PDA

View Full Version : temporary re-spawn

MorKazim
02-09-2017, 12:58 AM
hello,

a suggestion. temporary re-spawn beacon. an item that when deployed (like a campfire) for the duration, if you die you re-spawn there...
i hate it when i die and have to redo all the run to my farming location.

thoughts...

Tsugumori
02-09-2017, 04:40 AM
You're looking at it from the point of view of farming locations.

Think about it from the perspective of those running dungeons. You die and end up back at the start of the dungeon, I kind of think this sucks a lot more, that's a far more arduous trek back to rejoin the group.

I don't think these 'beacons' are necessary, much of Project Gorgon is inconveniences but they can be overcome with a little virtual elbow grease and a "CAN DO!" attitude!

(By the way - First Aid has a 'Resuscitate' skill that can revive player. There are Guild skills similar in name that do the exact same thing also!)

(I point these out as they are ways to revive essentially, although using them purely for the purposes of farming is a bit redundant. Perhaps try avoid dying?)

Umber
02-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Was thinking this exact thing this morning after getting swarmed by skeletons each time I went to the crypt entrance West of Serbule Keep. When you die, you end up back in Serbule rather than a surrounding area. If you die north of Serbule Keep, you end up at the boats :eek:

Would love to see tie and recall spells rather than the teleportation shrines that require reagents, but I think teleportation serves a decent purpose. The graveyard/respawn points seem to be a bit underwhelming. While zone sizes don't seem gigantic for the amount of zones we have, having to respawn in the center of the zone no matter where you are North/South/East/West seems aggravating wherever you died. It also tends to make "Teleportation by death" the typical way to get back to town faster, which probably shouldn't be the case. Maybe each zone needs 2-3 respawns that are outside of town somewhere that doesn't send you all the way back to town, but doesn't send you right to the quest givers; a happy medium.

Tagamogi
02-10-2017, 12:59 PM
I like the idea of more tie and recall spells. In their absence, I'm not really in favor of more graveyards though since I often use the graveyards for traveling. For example, dying in the Serbule graveyard is a wonderful shortcut to Serbule if you just got done doing the crypt on a character that doesn't have Enter the Light yet.

cratoh
02-11-2017, 03:44 AM
I like the idea of a travel beacon. Travel needs a serious overhaul in Gorgon. Fun for most people is not walking, again and again through an area it is fighting and grouping. Anything that makes it easier, I like.

Finbarr

Eachna
02-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Recall binds, travel beacons, generating tombstone graveyards (without having to die in a tidy pattern 3+ times) and similar things could be created as recipes/effects of the Dying skill.

The Dying skill is "supposed" to give us control over the permutations of the death penalty but it hasn't been fleshed out yet.

Also, it would be nice if the Enter the Light sewers had more portals than just Serbule Keep. It has 4 branches. Those other branches could go to other cities. Even just going to Rahu (and reserving the other two for other higher-level cities later) would make things easier now.

(By the way - First Aid has a 'Resuscitate' skill that can revive player. There are Guild skills similar in name that do the exact same thing also!)

(I point these out as they are ways to revive essentially, although using them purely for the purposes of farming is a bit redundant. Perhaps try avoid dying?)

Can you rezz yourself when you're dead if you have the diamonds? I'm still working on the favor for the first aid trainer with the Revive spell so I don't have it yet.

Tsugumori
02-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Can you rezz yourself when you're dead if you have the diamonds? I'm still working on the favor for the first aid trainer with the Revive spell so I don't have it yet.

No, once you're dead you can no longer take action. However, there are methods to revive yourself. The ones that I am aware of..

- An item called 'Eternal Green' can be consumed to instantly revive.
- There are Words of Power that can revive you on the spot.

(Just as a side... You used to be able to loot corpses, take things near you and drop things while dead but that was patched.)