PDA

View Full Version : New player

Ezarharden
03-31-2019, 08:41 AM
Hi All, Well I am on the new island played 1-2 hours , have a big head :)
So looking for advice how to get rid of the big head . What should I be trying to do starting off.
Having fun so far .
Thanks in advance.

ShieldBreaker
03-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Hi Ezarharden, welcome to Project: Gorgon

To remove any particular curse you need to defeat the Boss that gave it to you. You will probably need to ask in-game for some help to defeat that boss.

Be sure to talk to all the NPC you find. You can also Click the crown on the right hand menu bar, which will open up your Quest Log. Your Quest Log records the quest you have received. There is also a tab on that dialog call Stuff To Do, which has objectives and hint buttons for different areas like the starting island.

Good luck and have fun :)

Loggy
04-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Welcome,

collect as much as you can, favor is worth the weight in gold, cook, industry, and if you need assistance look for Lognar.

Jester
04-11-2019, 07:09 AM
Also in the quest log window is a tab for notes. Take notes. Take all the notes lol. Helps to keep from getting overwhelmed. Also super useful for remembering locations if you've used up all your map markers.

Corax
04-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Do not take notes in the game journal. It handles keystrokes poorly and has no undo, so you can easily lose your notes permanently. Keep your notes in an external text file!

Talk to every NPC, exhaustively. Find out what they like and what they will offer you (training, storage, shopping). You might have to ask other players, or hit the wiki, for this information, because the game is rather incomplete.

You will want lots of storage, which particular NPCs provide as your favor with them goes up. Find out who they are and what they want for favor, and get that to them early on. Everything you get as loot in this game has a use, and it's better to be able to stockpile all that crap than find out you need it later and have to go hunt it down.

Find out about Civic Pride (it's on the wiki), and obsess over that until you max it out. It's easy to do. Civic Pride will save you lots of money over the long haul.

Learn how to do surveying (from Jaime Fatholm in Serbule Hills), and do it every now and then. It's a pain, but it's a good way to get gems and maybe make some money. It also gives you the ability to do mining in dungeons.

Join a guild! My guild immediately gave me clothing with lots of pockets when I joined, so I didn't have to run to a vendor every two minutes. You will also have people to do stuff with, to get and give help.

Get together with guildies or other new players to do early dungeons, and do them properly. It's all too easy to get carried through without even knowing what happened. Sure you get XP and loot, but half the fun is in having it be a challenge.

Don't be afraid to spend lots of time in the beginner zones, even as you level up. You can switch to new skills if you want to remain challenged in combat. I went on ahead and still haven't finished what there is to do in Serbule Hills or Eltibule. It's easy to get in a rush-to-the-endgame angst; relax and enjoy the ride. :-)

I could go on, and on, and on, but I will leave it at that.