PDA

View Full Version : February 07, 2017 Update - Discussion!

srand
02-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Patch notes over here (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?204-Patch-Notes-February-7-2017). Discussion below!

Remember, PLEASE report ALL bugs you see through the in-game report tool - you can find that under the big ! icon on the top of the right-hand sidebar. You can discuss them here, of course, but reporting them in-game makes it MUCH easier for us to track them and get them fixed. Thanks!

Spiritfingers
02-06-2017, 11:37 PM
Thank you, thank you and in case you missed thank you for the Hammer bonus levels. Also, thank you for increased tufts of fur drop rate. It was a pain to farm those before. Question, besides werewolves in Kur, what other mobs drop the mat?

FelMonk
02-07-2017, 12:01 AM
I must say, that after reading the notes, this patch/update is very ambitious and helpful, and it does address our many concerns and bug reports, covering a few of the most glaring obfuscations we have seen - and I think that it will be well received!

Although, let's all be very honest here; Cow Hats at Jaunty Angles were very entertaining, so the in-game Project: Gorgon Entertainment Value has been somewhat reduced!

I particularly value any reduction to exploits in game. As a player, I am very helpful to others at the reduction to my own character progress, so I love that any "exploitive behavior" be thwarted, so the great majority of us can continue to enjoy a game that presents a more equal playing field by eliminating temptation to a few that may be attracted to an exploit, rather than report it.

I see so many helpful players who give of their valuable in-game time to others, it just strengthens my love for this game.

I am a player that runs around healing others when I see they are at low health. Oh no! Now I am at risk! But, this will NOT prevent me from contiuing to aid others I see, that need help in this regard! LOL!

Well Done, Dev Team. Thank you for your hard work, and the tenacious dilligence you give to the game.

/wave ... and /nap

Sheawanna
02-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Thank you, thank you and in case you missed thank you for the Hammer bonus levels. Also, thank you for increased tufts of fur drop rate. It was a pain to farm those before. Question, besides werewolves in Kur, what other mobs drop the mat?

Bears/wolves in kur drop tufts

cratoh
02-07-2017, 02:07 AM
The alchemy boosts. They give wolves and ice mages a pretty big boost. 20% extra base damage basically all the time if they want. Is there anything for the other skills planned?

Otherwise I like them, I enjoyed in eq2 having to get all the relevant components for giving the raid an edge in competitive pve.

Tsugumori
02-07-2017, 03:41 AM
I really like the knife addition, haven't leveled that a whole lot but at least it gives players who use it an edge.

(... 'edge' ... like a knife!... heh..)

ShieldBreaker
02-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Can't wait to check out Animal Town fix and smash some Chomp Vines. :D

Khaylara
02-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Very happy about the "in combat" bugs fixes, cold weather mitigation help (very good idea to add an extra camp closer to Kur entrance) and the extended timer on potions. Thanks for fixing them so fast after the last update.

Hanniki
02-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Do I have to delete the game and start over? After a long download this morning, it says it won't start because it couldn't delete an earlier PG file. "Could not remove dead local file....."
"Access to the path is denied..."

Silvonis
02-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Do I have to delete the game and start over? After a long download this morning, it says it won't start because it couldn't delete an earlier PG file. "Could not remove dead local file....."
"Access to the path is denied..."

Have you restarted your computer and then ran the launcher as administrator?

Hanniki
02-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Haha! Thank you. All I had to do was restart computer : )
OMG. How do I even delete this now that I realize I can't figure out forums and started a new thread....

Hanniki
02-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Thank you! All I had to do was restart computer : )

Dmdtt2
02-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Onkara is completely broken since the patch,

-call for help range is almost 60yrds now. the entire half that pask patrols is now a black hole that cant be touched because pask is almost always called. also the other side of onkara if you attack even 1 mob you need to be prepared for fighting 10-15 mobs all at once. sometimes even mobs are pulled from the town below.

-2 General Pasks spawns which makes the above problem even worse.

-pask will stay aggroed on you for about 250-300 yards when pulled by attacking a diff target. making it annoying to escape him by any other means than jumping off the cliff.

Tagamogi
02-07-2017, 12:08 PM

I've been picking up between 1-5 tufts of fur per Animal Nexus clear. I wasn't really paying attention whether it's just the bears that drop them or the panthers, too. As Sheawanna said, the bears and wolves in Kur will drop the tufts randomly, too.

Spiritfingers
02-07-2017, 12:12 PM
I've been picking up between 1-5 tufts of fur per Animal Nexus clear. I wasn't really paying attention whether it's just the bears that drop them or the panthers, too. As Sheawanna said, the bears and wolves in Kur will drop the tufts randomly, too.

