PDA

View Full Version : Ello!

Jinxerz
11-06-2018, 05:25 AM
Hello everyone, I've been here for a few days now and I’m thoroughly enjoying the game and the community.
I have been struggling to find a real game with character for a long time (probably coming upto 10 years when I last enjoyed a game this much).

My first mmorpg was Knight Online, followed by Last Chaos which I still pop on and off today but it has lost its community and the level cap is just a money pit. I spent alot of time on that game and loads of memories made on Last Chaos, even had a son because of it (yes for real, he's 9 next year!).
Since around 2010 ish I have been through most online games (free/subscription/buy to play) and could never find one that wasn't a copy and paste of every other game or just terribly thought out/too annoyingly complex.

The problem with most of the games I find nowadays is they try and persuade you to spend money constantly, all this pay to win rubbish is beyond belief as you never have this sharing is caring community, gone are the times of helping out someone with quest items, partying up to kill a mob, having a laugh and random banter, laughing when you get mobbed and yet still trying to kill them despite your impending doom, ~death~. Then going back for more!
It’s back in Gorgon though!

I wish I jumped into PG earlier as I have been watching progress for a while, it is just committing when you've installed and uninstalled so many games trying to find something that doesn't put you off in 5 minutes.

So I thank you the PG team and community.

P.s I know its in Alpha but I've always preferred a quirky game with little flaws (amusing ones I tend to find) so I'm terrible when it comes to pointing out problems. :D

Happy hunting.

ShieldBreaker
11-06-2018, 06:47 AM
Hi Jinxerz, welcome to Project: Gorgon

I agree with you about PG and other games. I don't know what the bulk of the game industry is thinking.

Although PG has been around for a while, you are still getting an early jump on hopefully a ton of people. You didn't jump into the game the minute you found it, but you took your time and made the right decision in the end. :)

ztealmax
11-13-2018, 04:50 AM
hey Jinxerz :-) i must really say ive havent been playing for long but this game i really fell in love with, i started playing RYL it was my first mmo but sadly to pvp oriented, been playing wow from when it first come until third expansion i think, then ive been away from mmo for a long time couldnt find anything i loved but now this mmo is by far the most i have enjoyed in a long time... Long live Project Gorgon

Daguin
11-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Welcome to Project Gorgon! I also ended up here after 10 years wandering the badlands. It's nice to be home....