PDA

View Full Version : Questions I've been meaning to ask for awhile now.

ShieldBreaker
12-24-2016, 11:32 PM
I have wondered about these items in game for a while now.

1) Are animals supposed to be able to do regular first aid? You got the healing bombs, but normal first aid works fine for animals is this right?

2) When looking in a smaller crate than you have used before, you see more items than the smaller crate should hold. You can't add things back in once you take them out, spaces are not created till you get down to the proper level of the crates spaces. So is this all by design or is this just wrong?

3) Hunting Quest? When you take a quest by killing one of the creatures that has a crown symbol, you get what seems to me too broad a grouping of mobs to kill. The one that seemed the most wrong is killing regular panthers counts as Fey panthers if you have that quest. Now we were instructed by the patch notes that bear hunting was oddly broad and panthers groupies counted on bears as well or something like that. Wonder about Hunting Black Widow spiders, but any spider will do for the quest. And not sure about sheep in Kur counting for the quest started in South Serbule, but maybe that is fine, no idea. How is it supposed to work?

4)Is there an actual extra death penalty in Sun Vale? You are warned that there is, but I have never seen it.

5)The Goblin Ultashk is he completed or just a placeholder at the moment?

6)Is Iocaine supposed to be in the spicy chicken recipe? Anything else you add Iocaine to turns it into deadly poison, but not spicy chicken. Would it make sense to suggest that it be changed because it doesn't make sense or is it supposed to be prepared in just a certain way that negates the poison aspect.

Any thoughts on these issues welcomed.

cr00cy
12-25-2016, 03:18 AM
1) I belive its bug. I vaguely remeber some talk about it few months back. It was (is?) caused by wearing gloves - basicly if you have gloves equiped in animal form you can use it. But from what i know you shoudlnt be. Thats why we have heling bombs and surival instinct - to cover firts aid/armor patching for animals.

2) Sorry dont know. I dont use crates at all.

3) If you get kill quest for sheep any sheep will count, since its nto zone specyfic (i belive). Also yeh i noticed that this kill categories are a bit too broad.

4) From what i know - no. I never noticed any. Where are wewarned about it? I dont recall seeing anything like that.

5)idk

6)Well i was wonderign about it too. I mean, im wolf, and as such i ate a lot of strange things, but eating dish with iocaine mushroom in it is a bit unsettling...

ShieldBreaker
12-25-2016, 12:40 PM
About the warning of death penalty for Sun Vale, it is talked about by the boatman that takes you to Sun Vale.

cr00cy
12-26-2016, 06:25 AM
About the warning of death penalty for Sun Vale, it is talked about by the boatman that takes you to Sun Vale.

You mena he will keep any items sea will wash away? I think its just lore stuff.

ShieldBreaker
12-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Thought of another question

Question 7)
You see Suspicious Cow on top of a rock. Suspicious Cow is on top of that same rock day after day. You figure that pathfinding is likely to blame and will get fixed when Unity gets it fixed. Is this something to put in a bug report? It is not breaking the game and the cause is well known or is it something that the devs prefer to know about and will manually save Suspicious Cow from her predicament?

Extractum11
01-06-2017, 11:21 AM
AFAIK the devs have always said to report bugs even if you think other people have already reported them or that they know about them.

Hood
01-15-2017, 03:00 AM
2) When looking in a smaller crate than you have used before, you see more items than the smaller crate should hold. You can't add things back in once you take them out, spaces are not created till you get down to the proper level of the crates spaces. So is this all by design or is this just wrong?

ShieldBreaker, so this is difficult to explain, but imagine you have access to the largest crate in the game (it has the most empty slots) and you are in the middle of a lab run. Hypothetically, (since I can't recall) this crate has 30 slots. You unload 30 items into that crate to free up space in your inventory for the rest of the lab run. But, when you get back to town, the person who dropped that huge crate doesn't have another huge one to drop. They only have a small one with 8 slots. When you open that crate, you're staring into the same "storage dimension" as you were before, but with far less "deposit slots". Luckily, when you begin removing items from this smaller crate, as each item is deposited into your inventory, the empty spot it left behind is filled up by the next item in the "storage dimension". This allows you to remove all 30 items from the 8 slot crate, but if you were to deposit new items there, you'd only have access to the smaller crate's 8 slots.

Make sense?

ShieldBreaker
01-15-2017, 04:35 AM
ShieldBreaker, so this is difficult to explain, but imagine you have access to the largest crate in the game (it has the most empty slots) and you are in the middle of a lab run. Hypothetically, (since I can't recall) this crate has 30 slots. You unload 30 items into that crate to free up space in your inventory for the rest of the lab run. But, when you get back to town, the person who dropped that huge crate doesn't have another huge one to drop. They only have a small one with 8 slots. When you open that crate, you're staring into the same "storage dimension" as you were before, but with far less "deposit slots". Luckily, when you begin removing items from this smaller crate, as each item is deposited into your inventory, the empty spot it left behind is filled up by the next item in the "storage dimension". This allows you to remove all 30 items from the 8 slot crate, but if you were to deposit new items there, you'd only have access to the smaller crate's 8 slots.

