PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed shielding mods.

cr00cy
02-01-2017, 06:28 AM
So after soem time spend on Gorgon Explorer, lookign on varius things one thing struck my mind: scalign of Uanrmed mods taht grants you chance to proc a dmg mitigatign shield.

Thing is strenght of the shield is always the same - 10% of dmg mitigated, up to 100. What scales with lv is chance to proc. It starts at 2% for lv 1 and goes up to 23% at lv 70.

Now, i think this is bad desing. At low lv shield has so low chance to proc, its almost pointless to pick this mod. But when it do proc its mostly wasted. I mean - at low lv dmg absorbet would be around 1-2. It shield will expire long before you use it up.

At higher lv its better, but then again - 100 hp shield startign to look less and less appeling as levels (and thus our max hp) go up.

Thats why i woudl suggets followign changes:
- Increase chance to proc greatly, but remove scalign with lv.
- Make amount of mitigated, and/or shield strenght scale instead. Lower total shield amount for low lv, increase for high lv.
-Also change to amount mitigated could be good thing. For example, for lovel levels change its o it mitigate flat amount instea dof %. At higher lv it might be either flat +% or changed to only %. Similary Shield strenght can be changed to flat+% at higehr lv. Or just make it % of max hp.

Last thing - can someone confirm how do this shilds stack? Do they add up? Or work separatly?

So if i have, lets say 5 shields, and i take 100 dmg would it be:
1) 100*0,5=50
or
2)(((((100*0,9)*0,9)*0,9)0*9)0,9)= 59,049
or
3)Only one shield instance works at a time. So with multiple ones, only one is "used up". and only when it expire next starts working. SO its always 10% redution.

Im pretty sure its 2), since i never became inmunne to damage, and quite often i had far more shields proced to fit on my buff bar, but im not 100% sure.

Hood
02-01-2017, 11:07 AM
I agree...that does seem a bit odd. but yea, its always a 10% dmg reduction. Although, I believe the Headbutt mitigation shield is separate? since it's 20% mitigation.

cr00cy
02-01-2017, 05:50 PM
I agree...that does seem a bit odd. but yea, its always a 10% dmg reduction. Although, I believe the Headbutt mitigation shield is separate? since it's 20% mitigation.

yes headbutt has his own shield (on top of universal ones). Its not only mor emitigation, but also stronger shield (200) adn it ahs 100% chance to proc

Hood
02-01-2017, 10:34 PM
I'd like to hear what pilotfisherman has to say about this topic. And I wonder, are the mitigation shields that reflect damage using kicks separate mitigation from the ones which simply mitigate?

cr00cy
02-02-2017, 11:31 AM
From what i tested recnetly it seems every effect that giev you mitigation is applied separatly. It aslo includes shield with reflect to kick, and "passive" mitigation with reflect to punch.

Hood
02-02-2017, 11:47 AM
From what i tested recnetly it seems every effect that giev you mitigation is applied separatly. It aslo includes shield with reflect to kick, and "passive" mitigation with reflect to punch.

Oh my. wonder if that's intended ^_^

Citan
02-02-2017, 03:14 PM
It's intended that you can make really good energy-shield-oriented Unarmed builds... the idea is that the shields last longer than one combat, so you can stack them up. That said, I'm sure they are wildly imbalanced at the moment, and may or may not make sense at various level ranges. It's something on the list to work on eventually.

Hood
02-02-2017, 04:40 PM
I definitely love Unarmed's complexity and versatility. Really nice to have so many different options. Having multiple of these mitigation shield mods makes it possible to have at least 1 pair of them with each build, which is really great. Yea, it might be a bit overkill right now, but I'm enjoying having a solid defense, as usual. Really underestimated.

A suggestion here would be to up the % for them popping as low level mods and allow them to mitigate a tiny amount of dmg for those level ranges. Then lower the chance at max level mod and increase the amount they mitigate. Some high-level people would want to aug the lower level mod and others the higher level mod. Kind of like when the Shield Skill mod for increased amount of mitigation per armor was only available on lvl 20 shields. We wanted that mod! Definitely makes for even more interesting gear builds. I think those things could sometimes be intentional.

Crissa
02-02-2017, 05:00 PM
I've noticed that on different pieces the shields used to have different chances... ...And that the chance to proc stacked. So if you had the shield on many pieces of equipment, it would trigger more often.

cr00cy
02-03-2017, 06:23 AM
It's intended that you can make really good energy-shield-oriented Unarmed builds... the idea is that the shields last longer than one combat, so you can stack them up. That said, I'm sure they are wildly imbalanced at the moment, and may or may not make sense at various level ranges. It's something on the list to work on eventually.

Thanks for response Citan!

I would like to add more suggetsion to balance out this shields:
-Make shield proc chance increase as armor goes down
-Limit how many shields can be active at a time

I've noticed that on different pieces the shields used to have different chances... ...And that the chance to proc stacked. So if you had the shield on many pieces of equipment, it would trigger more often.

Well diffrent chance to proc comes form fatc tehr eare 2 diffrent kind of shields. One that juts mitigate dmg (higher chance to proc) and oen that add mitigated dg to next kixk attack (lower proc chance). they thenicla do not stack - as if having 2 20% chance mods do not give you 40% chacne, but rather 2 checks of 20%. This gives slighty lower chance to get shield per use, but, if you ahev all 4 mods, your every atatck can proc up to 4 shields.

Crissa
02-06-2017, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I only meant that having multiple of the same seemed to stack.

Having many shields, though... I was able to get it to proc many times.

At least until my gear was legacied.