I don't have any animal forms I run so Animal Nexus is out. I was looking for options outside of Kur - but I don't think there are any. Thank goodness they added blankets to the mix. Maybe I'll start farming Kur again.

Tagamogi
02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
I don't have any animal forms I run so Animal Nexus is out. I was looking for options outside of Kur - but I don't think there are any. Thank goodness they added blankets to the mix. Maybe I'll start farming Kur again.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing - I meant the Animal Nexus in Eltibule, accessed via the key from Percy. If you are the only one there, it's a nice, densely populated area with fast respawns. Admittedly, I was there for other things, so I don't know if farming it for the fur would be more or less tedious than Kur.

And you definitely don't need animal form for the Animal Nexus, I was running knife/bc.

kell.shepherd
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM
(... 'edge' ... like a knife!... heh..)

Oh, I get your..... point!

Tsugumori
02-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Oh, I get your..... point!

Aren't you a.... SHARP one!

kell.shepherd
02-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I'm a CUT above the rest.

alleryn
02-07-2017, 03:34 PM
i don't mean to STICK my nose where it doesn't belong but this reparte is sending SHIVers down my spine

kell.shepherd
02-07-2017, 03:45 PM
i don't mean to STICK my nose where it doesn't belong but this reparte is sending SHIVers down my spine

You don't bring a stick to a knife-word fight!

SHIVers was a solid win in my books. I concede the victory to you.

alleryn
02-07-2017, 03:48 PM
not stick the noun, stick the verb. As in "gimme your wallet or i'm gonna stick you". Not the best pun, but not so non-applicable as simply tryin to browbeat you with my switch (no offense Hammer enthusiasts) :p

Tsugumori
02-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Lads, to be BLUNT...

Your puns have really lost their EDGE.

You don't seem to be able to HANDLE the challenge, I've had eknife. (Enough/eknife? - maybe reaching but eh)

alleryn
02-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Lads, to be BLUNT...

Your puns have really lost their EDGE.

You don't seem to be able to HANDLE the challenge, I've had eknife. (Enough/eknife? - maybe reaching but eh)

Wow this is just a DAGGER to my heart. You need to show a little more RESPECT (re-specced into knife abilities... okay that was really scraping the bottom of the barrel i hope you aren't GINSU (gonna sue) me)

PezOfDoom
02-07-2017, 04:22 PM
>>Animals that can drop Tufts of Fur as loot now do so a bit more often.

I squealed when I read this update.

I tire of these cutting remarks, so let's stop dirk-ing around, alpha testers, and get back to work!

cr00cy
02-08-2017, 03:12 AM
A bit sad about change to yellow crystal illnes damge type ( i really wanted to see how much dmg i could stack from it...) But i guess it was needed.

But i absolutly love changes to duration in potions. Very good idea on this one.

zarf
02-08-2017, 05:08 AM
Hello, I got an error on the Launcher during the download. I successfully completed the update on two machines at home, but the one at *cough* work *cough* failed the update. "Could not download WindowsPlayer_Data/sharedassets20.assets; giving up after 5 attempts. Please try again in a few minutes". I checked the firewall and didn't see any blocked traffic. It downloaded much of the patch before failing on this file. There is only about 125mb left in the update according to the Launcher.

LaRaj
02-08-2017, 03:57 PM
I like the increase in alchemy potions makes them seem more likely to be used and to spend more time on alchemy. I feel like the staying in combat thing has actually gotten worse for me, and many times it feels like my in combat regen isn't working.

Hood
02-09-2017, 01:49 AM
Citan, Are level 70 animal form mods "hidden" as well? I can't seem to find or craft level 70 Cow gear.

Citan
02-09-2017, 02:02 AM
Hood They just aren't written yet! There's a few non-animal combat skills not finished yet either.

Hood
02-09-2017, 05:14 AM
@Hood (http://forum.projectgorgon.com/member.php?u=177) They just aren't written yet! There's a few non-animal combat skills not finished yet either.

Ah ok! I was just confirming :) Thank you very much for the reply.

jacksin125
02-10-2017, 05:29 AM
The alchemy boosts. They give wolves and ice mages a pretty big boost. 20% extra base damage basically all the time if they want. Is there anything for the other skills planned?

I don't think you realize how difficult it is to get the mats. It probably still will be too difficult to use it all the time even after this update. Sure, if a werewolf spent their entire time playing grinding for mats, then they might be able to keep the buff up permanently, but each individual blood seeker ointment only lasts for 30 min, which is not even long enough for a full dungeon run.