PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we could make philanthropy a skill?

Pupil2Prodigy
01-16-2019, 11:57 PM
some kind of charitable donation of goods or councils to increase reputation or notoriety or something? =P

It would make a great money sink or whatever

Maybe a portion of donations would be divided over new players or something?

A message might appear saying something to the effect of: due to the generosity of [the player] or the realm; you receive 10 councils

Temjiu
01-17-2019, 06:42 PM
some kind of charitable donation of goods or councils to increase reputation or notoriety or something? =P

It would make a great money sink or whatever

Maybe a portion of donations would be divided over new players or something?

A message might appear saying something to the effect of: due to the generosity of [the player] or the realm; you receive 10 councils

I was thinking about how to make Storage a more convenient prospect, and I thought it would fit in with this idea perfectly. As part of leveling philanthropy, you can unlock a "central storage" option at the council storage locations. each tier you unlock would add another vendors storage you could access there. Either a static list for everyone, or perhaps a selection list of the current storage you have available.

That way you could unlock storage you use for specific skillsets, or just your more commonly used/bigger storage. I always found it odd that I could easily (and intuitively) access storage from the two vendors in serbule keep, but everyone else I have to travel to remote areas to work the storage. At this point in the game, it's more convenient to just log onto another alt and store stuff there, so the system definitely could use improvement. This would be an easy way to do it, and tie into Phil very well.