PDA

View Full Version : Salvaging

MorKazim
02-24-2017, 04:13 AM
Hello,

can we have "Salvaging" like AC1 had?

"Salvaging is the crafting process of destroying loot generated items and obtaining portions of the raw materials in return. "

thank you. (I am reading AC1 wiki :o ...)

ShubiMaja
02-24-2017, 05:00 AM
Hello,

can we have "Salvaging" like AC1 had?

"Salvaging is the crafting process of destroying loot generated items and obtaining portions of the raw materials in return. "

thank you. (I am reading AC1 wiki :o ...)

Currently you can use transmutation (http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Transmutation)to get back phlog from any enchanted item which can in turn be used to reroll individual stats of a item with certain limitations.

Reclaiming materials in general is an interesting idea though

Tsugumori
02-24-2017, 05:37 AM
"I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past." - M.R.

Be grateful for the past mate - but PG is PG. Without AC there may never have been a PG, but that doesn't mean we need it now. <4

(As Shubi said - transmutation exists and then there is the augmentation skills for alteration)

ShieldBreaker
02-24-2017, 06:19 AM
I certain like the idea in principle, I just fear that it would be a huge amount of data entry for the devs. Who knows, maybe it is already planned or it is already a most requested feature.

Suravi
02-24-2017, 09:57 PM
Srand actually worked on tinkering and salvaging with AC back in... 2002? 2003? So, she already has practice with it.

Not that it means it will come to PG, of course.

In AC, material types were randomly determined on loot. This was true before tinkering/salvaging were introduced. Afterwards they were used to break down the items into the materials, and those materials given meaning in the newly added tinkering system.

Right now, PG loot is either metal, cloth, or leather (correct me if I'm wrong on this). So the diverse array of materials would take work to shoehorn into the current loot generation system.

ShubiMaja
02-25-2017, 10:00 AM
I think the suggestion is valid as it stands. Whether or not is worth the time to implement is for the developers to decide. ;)

The main question to ask is probably, how much immersion would being able to break things down add to the game, and is it worth the effort for that amount of immersion?

Eachna
02-26-2017, 03:30 PM
I'd really enjoy being able to recover materials from crafted items. If the devs don't want to go for a full breakdown skill, they could make use of the existing barter system.

Hand in a pair of level 50 shoes => get back some of the mats used to make a pair of level 50 shoes. It could be a fixed return (as barter is now) or they could add a random element to specific NPCs. *If* there were some randomness one of the rewards offered for skills like Lore or Civic Pride could be a bonus to that percentage roll (simulating a skill gain as you level the other skill).

That would give a similar in-game effect to having a dedicated Salvaging skill without going to the effort of mapping out what will eventually have to be a level 100 (120?) trade skill balanced to be as interesting as all the other trade skills.