PDA

View Full Version : At launch, where we will be?

cratoh
02-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Hi,

The golden oldie of chats came up yet again in global the other day... 'what wipe?' etc and all the back and forth about betas and who's been in this one and that one, and what games wiped, and why this one shouldn't and blah blah blah.

Any way, that then made me think - as someone said 'well we will get off the isle fast as we know what to do' - will we even start on the Isle? I mean, say 150 of us all patch and go at the same time, plus any new people, whats the isle going to be like?

Also, say what happens is simply an item/cash wipe as seems to be the general expectation - what will you do to gear up? How long do you think it will take?

I think with a little planning, and the teleportation bonuses, mount and extra space, it would be possible in the first few hours to be pretty much geared straight back up, at least to the beta level one was at pre-launch.

Any thoughts?

chill
02-01-2017, 03:54 PM
----------

ShieldBreaker
02-01-2017, 04:00 PM
It will take at the very least a month to get semi-decent gear. I am thinking along the lines of solo play, groups might be able to recover more quickly, but not hours, days at least. Some older players may decide to start with different races that have different starting areas, so that will take a little pressure off the starter island.

Item/cash wipe is what we have been told is the plan, so that is what we expect. This is a fair way off, and it hurt my brain thinking about it. So not going to dwell on it :)

LaRaj
02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Is it intended that favor will be wiped as well?

Spiritfingers
02-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Is it intended that favor will be wiped as well?

I know that it has been mentioned all items in all storage, in your bag and what you are wearing will be wiped. I know all money will be wiped. The one area I desperately would love to know about is your question. I've asked about favor being wiped. Favor has a very strong influence on the economy.

Hood
02-02-2017, 01:24 AM
Not sure about the favor....Why not just assume we keep that too? What's the harm :) I've never really thought about where we'll be after the wipe. Idk why it's important, honestly. I don't mean to make it sound like I don't care about the subject. I just haven't thought about it.

So, I'm not sure how much of the server data will be deleted in the wipe, and since so much of our characters' data will be saved- particularly the passive features such as skill levels -my guess is that we will be where we last logged off before the wipe. Now the wipe itself isn't supposed to happen until Steam launch, not Steam Early Access.

ShieldBreaker
02-02-2017, 04:02 AM
....-my guess is that we will be where we last logged off before the wipe. .....

If this is how it works, then the 37 Gods help the fool that wakes up naked and weaponless in Gazluk. :) Unless of course they are an Orc, then they are probably fine.