PDA

View Full Version : Creepy girls in Serb

Zoelle
02-12-2017, 02:41 AM
I'm going to make a post regarding this because I doubt that it will be addressed via a login window letting everyone know that "the creepy girls in serb are oK." And the bozos that were stalking and heckling me ingame didn't have the decency to believe me when I said I was muling and didn't take the time to make a post about it on the forums.

Most of my rl friends have always been guys and it was because I wasn't interested in hair, makeup, clothes or the petty gossip that teen girls were engaging in when I was a teen. I would have never dreamt in 2002 when one of my guy friends handed me a box for my birthday and said, here come game with me that I would be entering those teen wonder years again.

I started playing PG last month and quickly realized I needed mules, so I have mules. Per the devs, mule accounts are allowed. Plus I like to play various toons. I am a middle aged woman, my husband games, I have no kids and a lot of time on my hands.

While I personally feel no obligation to explain myself to others I am guessing based on what happened this weekend that if I don't post about it I'll never hear the end of it.

People have ventured over while I have been muling and asked what're you doing, I've answered muling.

Friday night a gent ventured over and said cockily, "What sketchy thing is going on over here?" I answered muling. As I was headed back out to do stuff I left the area. I typically just let the mules time out on their own and when I need to mule all I have to do is log them back on. Apparently this male did a guild call to arms, the next thing I know I am being poked, prodded, heckled and stalked by other cocky males. Given the number of drunks, drug users and simple stupidity of others I ignored them knowing the mules would eventually log. But, being female I did notice names.

So today I received a message from Srand, we chatted and she determined I was doing nothing wrong. But she mentioned that she's gotten a lot of messages about the creepy girls in Serb.

Look gentlemen, as a female I lack that body part that you guys have that makes you want to compare size, stats and brag. While it may be hard to believe that people simply want to play a game and not have a pissing contest, it is true. I will never be the highest level, I will never be rich ingame or have the best armor. I simply don't care about those things, I am just killing time.

I see the 99% male population of these games bitching and whining ingame and on the forums about what others are doing or not doing. How one persons game style is wrong and that people need to play how the poster sees fit. Well the devs make those determinations and frankly no wonder gaming companies don't pay attention to all that whining. You guys are acting like those old busy body women that peek out their windows looking for something to gossip about. That is creepy.

You complain about unfairness and things not being on equal footing. Well life isn't fair or equal, I can attest to that. While I've never verbalized this outside of my family, the tackiness of the hecklers the other night leads me to make this statement....

I am dying from an illness that I didn't cause, it can't be cured and I refuse to take the meds that would dope me up to alleviate the pain. As a female I can get pregnant and kill my own kid before its born (abortion) but euthanasia is illegal so no doctor can put me out of my misery. So by all means if you creepy gamers want to spend all your time worrying that someone is going to screw you out of a loot item or gold or whatever else it is that you guys create in your warped minds please keep me out of it. I will be mostly soloing mobs and foraging until God sees fit to put me out of this earthly misery.

On the positive side, I got a tell from Srand and she's a delightful person.

Also posting a pic of my office. Now you can bitch about something real. <3

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q433/zthali/stuff/23c02742-cb02-42cc-b139-233f0645a839_zpsdujdqbe3.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/zthali/media/stuff/23c02742-cb02-42cc-b139-233f0645a839_zpsdujdqbe3.jpg.html)

PlewT
02-12-2017, 03:38 AM
What a great post!

this addresses in a very well mannered way one of many issues with player - player interaction in a lot of mmo's.
Players don't all have the same ambitions about the game they play, or even the same goals!

of course if there is suspecion of "cheating" eg. breaking CoC and by devs deffined rules of playing, it should be reported, and then the admins can look into it. but come on, PG has a mature audience, let's act that way!

cratoh
02-12-2017, 04:37 AM
There is a lot of self-righteous shit in game, and a lot of people get upset at the thought that maybe somehow someone else will have something more than them, and in order for that to happen they imagine that the only way that person can do it is by cheating.

As you are not cheating, and the dev team is small, and personal and nice then you are fine. Glad you got to meet Srand, she makes it a pleasure to play.

Finbarr.

Hood
02-12-2017, 04:43 AM
I'm very impressed with your setup! It's mind-boggling to me.

Tsugumori
02-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Look gentlemen, as a female I lack that body part that you guys have that makes you want to compare size, stats and brag. While it may be hard to believe that people simply want to play a game and not have a pissing contest, it is true.

Holy.

Shit.

YOU GO, GIRL!

I'm sorry that stuff happened to you, sincerely, but if it hadn't I wouldn't have gotten to read that amazing line.

I thank you.

Khaylara
02-12-2017, 09:15 AM
I am sorry to hear about your illness. However, being female myself and with about the same "stats" as you I can truly say I have never been harassed or attacked for being female. It's not sexism or anything similar, people simply thought it was something fishy with your chars. I have seen your char(s) in Eltibule garden and I was under the same impression, they looked fishy to me (probably because you don't interact much with other players which is your choice and nothing wrong with it).

I don't know why but this is the first game I haven't been hit on or asked for my Skype or anything similar. Reports are made out of caution but since you did nothing wrong nothing will happen to you or your account(s). Just don't read too much into it, it's neither sexism nor anything targeted specifically at female players.

sudostahp
02-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Given the number of drunks, drug users and simple stupidity of others I ignored them knowing the mules would eventually log. But, being female I did notice names.

Look gentlemen, as a female I lack that body part that you guys have that makes you want to compare size, stats and brag.

That sure seems like a lot of unnecessary baggage. The ultimate irony is that nobody knows, or likely even cares what sex or gender you are in-game. Males can play female characters and female characters can play male characters. Several characters standing around in a circle is an oddity, and it's going to draw attention. With the exception of Crusader Khaylara, I can't imagine why anyone would report it.

Zoelle
02-12-2017, 06:43 PM
In response to this comment on another thread:

...people simply thought it was something fishy with your chars. I have seen your char(s) in Eltibule garden and I was under the same impression, they looked fishy to me (probably because you don't interact much with other players which is your choice and nothing wrong with it).

So fishy is growing cotton on a single toon at Elt farm, running to the water, filling water jars, making fertilizer and then growing cotton.

Alas Eric, Srand and dev team the game has been enjoyable up until this weekend. Given the small community it is a shame that the recent players to the game feel unwelcomed. I do wish you the best and fortunately this happened before my husband and I each spent $1,000 on Duke package.