PDA

View Full Version : Private information not shared

Greyfyn
02-11-2017, 11:49 PM
Hi.

I just noticed that you have a birthday comment on the front page of the forum. And that you have announced birthday greetings. From my perspective, that is personal information that I would not want to have shared publicly. Since we were required to give a birthdate to register on the forums, members are pretty much stuck with this.

Please reconsider that all personal information should be private. There is a way to hide that information on user settings, but if someone doesn't recognize the issue, it's too late.

And even if people didn't give their right birthdays, because they were smart, it makes the birthday announcement even sillier.

Silvonis
02-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I've already discussed the need for correct birthday information and providing false information is against the Terms that you agree to when registering. All users should fill out their profiles completely and accurately. That includes setting up their privacy settings. That said, I'll consider your feedback as we continue to improve the forums features.