PDA

View Full Version : Generic Leg Augmentation Removal?

Glythe
03-13-2020, 10:43 AM
In the past I have tried removing the +1 speed augment from pants and it has resulted in the destruction of the item. Someone recently bought a +1 leg speed augment from an npc and linked it in chat.

1. Has anyone tried removing a leg run speed augment post patch?
2. What gem did you use if you made it work?

alleryn
03-13-2020, 11:38 AM
It doesn't require a gem to undo an augment. Use the "Undo Augment" recipe, not "Extract Augment" (the latter of which does destroy the item and crystal in the process).

Not totally sure what you are trying to do / whether this is answering your question.

Coglin
03-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Augmentations now can be loot drops from mine. Perhaps it was a loot drop sold to an NPC.

cr00cy
03-14-2020, 07:43 AM
You can extract mods that are not associated with any skill with Goshenite - or at leats that is what its tooltip says. i never tried it myself

alleryn
03-14-2020, 08:23 AM
http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Game_updates/2018-06-20

"When extracting an Augment from an item, you can now extract generic (non-skill-specific) powers by using any of the "desert gems": Turquoise, Sapphire, Emerald, Morganite, Sunstone, Tiger's Eye, Opal, Goshenite, Danburite, and Ruby. Previously these gems did nothing when used with extraction, so for now they are all assigned to generic-augment extraction. Eventually some of these gems will be needed for other things, though. So just to make it official, Sunstones and Goshenites are the permanent generic-augment-extraction gems. Some of the others may be reassigned to do other things in the relatively-distant future -- 3+ months from now."

Glythe
03-18-2020, 11:03 PM
Those gems were able to exract some of the generic mods in the past. You could not extract everything however - like run speed on pants previously.

alleryn
03-19-2020, 08:23 AM
Those gems were able to exract some of the generic mods in the past. You could not extract everything however - like run speed on pants previously.

Was the inability to extract that mod potentially a bug or do we have confirmation that is intended behavior?

Mbaums
03-19-2020, 11:05 AM

They patched it so that the remove-mod does not break the item (or last I tested it). Try again with a lesser bead, because the mod in question is likely below level 60. Some mods only exist at specific levels, so it makes removing generic mods with desert gems tricky.

Glythe
03-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Was the inability to extract that mod potentially a bug or do we have confirmation that is intended behavior?

Someone found a +1 speed leg mod on a vendor and linked it in chat - so it is obviously available as a drop now (no one crafted it).