PDA

View Full Version : Have any players maxed their accounts? If so, how many, and how long does it take?

LightNovelFan
02-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Or if you've come close,how many hours/days have you logged to achieve it?

I was curious since I know there's a lot of efficiency minded players here like old RuneScape fans, etc.

spider91301
02-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Or if you've come close,how many hours/days have you logged to achieve it?

I was curious since I know there's a lot of efficiency minded players here like old RuneScape fans, etc.

If it is my 2 main combat skills cuz of irl 1-2 years cuz at the time I did everything solo

Vish
02-24-2019, 11:22 PM
if u ask about maxing ALL skills then; probably; there is NONE that do it :P

Niph
02-25-2019, 02:27 AM
There is a difference between skills you can max with mechanics that give XP in that skill, and those for which you can only get XP from generic sources, like Lost Notus Book or Decoction of Knowledge. The later give XP in any skill and therefore you could say all skills can be maxed. But it requires an unrealistic amount of these items to do it, so I don't think that players actively farming them, like Wemedge, have maxed all skills yet.

For example, there is no way to gain XP normally in Dwarf Phrenology, so I'm pretty sure nobody in game is above 30, with a max at 50.

Regarding "normal" skills I'm maxed, and I think it would requires 50 to 100 days played to do it.

cr00cy
02-25-2019, 06:21 AM
What Niph said. There are several skills in game (mostly phrenology) that you can't really farm, just randomly get exp for using other methods (beside mentioned by Niph, there is aslo corpse talking). I'm nowhere near being maxed in all skills despite my account beign over 4 years old, but its mostly because I simply don't care about maxing them all. I have most combat skills at at least lv 50, with more popular crafting skills and like 6 or 7 combat ones maxed out. Rest skills I just level up naturally, as I play.

If you really put your mind into it, I think you could reach max most combat skills in like 1-2 months. Crafting/support ones would be harder, since many of them are time-gated, but I think you could do most, if not all, of them in less than year.

That being said, I belive grind required would make you quit long before you manged to max them.

Ranperre
02-25-2019, 08:56 AM
I have all crafting "done" and have to do: Spider 60-70, Knife 60-70, AH 60-70, and Necro/Pig/Bat 1-70 (less than 200 hours for all). By "done" I mean that I'm missing a few things that I consider unnecessary and/or stupid: e.g. fae phrenology and holistic wellness.

I passed 2600 hours this weekend. Someone last weekend, I forget who, finished all combat classes within 90 days. 80-100 days is a good estimate. If you came into the game with full knowledge, I bet you could do it within 50 days. That'd be 50 days of hard work, basically a job.

Celler
02-25-2019, 10:12 AM
Thing is it's not just about getting the lvls on the skills, there is recipes to find, abilities to buy also. Also to a lesser degree favor with NPC's to raise.

I tend to always have 1 skill on a bar that's getting exp unless I'm at my limit in a tough place.

I've played at least 3300 hr's over a 4 yr period and am still yet to complete many things.
Stuff like Civic Pride and Holistic Wellness I'm only in mid 30's. Am also yet to start Rabbit and Brewing is barely in double figures.

I think in general it's better to play in a way that you enjoy rather than just try to grind the skills for no real reason.

Deldaron
02-26-2019, 10:26 AM
I'm slowly moving through the game skill by skill and while I can't directly answer the question on time I would discourage efficiency optimization in this game. Project Gorgon is not a "rush to the end game and grind the same raid" MMO - it's a game that encourages you to slowly move through the areas over and over again. First thing I did was get two combat skills to 50 and some tradeskills (cooking/meditaiton/gardening) up - then because I was poor and interested in bat I switched to giant bat/ment and started over, got those to 70, picked up some new skills.

It's been slow and windy, but I've gotten to thoroughly explore so many aspects of the game and not until more recently have I felt like I was grinding for grindings sake.