PDA

View Full Version : What do you play when not playing PG?

HardRock
06-28-2019, 10:51 AM
I revisited Diablo 2 with the Path of Diablo mod. That was a blast. Hadn't played in roughly 14 years.

Mount and Blade Warband has a lot of interesting mods. A Clash of Kings is one of the Game of Thrones mods for it.

Banished is a small survival/city building sim.

I miss the days of custom games in the Warcraft Three the Frozen Throne community. Battleships, the early versions of Dota, and the plethora of tower defense games.

What do you Folks play when you are breaking from PG?

simplybob
06-28-2019, 12:44 PM
I play Dungeons & Dragons with friends. It isn't any of the computer versions, but the paper, pencil and dice version. I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to computer games. If my guild starts hearing me talk about another MMO I've trying out, they can rightly just place me in the inactive roster.

Crusader2010
06-29-2019, 12:11 AM
I'm playing a few other things, mainly strategies/rpgs. Like Battletech, battle brothers, mad games tycoon, stellaris, civ6, they are billions.
Will probably start playing some Panzer General (or similar) games again as I'm kind of starting to miss them.
Still on the lookout for some complex space strategy though. Really want to play something nice but can't find any that matches my desires.

Nevertheless I do have some days when I can only watch streamers and am unable to play anything :( I wish I had more determination to keep grinding skill levels in PG and to try and find some level ~40 gear.

Lasc
07-11-2019, 06:15 PM
I've a few go-to's

* Civilisation 6
* Cities Skylines
* Banished
* Total War (currently Warhammer 2)
* Occasionally Fallout 4 and Skyrim
* Diablo 3 for a loot fix.

I have been tempted to look back into Baldurs Gate.

Tazza
07-11-2019, 07:22 PM
I enjoy all sorts, but the majority are strategy. Off the top of my head:

- Crusader Kings 2
- Europa Universalis 4
- Stellaris
- TIS-100
- Chess
- Rising World
- Age of Wonders 3
- Wizardry 6 and 7 (about once a year)
- Neverwinter Nights
- Divinity Original Sin.

GrayBeard
07-15-2019, 05:55 AM
Board games - lots and lots of board games.

Tagamogi
07-25-2019, 01:32 PM
I generally like turned-based strategy and CRPGs. Normally, I manage to play a couple games at the same time, but this year I kept getting sucked into one fascinating, time-consuming single player game after the other. In roughly chronological order, the dubious honor of usurping my PG time in 2019 belongs to:

- Stardew Valley. After starting my dozenth farm or so, I think I've finally gotten over feeling embarrassed for playing a cute, happy game. It's got ducks who quack when you pet them, what else could you possibly want?

- Defender's Quest. I hadn't realized "Tower Defense" was a genre before that - fun introduction to it.

- Sunless Skies. I love the weird writing and the plot. Because I wanted more of it, I started playing the same company's Fallen London browser game which I still spend some time with now.

- Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The RPG timesucker to make all other RPGs look short. I think I'm finally getting close to the end of it now but I'm contemplating replaying. I really like how huge the world feels.

And because it's never too late to quote an old post:

Mount and Blade Warband has a lot of interesting mods. A Clash of Kings is one of the Game of Thrones mods for it.

It's been a couple years but I liked MBW quite a bit. I also played the Viking DLC which I think ended up being my favorite - maybe the lack of horses meant that slower combat felt more controlled to me? ;) I haven't really been tempted by mods for it though - the game generally feels crashy enough that I'm scared to make matters worse by installing a mod.

Sheawanna
07-26-2019, 10:15 AM
I still play EQ1 .. I prefer PG though :)

SassySusie
07-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Mostly all I do right now is PG, Last time when I took a break I played BDO. But will be taking another break in September when Borderlands 3 comes out! Yes I know let me hear it.. I am a BL nerd :P

Dibbuk
08-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Usually, I read a book, or play Bridge, Texas Hold 'em, Mah Jong (the real one, not the tile matching version), sudoku, cryptograms, or whatever else I feel like.

Aionlasting
09-13-2019, 06:55 AM
Ive been playing WoW classic and thoroughly enjoying it! Its such a different game than the current retail iteration. Very enjoyable.

alleryn
09-13-2019, 11:35 AM
I've been mostly playing Free Orion (freeorion.org), a free, open source, multiplayer (well, we play like one slow 'correspondence'-type game every couple months or so. There's also an AI) turn-based strategy (4x space) game.

I also play a little chess online.

I've been thinking about starting/joining a 1e or 2e AD&D campaign over roll20: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/?days=&dayhours=&frequency=&timeofday=&timeofday_seconds=&language=Any&avpref=Any&gametype=rpg&newplayer=true&yesmaturecontent=true&nopaytoplay=true&playingstructured=adnd%2Cdnd_1&sortby=relevance&for_event=&roll20con=

That's about it, sometime i play a bot game on League of Legends as a stress reliever, or dig up some old Dos game to play for a bit.

drivendawn
09-15-2019, 05:46 PM
WoW Classic,and PoE is what i play when not on PG.

s5669111
09-16-2019, 07:22 AM
Civilization6

Adric the Red
09-28-2019, 01:57 PM
This is my primary game these days, so if I'm not playing PG, I'm probably doing other stuff IRL, and not playing anything. But if I am playing something else, it's either LotRO (I bought a lifetime sub back when it first launched) or SWTOR.

Pugmak
10-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Saga of Ryzom

Fallen Earth

Secret World - Legends

Moncho
06-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Ive played numerous games over the years, huge fan of every kind of game. Usually its only one mmo (grinding in two mmos at a time would be a nightmare to me). Now a days when im not playing PG i play mostly CSGO (i think is the most competitive and skillbased shooter of all time) or i play Magic The Gathering, but not the PC one, the fisical card game, lots of fun.

I have to agree with HardRock, diablo II has been one of the most influential games in my life and is still lots of fun till today.

pabloredo
07-01-2020, 06:53 AM
Right now I'm playing COD:Warzone, Last Of Us 2 and Brawl Stars (in mobile)

souza13alex
08-31-2020, 02:20 AM
I really like The Settlers, a very good strategy.

Mysfit
11-26-2020, 12:32 PM
ESO has been my go to game last few yers but I see the changing now :)

AngelaBall
01-21-2021, 06:18 AM
When I get bored and want some kind of drive, I usually choose something from shooters or mobs.
Usually it's LoL, Dota, CS, something active in general!

alleryn
02-18-2021, 10:50 PM
For anyone who likes Idle Games, there's a fairly new idle version of Runescape that might appeal to some of you, called Melvor Idle. It's in Early Access on Steam, but can be played for free on the developer's website: melvoridle.com

Links:
Roadmap: https://melvoridle.com/roadmap/
Wiki: https://wiki.melvoridle.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
Game: https://melvoridle.com/

Heavilyass
06-03-2021, 01:24 AM
I play Dungeons & Dragons with friends. I'm a serial monogamist when it comes to computer games. If my guild starts hearing me talk about another MMO I've tried out, they can rightly just place me in the inactive roster.

Caperfin
10-20-2021, 02:50 PM
Mainly plays RTS and MMO, sometimes Battle Royae like Fortnite or PUBG (if my friends are playing).
I am currently playing New World Early Acces and I am waiting for the launch.

How is New World? I've heard good things about the game.