PDA

View Full Version : Guild size restrictions???

LaRaj
02-11-2017, 07:03 PM
My guild has almost reached the 250 person capacity and we had been hoping that leveling our guild would increase the overall max capacity, but if I understand correctly leveling the guild won't actually help us to accomplish this goal. Why is there a cap limit and are there any plans to increase or remove the guild cap. We are a very active guild and I would hate to turn away anyone who wished to join. Thank you!
-LaRaj

Greyfyn
02-11-2017, 09:06 PM
I've been looking back at the development of guild size in relationship to guild quests in the old forum.

Here are the patch notes from when that was introduced: http://projectgorgon.com/forum/new-and-announcements/2568-may-23-2016-patch-notes

And here is a follow-up from patch notes after that: http://projectgorgon.com/forum/new-and-announcements/2661-may-30-2016-patch-notes

(Those look like the same link, but they are not. one is May 23 and the other is May 30)

Both have information about what the original thoughts were when guild quests were released. I know I've seen more information on the question you ask, but I'm not able to locate it. It's here...somewhere. <<shuffles around in the old forum>>

If you don't have time to read it, Citan said that if the real guild population limits were in place, most guilds would not not have the guild level needed for 250 members.

LaRaj
02-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Thank you for the links!

FURY
02-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Basicly what Greyfyn said, but to add to that: the few guilds that sprang up when guilds were created were big(and still are) but since they all were level 1, no one would have been able to keep their guilds together they would all have shattered. Hence Citan decided that, for now, the Size limits weren't important as all of us players were starting out on a even standing anyway and we were just testing the guild system.

Eventually, the limit will be turned on along with all the other things that require guild levels (Guild Storage Spaces, Guild Hall-ish spaces, ect). But you probably still have plenty of time to level up your guild as long as you don't have +800 members(or some other crazy number).

Easylivin
02-12-2017, 05:41 AM
I like and dislike the cap. A hard cap will encourage many different guilds instead of 1 or 2 giant guilds.

It would be nice to hear from citan the vision for guilds. The way it looks now based on observations, staying in a guild is encouraged, and guilds should be sub 250 players to encourage multiple guilds.

Caustic
02-12-2017, 06:44 AM
I like large guilds, in EQ we had a large guild with lots of family feel and a selection of hardcore and casual players. We could do top events as we could always get enough people from the casual players.

Wouldnt object to making guilds larger through levelling the guild.

Easylivin
02-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I like large guilds, in EQ we had a large guild with lots of family feel and a selection of hardcore and casual players. We could do top events as we could always get enough people from the casual players.

Wouldnt object to making guilds larger through levelling the guild.
How big is large?

I can't remember how large my guild was in AC.

At some point a guild might become the majority of the active players, then what?

srand
02-12-2017, 05:14 PM
All the actual numbers are subject to change right now - caps, guild quest difficulty and rewards, guild XP, guild levels, guild credits ... It's going to take some time to get the numbers tweaked to a point where they are fun for different types of guilds. And we haven't had a chance to touch it much lately. But especially with the growing population, this is a good time for feedback on all things guild-related.

Easylivin
02-12-2017, 07:21 PM
All the actual numbers are subject to change right now - caps, guild quest difficulty and rewards, guild XP, guild levels, guild credits ... It's going to take some time to get the numbers tweaked to a point where they are fun for different types of guilds. And we haven't had a chance to touch it much lately. But especially with the growing population, this is a good time for feedback on all things guild-related.

Are you collecting metrics on which quests are getting completed most often and the time it takes? I think we have 3 that are our favorites then we rotate a 4th in that is painful. I'll need to get the 3.

As for the rewards, a few of us are saving our credits for something awesome. The coin sacks are great for the new folks as it gives them a nice boost early on.

LaRaj
02-13-2017, 11:17 AM
The first problem with the guild cap was we did not expect that our guild would fill up quite so quickly, this complicated things to some degree.

I like the idea of leveling a guild and having certain benefits such as increasing capacity. The second problem we had was when we actually thought we were going to be able to increase the cap by working hard to level our guild so we would no hit the ceiling. It was a little disappointing to find out that we would not be able increase the cap and would be turning down players, many of whom have started to seek us out.

I think that if we had started a guild with a pre-existing guild level cap at 50 people or so it would be just fine, and then from there we could have increased the cap with each new guild level, maybe an increase of 50 more cap or something. I like the idea of rewards and credits for guild quests and from the impression I got from the people in my guild they really enjoyed it too. It really created a cohesiveness within our group and we all pulled together to accomplish what at first seemed an unrealistic goal. That being said I can see where a guild with 250 people could much more easily complete a 100 person guild quest. Maybe the guild quests should be given and rewarded in percentages based on overall members. This might make it more fair across the board. For example when a quest is picked the task could be based on (# guild members x base %). So say the base was task for one player would be 5 potions. (Guild size 25 x 5 x 15% = 143 potions), and the same could go for the reward as well. More fair for guilds of every size.

I like that there are a lot of options on how you want the guild to be run, and even maybe this could be rewarded as a guild leveled instead of all up front. I also like the idea of increased guild storage capacity as a guild levels, either automatically or by opening up a new row for purchase. It might also be beneficial to offer extra storage by using the guild credits. Another thing I would kind of like to see with guilds is a more defined rank structure. I have played other games where you would swear allegiance to one person and join the group. This made it easier for a person or a few people to kind of claim responsibility for that new member. Maybe even the option to assign team leaders and then furthermore assign people under that team leaders watch as to help share the member duties and responsibilities.

I enjoy being part of a larger guild, BUT I am also willing to work for that to happen. In other games I have been in guilds that don't even care your in the guild, and many others that are very interactive. I am not sure that I like the idea of a overall cap to be honest, or at least not at higher levels. If there is a cap that is unreasonably high that might be ok as well. Putting a cap on a guild makes people have to be more picky with who they take, which could be good or bad. It might create a "better than you attitude" or "your not good enough for us" attitudes. I think some competition is good but people can certainly get mean. I have heard guild not wanting to take any new players, where do they go, who helps them out? I think people join guild to get a sense of community and belonging. Why punish an attentive guild who are all to willing to make a new player feel welcome to the game. Guild reputation should mean something and so therefore the strongest guild communities should thrive. I think its okay to be selective with members of individuals guilds but it should not be something forced due to a cap.

Overall I am enjoying this game, and I have heard very little differently from the people I have played with. I would love to see some basic changes to guild structures.

Srand, you asked for feedback. Would you be willing to share your thoughts on which direction guilds might go?

Thank you,
-LaRaj

Tiamat
02-13-2017, 04:47 PM
I may have missed it if someone already said (and I apologize for spam if someone did) but right now there isn't even a 250 person cap. :p

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qvh7c3.png

LaRaj
02-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Oh.. thats interesting

Silvonis
02-13-2017, 07:27 PM
I may have missed it if someone already said (and I apologize for spam if someone did) but right now there isn't even a 250 person cap. :p

Please be sure to report this in-game. Thanks.

Easylivin
02-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Oh.. thats interesting

Can you not invite more than 250?

Maybe its a display bug for us and 250 should be 300 or something higher.

FURY
02-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Please be sure to report this in-game. Thanks.

I have, and I even received feedback (from Srand I believe) that said what i posted earlier. :p

LaRaj
02-14-2017, 10:20 AM
I honestly had not tried to recruit past 250 just saw the supposed cap!