PDA

View Full Version : Icons grayed out

Gumdoc
09-16-2018, 03:00 PM
New player, sorry if this has been answered before: when I'm playing, often in the middle of a battle, all the icons go gray and I cannot do anything. It's not cooldown timers, I see those all the time, but this is for all my skills. Happens multiple times per hour, I'd say 80% of my deaths are due to this. Here's what it looks like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqxssmmugqwcg0b/Gray.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Sims
09-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Normally when that happens it's because you're selecting another object that's not an enemy, so your attacks will gray out and give you a message saying "Target is not a combatant." Next time you see it happening, hover over one of the skills and look for the red text in the tooltip.

Also: It could be from being stunned, having your abilities disabled, and a number of other things the enemies can do to you while you're in combat. When it happens, watch your buff bar and look for something that lasts only a few seconds.

mrwarp
09-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Your skills will also grey out if you do not have enough power to execute them as well.

preechr
09-17-2018, 04:33 AM
In that screenshot, it doesn’t look like you have an enemy selected

In battle, watch your power reserve... I bet that’s the issue

Remember to eat food and watch for your combat refresh timer... are you familiar with that mechanic?

Gumdoc
09-17-2018, 07:20 AM
In that screenshot, it doesn’t look like you have an enemy selected

In battle, watch your power reserve... I bet that’s the issue

Remember to eat food and watch for your combat refresh timer... are you familiar with that mechanic?

Not really, can you elaborate? I did check my Power when it was happening, it seemed to be full or near full.

preechr
09-17-2018, 07:58 AM
First off, make sure you are eating food... Best bet is to have a meal and a snack going at the same time (you can see which ones are which by reading their tooltips) and you can also carry "instant-heal" foods such as Bacon (you can put those on your sidebar) for a health and power bonus that is limited by your Metabolism

Food gives you in combat and out of combat bonuses, and its very important

Combat Refresh refreshes every 15 seconds while in combat, and it will add the total of all the in combat bonuses you have available from your gear and food, but you have to use a "basic" skill to get the bonuses

For Sword, the basic attacks are "Sword Slash" and "Thrusting Blade," and when the combat refresh is available you will see those skills (if you have them on your bar) flash with a blue icon... there is also a combat refresh sound signal

Once your combat refresh is available, using a basic attack will dump all of those stat bonuses back into your active stats, which can literally be the difference between life and death in a fight

Try watching for those signals and see if that helps... If that's not the problem, all I can think of off hand is that maybe you de-selected your enemy in combat somehow

If the issue is not actually related to power, we may need to talk about how you are selecting enemies in a fight I guess

preechr
09-17-2018, 08:01 AM
Just to cover all the bases, remember that Health is red, Armor is yellow, Power is blue and Metabolism is green in your UI

Kryshael
09-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Easiest answer for your question is the best.

In your screenshot, you are not targetting anything (which Preechr said). All of the skills on your bars are attack skills. If you don't have anything targetted that you can attack, then they will be greyed out. If you had some sort of self-buff on the bar, then it would not be greyed out in that screenshot.

I personally always have target info up on my UI.

Ashreon
09-17-2018, 11:25 PM
First off, make sure you are eating food... Best bet is to have a meal and a snack going at the same time (you can see which ones are which by reading their tooltips) and you can also carry "instant-heal" foods such as Bacon (you can put those on your sidebar) for a health and power bonus that is limited by your Metabolism

Food gives you in combat and out of combat bonuses, and its very important

Combat Refresh refreshes every 15 seconds while in combat, and it will add the total of all the in combat bonuses you have available from your gear and food, but you have to use a "basic" skill to get the bonuses

For Sword, the basic attacks are "Sword Slash" and "Thrusting Blade," and when the combat refresh is available you will see those skills (if you have them on your bar) flash with a blue icon... there is also a combat refresh sound signal

Once your combat refresh is available, using a basic attack will dump all of those stat bonuses back into your active stats, which can literally be the difference between life and death in a fight

Try watching for those signals and see if that helps... If that's not the problem, all I can think of off hand is that maybe you de-selected your enemy in combat somehow

If the issue is not actually related to power, we may need to talk about how you are selecting enemies in a fight I guess

Food don't add to combat refresh tho, but it does add power and hp every game update (which is important)..

Basic Attack do have a Base Combat Refresh from being a basic attack and on top of which combat refresh from the type of armor you wear is added. Weapons can also add combat refresh, but only in the case of Generic Mods.