PDA

View Full Version : Starter island and broken amethyst

Zoelle
01-28-2017, 01:00 PM
So what happens if your amethyst breaks when binding on the starter island? I rang the bell at the end of the dock is the amethyst fairy coming?

alleryn
01-28-2017, 01:07 PM
Get another amethyst? The bags that appear near the teleport platforms contain two amethysts, which is enough to bind once and recall once even if both break, and that'is all you need to get off the island. If somehow you bind an extra time or something you can always get another bag (they spawn near the broken platform too).

Zoelle
01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
I've not had bags respawn and I've run around waiting/testing for quite awhile. Rats or other items will sqawn in their place but no additional amethyst appear. 1 broke when binding with the npc and the 2nd broke when binding at the teleport so not able to recall circle which gets me off the island. No response from devs ingame.../shock.

Thanks for the reply.

This is the 2nd time this has happened and have never received a response from ingame reporting. Thus why I'm taking it to the forums.

1st time I created another toon and they gave me one of their 2 amethyst. This time my husband created an alt and gave me one of his amethyst.

Hint to devs....your transportation off of the starter island shouldn't have a risk of failure.

Zoelle
01-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Thank you to Srand for her response ingame. It's a bug that needs addressed. But huge hugs to her for responding to and touching base with we the players. People appreciate it.

alleryn
01-28-2017, 04:04 PM
I've not had bags respawn and I've run around waiting/testing for quite awhile. Rats or other items will sqawn in their place but no additional amethyst appear.

Huh okay i could swear i got off the island (started in early january btw so something might have changed in latest patch) with at least four amethysts. Maybe i'm misremembering.

Glad to hear you got a response from srand and were able to get off the island with your husband's help.

Vaurg
01-28-2017, 11:49 PM
Lawara gives you another gem for doing favor for her, so total you have three gems, isn't it enough?

Zoelle
01-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Lawara gives you another gem for doing favor for her, so total you have three gems, isn't it enough?

Thank you for responding, now we know she gives a gem. No one I spoke with knew that, so definitely worth knowing! :)

eikona
01-29-2017, 05:38 AM
Huh okay i could swear i got off the island (started in early january btw so something might have changed in latest patch) with at least four amethysts. Maybe i'm misremembering.

Glad to hear you got a response from srand and were able to get off the island with your husband's help.

You're not. I left the island the other day with 2 characters, and they both had 4 and 5 amethysts, respectively. I am boggling at the preponderance of bad luck you have to have to run into this problem. Though I do think there is a point to the statement that the way off newbie island probably shouldn't fail.

Maybe the thing to do would be to code the newbie island teleport questline to have the first attuning attempt with an amethyst autofail so the player knows to take the warnings seriously, and the next ones to auto-succeed so there is no way to get stuck.

Khariel
01-29-2017, 07:14 AM
You can also get amethysts from random drops from the mobs there. Not often, but you can get them.

lilibat
01-29-2017, 08:20 PM
The dinosaurs sometimes drop them too. One alt had like 10 by the time they left because I had then pharming dirt for me there for a few days.