PDA

View Full Version : Beast forms and Game Release.

Jen
07-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Hello! I heard there maybe a wipe of sorts on release and wondered if beast forms will be wiped away as well? I have been very happy playing as a Rabbit character, and really hopeful the current forms of the characters will remain the same.

Sheawanna
07-10-2020, 04:24 PM
To hazard a guess , I'd say based on all conversations and hearsay .all loot all cash will be ZERO . so having said that I hear skills are kept . So animal forms are a skillset :):):) .. just a guess but who knows .

Jen
07-10-2020, 04:50 PM
I genuinely hope it is a skillset along with the skillset itself, I find it both comical and adorable finishing quests and defeating big beasts as one. One of the main reasons i picked up the game was seeing that adorableness. :) But I know if it is wiped, it likely won't be found for a long time from now sadly, as it seems to be a special event only item, and my main skillset is bunny skills. I thought it would be a permanent changed until one chooses to cure, so, it's why i am wanting to know for sure if it still will be there after release.
Items, and coin, and even favor i would not be upset at all about, but if the animal form is wiped I would be very sad.

Mbaums
07-10-2020, 07:50 PM
The skill itself is totally safe. But the curse is an interesting question. I think we'd need a rum comment. I would assume this stays because the verbage on what's gone never mentions curses.

Jen
07-10-2020, 10:55 PM
If it can be confirmed for sure, that would be wonderful. I don't want to assume on this because it means a sour surprise if it happens.

Citan
07-11-2020, 09:33 AM
It's still a ways away, but the general plan is to wipe all Effects on the player, which will undo any animal forms, as well as all other curses, buffs, and debuffs. But you raise an interesting dilemma that will be shared by a few other animal forms. We might be able to squeeze something in for those cases, it'll depend on how the details shake out when we get closer to that point.

Niph
07-11-2020, 10:42 AM
I suggest to code a special case for animal forms obtained from potions, and add a Cow Potion so that Pig, Deer, Rabbit, Spider and Cow are covered (but not Giant Bat).

ShieldBreaker
07-11-2020, 11:02 AM
I was thinking of maybe suggesting, have Norbert standing outside Serbule Keep after the wipe. I figured bunny would be the transformation of choice given that it is a difficult one to get, but if you could make a special version that let you dialog tree talk you way to any form that would be a nice touch.

Mbaums
07-11-2020, 06:54 PM
I would like a solution where an NPC in Serbule remembers you says something like, hey didnt you have {a bushy tail|fangs and wings|antlers etc} and offer you a potion to change into an animal. But I think it would need to work where you must have had the long-term animal behavior title recently. Like you were a life-long ham and servers go life, now you have 3 hours of logging to get back to Serbule. That should cover the most extreme cases of a Fae re-doing the quest line with 100s of people logging in to get out of the newbie area (or you can obviously use an alt to craft a word of power and get to Serb asap).

Vish
07-13-2020, 07:55 AM
But
There will be option to change character look and sex at release and i dont know how to did it with no remove animal form? to much time-waste to code it for small team i think, better remove all animal form to allow players tweak/change they character look and then they can run for potions to change into animal form (more time wise for dev team than not removing aniamls forms and still alow characters to change look?)

Mikhaila
07-14-2020, 11:36 AM
Players will be adjusting their looks, maybe you could just add an option down at the bottom to have the animal effect added as you log in?

"If you were playing as an animal before, (or want to take a walk on the wild side) then select one of the options below to start the game as an animal. "
"Warning: This change may be difficult to undo. Only choose the option to start the game as an animal if you fully understand the implications. Changing back from an animal form may involve killing a boss, or finding a rare or expensive potion".

Existing players should know the implications.

A new player has little risk, they can just make a new character.