PDA

View Full Version : Supporting a Prime via an Alt

WizOfId
07-23-2018, 12:04 PM
This is noob question, so I won't complain about flames --
How does one xfer gold between a Prime and and Alt? My goal is to set up crafting alts, that feed prime(s). The prime(s) would feed the alts cash for commodities.

The question is how to move cash back and forth?

I know how to move items, but not cash

Thanks
WizofId

Niph
07-23-2018, 12:25 PM
You can buy Council Certificates on one toon, transfer and sell them on the other. There is no direct money transfer option yet.

I used to just sell my stuff with alts, until they eventually got all the money they needed.

Raviollius
07-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Since you can have everything in one character, there's no point in doing that.

mrwarp
07-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Aside from what Niph suggested, you would need a trusted friend to trade the councils to then pass them to your alt/main. Next time you're in game, I would recommend hitting the ! icon on your right bar and submitting a suggestion ticket to allow council storage in the secure transfer chests that are available.

INXS
07-23-2018, 03:32 PM
All coin bags i get from various places instead of using up if i want to move i place in transfer chest.

Crissa
07-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Oh, hey, a coin bag would be a great thing to craft ^-^

Niph
07-24-2018, 01:27 AM

I transferred some money to all my alts for them to buy storage slots at Hulon.

WizOfId
07-24-2018, 07:32 AM
I guess this is the best approach.
I've submitted a "suggestion" , as MSWRAP offered, just to see what the devs are thinking.
Thanks all for the feedabck

Wiz

preechr
07-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Some people like having alts, some people don't...

As for the OP, what I do is transfer all valuable items that my main doesn't need for crafting or favor to my alts, so basically my main sends any organic stuff (stomaches, trophies, etc...) to my Pig and all the inorganic stuff (skill books, coins, brass, etc...) to my Cow, and then if I see something in /trade I can pop over and sell the item(s) or transfer them back to main for sale

My main is the one that does all the crafting, so I've maxed out (useful) storage in Serb, Serb Hills and Eltibule and distribute storage there according to what I do in those zones: Eltibule - Farming, Tailoring and Cheese, Serb Hills - Mostly Surveying rewards and some long term storage, and I keep everything else I might need for my main on hand in Serb storage

I mainly use Hulon's storage for stockpiles of mushrooms and skins so I can unload stacks on any map... the rest of my foraging items I can unload out of my inventory once I've completed stacks

What you are planning to do is the opposite of my approach, but it seems all you would have to do is use your main to supply recipe ingredients to your alts and then send the completed crafting items back to your main to sell... no need to send the money directly

Alternately, if you wanted your alt to have more money, just use them to sell the items they craft and augment that with loot you get on your main

The reason I went my way was because my main will gain all of the synergy bonuses from leveling all the crafting skills, but the inability to directly transfer councils shouldn't be too high a hurdle for your method either

spider91301
07-24-2018, 02:13 PM
This is noob question, so I won't complain about flames --
How does one xfer gold between a Prime and and Alt? My goal is to set up crafting alts, that feed prime(s). The prime(s) would feed the alts cash for commodities.

The question is how to move cash back and forth?

I know how to move items, but not cash

Thanks
WizofId

Get a playstore open on your main and make the alts buy femurs for 20k a pop and have a stack of them thats what I do when I sell skins and have to transfer the cash

WizOfId
07-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Preechr
I get your approach. I'm starting to see that crafting in PG is the reverse of other games (e.g. AC), in that the prime was the supplier of raw materials and the alts were the craters. In the end, the alts are also the mules for storage.
Thanks for the feedback

Wiz

Celler
07-25-2018, 08:51 AM
If your alt has enough favor at Joeh or mush Jack you can setup consignments and buy them with your main also to pass cash.

HardRock
07-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Not sure if this has been said yet but you can simply open up a stall and set an item to be way over priced, have your mules by the items and that will funnel the money to your main. If you dont have a stall you can use a npc that offers consignment but make sure you use a flat rate npc to launder and not one that takes a percent.

You could also offer to buy other player coin sacks and use the player transfer chest if same account.

Arundel
07-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Not sure if this has been said yet but you can simply open up a stall and set an item to be way over priced, have your mules by the items and that will funnel the money to your main. If you dont have a stall you can use a npc that offers consignment but make sure you use a flat rate npc to launder and not one that takes a percent.

You could also offer to buy other player coin sacks and use the player transfer chest if same account.

But how does this work for you HR?? All of your items are literally market value to the silver every time! It's impossible to catch this guy sleeping. So how can you transfer money this way? I have to get in game and see if your shop actually has one item that is grossly overpriced to do this - if so I will be deleting my brain in disbelief as I have checked your store to know the value of goods for a year now (I'm moderately, no, completely lazy) usually when I know I'm in the ballpark but need it made certain.

(( I know that you would be willing to do this but some part of my mind can't accept a Project:Gorgon economy with even a single item from HR overpriced. I had assumed you were ACTUALLY a supercomputer robot economics calculator that determined the exact price of goods and the whole server adjusted or feared death by lazer. I was really beginning to believe... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY BELIEF!?!?!))

((( You could say that I'm just as stubborn and immovable in my views of your pricing as a 'hard rock' is! See what I did! I'm so clever give me free items? Actually punching me at this point is more appropriate. Sorry! )))

Kryshael
07-25-2018, 01:59 PM
I transferred some money to all my alts for them to buy storage slots at Hulon.

I will definitely NOT ask how many slots each of your alts has :(

HardRock
07-28-2018, 10:39 AM
But how does this work for you HR?? All of your items are literally market value to the silver every time! It's impossible to catch this guy sleeping. So how can you transfer money this way? I have to get in game and see if your shop actually has one item that is grossly overpriced to do this - if so I will be deleting my brain in disbelief as I have checked your store to know the value of goods for a year now (I'm moderately, no, completely lazy) usually when I know I'm in the ballpark but need it made certain.

(( I know that you would be willing to do this but some part of my mind can't accept a Project:Gorgon economy with even a single item from HR overpriced. I had assumed you were ACTUALLY a supercomputer robot economics calculator that determined the exact price of goods and the whole server adjusted or feared death by lazer. I was really beginning to believe... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY BELIEF!?!?!))

((( You could say that I'm just as stubborn and immovable in my views of your pricing as a 'hard rock' is! See what I did! I'm so clever give me free items? Actually punching me at this point is more appropriate. Sorry! )))

Well I don't actually use the method I mentioned because I just have someone transfer money from my mules to me. Once in a while I will shop the player market to buy goods with the mules.

If I am a super computer then you are the quantum cpu.

70 65 61 63 65

Rick Sanchez
07-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but if you have a vendor store couldn't you just put in an item reserved for your alt with a set price of what you want to transfer to the main?