PDA

View Full Version : Playing Demo and have a few questions

Scotto
09-04-2020, 02:55 PM
hello all,

I am currently playing the demo and this is brining me back to the good old days of when EQ first came out. I don't want a lot of tips. I don't want to know where things are. I love taking my time and exploring the areas and so far I like it a lot. My question is how big is the full game compared to the demo version area? I got off the island and am enjoying the starting area even with all the restrictions. I love just trying to learn the game play without looking things up. Took me a while to figure out having a dagger in my offhand does nothing without figuring out how to train in the skill. guessing I need to find a trainer somewhere in the world.

anyway hoping the the main game is a lot bigger than the starting area before I make the buy. if it is only 4-8 areas of the same size then not sure it will be a big enough game at this point to buy.

I miss the days of EQ and EQ2. was in my first guild in EQ2 and stopped gaming MMOs when my daughters were born. well they are 14 now (twins) so I have some free time. have been looking for a good game for years. got into Wurm for a while but not enough adventure in that game once you get a few things set up. anyway happy to meet you all and if you can let me know what you like about the game that would help make my decision to buy it would be appreciated.

ShieldBreaker
09-04-2020, 04:19 PM
In the Demo you have access to the First 3 zones.

There are another 8 zones already in game, so currently there are 11 zones, with lots of attached dungeons. The starting Island is a small zone, a lot of other zones are much larger. Keep playing the demo and get a feel for the 3 zones you have access to. If still a bit worried you could keep checking back to get news about when new zones are added until it sounds like there is enough.