PDA

View Full Version : Does none know how mitigation is calculated?

overtyped
05-04-2020, 03:11 PM
I noticed that it's not stated ANYWHERE on the forums how damage mitgation is calculated. I saw posts about mitigation but what good is that if it tells you nothing much. This game has been out for years, are none of you interested in how it works?.. concerning. Here's what i'm trying to learn:

Unarmed mod gives you 10% physical dmg reduction. However, is this 10% reduction calculated BEFORE or AFTER the flat mitigation? THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

-Flat mitigation is what your armor gives you, or gear/mods gives you-

Yaffy
07-14-2020, 09:25 PM
I noticed that it's not stated ANYWHERE on the forums how damage mitgation is calculated. I saw posts about mitigation but what good is that if it tells you nothing much. This game has been out for years, are none of you interested in how it works?.. concerning. Here's what i'm trying to learn:

Unarmed mod gives you 10% physical dmg reduction. However, is this 10% reduction calculated BEFORE or AFTER the flat mitigation? THIS IS A BIG DIFFERENCE.

-Flat mitigation is what your armor gives you, or gear/mods gives you-

The order is "Inherent vulnerabilities" -> flat damage reduction -> Percentage based reduction.

If you open up your character page, one of the sections you can see is "Inherent vulnerabilities". This is usually granted by equipment items that give you resistance to certain damage types, meditation resistance, and certain skills like Blocking Stance, Elemental Ward and Cryogenic freeze which give you a large amount of resistance to the appropriate elements.

Mods such as Unarmed's damage resistance and "Energy fields" which reduce physical damage do not affect your inherent vulnerability stat, and are therefore calculated after flat damage reductions.