Make sense?

hmmm, maybe. I really should do more testing with crates. Not sure if it matters, it seems to be working well enough. Just worried that it isn't working as designed.

FelMonk
01-15-2017, 05:49 AM

Make sense?

Makes perfect sense, well stated. But then, I've a quirky mind! Thanks for the esplainin', loved it.

Hood
01-15-2017, 06:30 AM
Makes perfect sense, well stated. But then, I've a quirky mind! Thanks for the esplainin', loved it.

hmmm, maybe. I really should do more testing with crates. Not sure if it matters, it seems to be working well enough. Just worried that it isn't working as designed.

Thanks :) This is definitely how I've seen it function in-game this past year, so it should be pretty close to factual.

Yaksnot
01-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Seriously the walk away here was "storage dimension" thats awesome!

Citan
01-19-2017, 07:44 PM
1 - animals are not supposed to be able to use regular First Aid kits, and I thought I'd fixed that one

2 - the explanations in this thread are correct and the intended behavior!

3 - if a hunting quest seems overbroad, please report it. I'd have to look at each situation to tell if it's appropriate or not

4- no

5- not done yet

6- definitely a bug!

7- we like knowing that an NPC is getting stuck (in case we can fix it by adjusting their wander positions), so do please report them! But we don't usually bother manually un-sticking them on the live server unless they're stuck inside a rock or are otherwise hard to find. We just wait for them to be reset when the server restarts.

Thanks!

ShieldBreaker
01-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the replies all
Citan thank you very much also for taking time to clear things up.

1- If the big patch wasn't coming up I'd go animal and double check. Once I take an animal form I'll submit in-game a report.

2- okay

3 & 7- will do.

4 & 5 - good to know

6- will double check and submit report as needed.

Crissa
01-20-2017, 12:43 AM
1) I know we're not supposed to, but until the parts are readily available, why would you change it? You'd make it very difficult for low level animals to ... do anything.

cr00cy
01-20-2017, 04:35 AM
Ok hijackign threat for a bit, since ther eis one thgn that bugged me for soem time:

What is this teleportation circle on the bottom of the lake in Etibule for? I always wondered about it, since it doesnt seem like good idea to swim there just to teleport. There is no dungeon enterance that i know of close to it, there is nothign interestign there at all - except of few slugs. And now, with how limited breath meter is, i think its quite possible to drow before one can even use this circle.

So, yeh, why it is there?

Crissa
01-20-2017, 04:33 PM
This is an exploration game. It totally makes sense to swim to it.

It's the second lowest level dungeon, soloable early

alleryn
01-20-2017, 05:35 PM
This is an exploration game. It totally makes sense to swim to it.

It's the second lowest level dungeon, soloable early

I sense some confusion here (possibly mine). I feel like cr00cy is talking about the teleport platform underwater near the waterfall in Eitibule and Crissa is talking about the portal to the sewers.

BetaNotus
01-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Ok hijackign threat for a bit, since ther eis one thgn that bugged me for soem time:

What is this teleportation circle on the bottom of the lake in Etibule for? I always wondered about it, since it doesnt seem like good idea to swim there just to teleport. There is no dungeon enterance that i know of close to it, there is nothign interestign there at all - except of few slugs. And now, with how limited breath meter is, i think its quite possible to drow before one can even use this circle.

So, yeh, why it is there?

Don't quote me on this, and for some reason I can't find any reference to it anymore, but I'm pretty sure there was going to be something underwater in that area, which clearly hasn't happened yet. There's another, much more interesting Teleportation Circle in Eltibule anyways...

Crissa
01-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Doh. Eh, whatever ^-^

There's a bunch of things in Eltibule under water. Half of the wandering NPCs' (cow, yelling lady) paths go under water, too.

cr00cy
01-21-2017, 03:30 AM
Don't quote me on this, and for some reason I can't find any reference to it anymore, but I'm pretty sure there was going to be something underwater in that area, which clearly hasn't happened yet. There's another, much more interesting Teleportation Circle in Eltibule anyways...

Well, i tough so. ANd which circle you talking about?

Citan
01-21-2017, 03:52 AM
A correction: I'd forgotten that we decided animals CAN use first aid kits (but not armor repair kits); that is intended behavior and not a bug.

ShieldBreaker
01-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Animal life will be much easier now for me, I've avoided using the First Aid because I was worried it wasn't suppose to be available.