

I think it would make sense for the new UI to have more options like these, and if they are not already coded or planned maybe a mute option could sneak in with the new UI. I think a command line argument similar to the special graphic options such as '-nosound' could also be handy.

alleryn
02-25-2017, 10:02 AM
Its not really a bug so I didn't really think to report it that way.

There are some radio buttons at the top of the report dialog that allow you to select amongst bug, suggestion, etc.

alleryn
03-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Neferent As a workaround, it might be worth checking if your OS has a volume mixer. On my windows computer, i can right click the volume icon in the system tray to open up a volume mixer that allows me to selectively mute applications.

Neferent
03-06-2017, 08:36 AM
Neferent As a workaround, it might be worth checking if your OS has a volume mixer. On my windows computer, i can right click the volume icon in the system tray to open up a volume mixer that allows me to selectively mute applications.

Thank You! :)

I can't believe that I missed that. It will definitely use that as a workaround. Luckily the login screen is 'part' of the game client and has no sound so I have time to mute it before I log in but after the client is running. ;)