PDA

View Full Version : Can't unlink Steam Account

kell.shepherd
02-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Since I can't have my forum name changed to MrWhiskers I want to unlink my Steam account to re-link it to my NEW MrWhiskers account (already made). When I am logged as MrWhiskers, try to link, it says the account has to be unlinked from the current (this) one. Log back into this and there doesn't look like there's any option to unlink an account.

Tiamat
02-03-2017, 03:34 AM
I went ahead and linked my account to see if I could figure it out and, like you, couldn't find anything. So I went on google to figure out how it's normally done on other websites. It seems, with the noteable exception of Facebook, you generally can't unlink accounts from your end of things?

Hopefully that changes in the future.

kell.shepherd
02-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Admins.. where are we at with this?

Greyfyn
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
This issue snags players. The fact that PezofDoom is also Monger has already been registered in my brain. And I know Kell is MrWhiskers, etc. If you're worried about the perception of other players about the discontinuity of names--I don't think you have to. Nicknames, alt names, former names...most people have ways of dealing with alternative names for the same entity. And if they don't, they seldom care anyway. That's my observation.

At some point previously, I mentioned that it's easy to change your steam nickname. My steam account name is NOT Greyfyn. You can change it in the settings. Maybe that could give some temporary relief from the mismatched name concern.

kell.shepherd
02-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Yeah I changed it in Steam but it doesn't affect the forums at all.

Greyfyn
02-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Huh. Sorry MrWhiskers--that is odd.

Silvonis
02-07-2017, 04:38 AM
Currently, you can't unlink an account once it has been linked.

BetaNotus
02-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Currently, you can't unlink an account once it has been linked.

Would it be possible to learn if the ability to unlink an account will be turned on at some point?

Silvonis
02-12-2017, 12:13 AM
We don't have plans to allow users to do so in the immediate future.

kell.shepherd
02-14-2017, 11:10 AM
What if I totally delete this account?