PDA

View Full Version : server connection timed out

kato
10-15-2020, 03:31 AM
so been playing game no problem i switch from an iphone to android and now get server timed out error on my hotspot any ideas tyvm

ShieldBreaker
10-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Okay have to assume you are using Steam Remote Play. Don't have an android device, so winging it here. First check if there are any internet security programs or setting that might be effecting Project: Gorgon or Steam. What you might need to do is get something like DNS Changer and use a different DNS, might need to figure out which DNS are available to you. Sorry can't be very helpful, you might be the only player using this kind of setup.

kato
10-15-2020, 06:53 AM
mobile hotspot works like wifi in a home its regular steam sorry whats dns ty

ShieldBreaker
10-15-2020, 08:00 AM
DNS is Domain Name Server, it turns urls into ip numbers. Sometimes changing your DNS helps with running games on mobile. If it is a DNS issue it might resolve itself on its own in time. Not sure why it would work on iphone and not android.

Figger1
10-15-2020, 08:17 AM
can you play PG on your phone?

kato
10-15-2020, 10:05 AM
i use phone as hotspot and play on my laptop

ShieldBreaker
10-15-2020, 10:19 AM
Maybe this following article will be useful, the setting changing info is closer to the end of the article.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/drastically-speed-up-your-android-phones-hotspot-with-this-simple-setting/

Silvonis
10-15-2020, 10:53 PM
Essentially, he is using an Android device to function as a wireless router to which he contacts his computer to for internet access. To that end, has your service changed at all? If not, then there's something causing a connection issue with your Android's hopspot/internet sharing settings.

kato
10-16-2020, 02:31 AM
silvonis exactly right not sure about service thats my next step where do i find share settings tyvm

Silvonis
10-16-2020, 03:27 AM
silvonis exactly right not sure about service thats my next step where do i find share settings tyvm

Do you know who you get your phone/internet service through? Is it the same company that you had with the iPhone?

kato
10-16-2020, 03:38 AM
yes same t mobile

kato
10-16-2020, 03:40 AM
strange thing too is that it works at home using hotspot

3lfk1ng
10-22-2020, 11:46 AM
Serbule is in a really bad state right now.
On all three of my characters:
Cannot talk in Global chat.
Cannot talk to NPCs.
Cannot take a portal to another zone.

I see others running in-place for several seconds before they rubberband into place.
What's odd is that upon logging in, Serbule loads near-instantly(almost no loading screen) but then it slowly has to populate the scene and I cannot move during that time.

Please fix!