PDA

View Full Version : glowy yellow death

krill
08-31-2018, 12:46 AM
Death by mysterious illness has all too frequent when trying to haul 5 yellow crystals to fluffky. i was under the impression having Aven's trinket equipped would offer protection from up to 6 crystals. This is obviously untrue. Typically I become frustrated and elect to store them. Interestingly, multiple 'lingering illness' bars can remain up on my toon for several minutes after the crystals are placed in storage. Is coating the crystals the only way to safely transport them?

Niph
08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
You can transport more if your healing power is high, but otherwise yes, coating is the thing to do.

cr00cy
08-31-2018, 09:12 AM
From what I noticed, yellow crystals in deposit - as if teh one you havent harvested yet, counts towards Aven's trinket limit. So if you ahve 4 and stand in node taht has 3 crystals, you wills till get sick. And from what I remeber, mysterious ilness is time-limited debuff. So even if you put crystals away, you will not loose accumulated stacks. They cna be removed with first aid I think.

Daguin
08-31-2018, 09:50 AM
coating is the thing to do.

This!

Interestingly, multiple 'lingering illness' bars can remain up on my toon for several minutes after the crystals are placed in storage.

The illness has a timer like most debuffs so it will take a while to disappear after you store (or coat) the glowies. You can hover over the icon(s) to see the timer(s).

INXS
09-01-2018, 05:29 AM
I agree with cr00cy, standing on a glowy patch with 5-6 yellow glowies while u refill your heat meter will tag illnesses, coating is an option carrying crates works and to avoid getting ill after 5 maybe carry some fire pits, step away from yellow patch drop it warm up move on, I coat mine but only the first 24 the last 7 I don't.

spider91301
09-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Death by mysterious illness has all too frequent when trying to haul 5 yellow crystals to fluffky. i was under the impression having Aven's trinket equipped would offer protection from up to 6 crystals. This is obviously untrue. Typically I become frustrated and elect to store them. Interestingly, multiple 'lingering illness' bars can remain up on my toon for several minutes after the crystals are placed in storage. Is coating the crystals the only way to safely transport them?

To be honest I dont even bother with yellow crystals seems like a waste of time and resources for that extra mod you may or may not get

PezOfDoom
09-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Isn't there a recipe to make them safe? I've used it a few times :D

INXS
09-01-2018, 02:48 PM
" To be honest I dont even bother with yellow crystals seems like a waste of time and resources for that extra mod you may or may not get. "

So having 5 extra mods is a waste..... since your skills only good based on your mods maybe you should take a second look and rethink it through.

spider91301
09-01-2018, 07:58 PM
" To be honest I dont even bother with yellow crystals seems like a waste of time and resources for that extra mod you may or may not get. "

So having 5 extra mods is a waste..... since your skills only good based on your mods maybe you should take a second look and rethink it through.

Im talking about the hassle/amount of yellow crystals you would have to hoard up you would need to store mad stacks of them for a full set and when you can just kill sht in gazkeep and remod it later and it gives you more armor points and is cheaper and less time consuming to get ahold of and especially since you cant craft humanoid metal armor or swords shield and hammers I dont bother with crafting that much for this exact reason also keep in mind one day they plan to uncap skills to level 120 and I dont feel like wasting my time to make a op piece of leather or cloth gear only for better stuff to come out

Also theres a Reply With Quote button for a reason not being d*** just pointing it out for later next time you try to reply to comments

spider91301
09-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Isn't there a recipe to make them safe? I've used it a few times :D

There is but it isnt cheap lots of nice phlog you get it from a quest from the cat lady in new prestons cave the level 70 transmutation teacher

INXS
09-01-2018, 09:15 PM
GK armor is garbage compare to crafted, a little more armor that's it. The refresh abilities is day and night, not to talk about if you craft the evasion gears with the 18% evasion belt archers in GK have a hard time hitting you, ohh yeah let's not leave out the +5 mods.

poulter
09-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Yellow crystals:
Using food and snacks (cheese) plus the resistance item and using BC mods, I can usually carry 10 crystals and survive. Debuffs vary from 1 to 8 most runs. Health is 600+

Mods and max crafted armour:
If you want survivability and flexibility then max crafted is the way to go

Gold items have 5 mods each. Full set = 9 x 5 = 45 mods
Add 9 augments = 54 mods
Add max crafted (up to) another 6 mods = 60

i.e. max crafted is equivalent to an extra piece of gear.

Plus, you don't need high armor to solo patrols in GK. I run with just over 500 armor and 600 health. It is the extra mods that allows this via crowd control.
(i have tested with 800+ armor and around 900 health and obtained better survivability with crowd control mods).

PS:
Evasion (vs. projectiles) 45.5% evasion (base) is also very useful in GK (from using crafted items), especially if you are the puller.

spider91301
09-03-2018, 03:22 PM
GK armor is garbage compare to crafted, a little more armor that's it. The refresh abilities is day and night, not to talk about if you craft the evasion gears with the 18% evasion belt archers in GK have a hard time hitting you, ohh yeah let's not leave out the +5 mods.

If thats the case why do so many people wear the armor

INXS
09-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Laziness? Lack of knowledge? Maybe haven't invested in Leatherworking/Toolcrafting/Tailoring.

poulter
09-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Ask in global chat and people will happily share their gear specs so direct comparisons can be made and informed conclusions arrived at.

Generally, crafted items out-perform drops, but you are free to make your own choices.

I think people use GK dropped items because they are relatively easy to obtain nowadays.
Crafting items is onerous, expensive and random. Dropped items are still very good, just not best-in-slot (BIS).

There is nothing wrong with dropped gear, it is perfectly adequate for group clearing GK.

spider91301
09-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Ask in global chat and people will happily share their gear specs so direct comparisons can be made and informed conclusions arrived at.

Generally, crafted items out-perform drops, but you are free to make your own choices.

I think people use GK dropped items because they are relatively easy to obtain nowadays.
Crafting items is onerous, expensive and random. Dropped items are still very good, just not best-in-slot (BIS).

There is nothing wrong with dropped gear, it is perfectly adequate for group clearing GK.

You might actually be right in certain aspects I wish we could craft our own metal humanoid gear collecting enough amazing and great skins is annoying currently because theres only 1 place in the game to get them semi easily without having to fight the weather in gazluk which is that cave also im going to be honest I only wear it so I dont have to hog that one cave

Also I get both sides of the coin me saying I dont like crafted gear doesn't mean it sucks all together the combat refresh among other things make it worth it