PDA

View Full Version : Quest Won't Update

urgatorb8
07-26-2018, 09:28 AM
I'm having trouble getting the quest "Kar-Get on Villas Wake" to update in Eltibule. According to the Wiki, you need to enter the upper tower above the entrance to Eltibule Keep and click on the Grain Crate to retrieve the "Journal of Sir Villas Wake" to update the quest. I have found the GraninCrate but when I click on it, the pop-up says something to the effect of it smells funny inside and you only have one option and that is to leave it alone or something like that. I never get the journal. I've come back to this spot for 3 days now hoping it might have un-glitched or whatever the issue is - no luck.

It's not a big deal but I'd like to finally complete the quest and figure it out. Is the quest bugged or am I missing some key step? Any help at this point is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BetaNotus
07-26-2018, 10:09 AM
I thought I put this on the wiki, but apparently not on the quest page yet! There's not really anything in-game to suggest this solution, but what you need to do is
Speak with Gretchen and start the quest Gratflower Millet.

urgatorb8
07-26-2018, 11:07 AM
I thought I put this on the wiki, but apparently not on the quest page yet! There's not really anything in-game to suggest this solution, but what you need to do is
Speak with Gretchen and start the quest Gratflower Millet.

Ah, thank you. I don't recall that quest so I'm guessing that's the issue. Hopefully her quest is not gated behind favor because I don't think I've paid much attention to her yet. Thanks for the info, my friend. This was really bugging me.

urgatorb8
07-27-2018, 06:13 AM
Looks like I have to get her favor up one level to Neutral before she'll give me the quest. Guess it's time to farm strange dirt to give her since she offers no quest initially to get some favor. Ugh.

Tagamogi
07-27-2018, 07:55 AM
If you have any carpentry skill at all, I'd go with chairs over dirt. The favor gained by a gift is somewhat based on the gift's vendor value, and since strange dirt is, well, dirt cheap, it takes quite a bit of dirt to gain favor with Gretchen even though she loves it. Oh, it looks like she likes veggie heavy meals too, so that would also work for favor. According to the Wiki, even hash browns give 4 times as much favor as strange dirt.

urgatorb8
07-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Oh, that's right. I forgot about that. I am a cook and I did make some veggie dishes (about 10 for now) but didn't have time to run them out to her yet. I'm feeling senile today. Yeah, hopefully the dishes will do it. I gave her 3 dirts last night and made 10 veggie dishes when I got back to Serbule. Will run them out to her and hopefully, all will be well. Thanks for reminding me.