PDA

View Full Version : Head Item (all armor types)

Eachna
02-20-2017, 12:17 PM
I'd like to be able to see the back of my toon's head all the time without sacrificing the head slot for defense. I have an ioun stone in the bank for when I reach level 60 in Pyschology but Psychology isn't one of my main skills, so even when I finally get my Psych that level it'll be kind of wasted.

Could we get a circlet, or a way to craft ioun stones, or *something* that allows us to create a head slot item that doesn't block the view of the head?

It could even be something slightly weird/creepy like: "Pocket skull. This enchanted skull provides defensive bonuses and skill mods for your head. Best not to ask how it works."

I'd ask that it have the same armor rating as a cloth hood. Depending on the materials used, it could be a Blacksmithing item, or something more exotic (Shamanic Infusion? Necromancy?)

tofugunk
02-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Theres already monger's boon. Not sure if you already knew about it, but it basically just a rotating rock around your players head. its a drop only right now though.(afaik)

ShieldBreaker
02-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Is the reason you want this so most of the time your character looks more the way you want? If that is the case an option/command that allows you to only make your helmet and weapons visible only during combat might be useful to you and other players. I heard a number of times in chat "how do I sheath my weapon?". I also generally unequip my Boon during the day and sometime unequip head gear when going into towns, which is something I don't mind doing but occasionally forget to reequip before battle.

Eachna
02-20-2017, 02:15 PM
Theres already monger's boon. Not sure if you already knew about it, but it basically just a rotating rock around your players head. its a drop only right now though.(afaik)

The pink rotating rocks are what I was referring to when I said "ioun stone". I didn't know the real name (thanks for that). I have one that's level 60 but it's for a skill I won't use much. I've been looking for others but they're very shy.

Being able to craft the Boons, or something else to go in the slot, would be right handy.

Is the reason you want this so most of the time your character looks more the way you want?

That's half of it. I want my character to look the way I want while also having mods in her gear. Since I've almost out-leveled Kur I've just been going hoodless. That'll have to change when I finish in Kur and go back to Rahu or try Gazluk. I'll need every gear slot then.

Thinking about it, a way to shut off the hood would be equally useful as long as other players didn't see it either. I want to stare at the back of my toon's head and I want other people to see her the way I want her seen. :D.

A slot item with no (or only small) art assets seems like less work than re-doing the way models display but maybe it wouldn't be.

Whatever's easiest.

Tagamogi
02-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Thinking about it, a way to shut off the hood would be equally useful as long as other players didn't see it either. I want to stare at the back of my toon's head and I want other people to see her the way I want her seen. :D.

A slot item with no (or only small) art assets seems like less work than re-doing the way models display but maybe it wouldn't be.

Whatever's easiest.
Yes, something along those lines would be great. I'm assuming it may happen in the far future - probably not a high priority right now. I also liked the EQ system of being able to slot a cosmetic item to modify the look of any piece of armor.

I briefly made an in-town loadout to be hoodless and switch into some nicer clothes but gave up maintaining it as too much work for now. I guess I'll learn to like my hood.

Eachna
02-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Yes, something along those lines would be great. I'm assuming it may happen in the far future - probably not a high priority right now. I also liked the EQ system of being able to slot a cosmetic item to modify the look of any piece of armor.

I would love a full cosmetics system like DCU, Rift, or DDO/LOTRO. I doubt it will happen. It would be a lot of work, and coding a cosmetic system is basically an implied promise to churn out a *lot* of art assets.

I have a loadout I use in town sometimes. I put my instrument and dancing in as the combat skills. It's annoying because sometimes an idle player will keep spawning Ursula and if I don't have a real attack I can't kill her (or a wolf will spawn in town or get dragged in). Once I'm in combat I have to run away in order to switch to a combat skill. I probably need to start carrying poisoned knives or something, but my bags feel full enough.

Greyfyn
02-25-2017, 09:43 AM
If you have enough loadout slots, there is an easy way to not have a helmet visible.

Just make one of your loadout saves the way you want and flip to it for a naked headslot look. And then when you need to fight, use another loadout. Since I'm running more than one skill-line, changing loadouts is something I constantly do anyway.

Also, having the loadouts is fairly new. I rather doubt that further developments will happen any time soon.